Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quest Glendalough 2019

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭The Davestator

See you can access this link;

https://www.strava.com/activities/2268884763

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Peterx

ofthelord wrote: »
    Hi All,

Would someone be able to share a strava link to the 2nd run section?...

Also, I noticed the below note in the route information section of the Quest website - would anyone know which section of the first cycle the below refers to?
    Stage 1:
    Note: Dismount before 1st narrow bridge & remount only after 2nd bridge when instructed to do so – DQ for non-compliance...

Here's the whole route from 2016 https://www.strava.com/activities/554487520 hopefully it's public

That dismount looks to be on the very first cycle right at the start of the race - so yet another reason to wear runners all day

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭ofthelord

Thanks The Davestator and Peterx,
    Davestator your link is 'not found' but Peterx's link is ok - I will take a close look at this link for an idea of the 2nd run route and use it as reference this weekend and hopefully won't get too lost on the side of the mountain. The 2nd run doesn't look like there are too many turns on it so should be ok to navigate, and ideally there will be a nice worn path to follow.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

A hard days climbing ahead! Cant wait

Thanks The Davestator and Peterx,
    Davestator your link is 'not found' but Peterx's link is ok - I will take a close look at this link for an idea of the 2nd run route and use it as reference this weekend and hopefully won't get too lost on the side of the mountain. The 2nd run doesn't look like there are too many turns on it so should be ok to navigate, and ideally there will be a nice worn path to follow.
    Thanks again.

You wont get lost (unless you are first)!

Plenty of people to follow and signs and marshals.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Noddy33

Hope everyones training is going well. Been happy with my own progress with plenty of Brick sessions and have to say legs are feeling good.

Just wondering what is the story with water top up stations? I assume it is not like a marathon run where there are people handing out water bottles to participants or is it case of that you carry your own bottles through out and just fill them up at the available water tap stations?

Also in relation to the Mandatory kit.......how strictly is this looked at and enforced? Also where it possible to get the tin foil wraps or is that a stupid question and do people just carry kitchen tin foil!!??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Noddy33 wrote: »
    Hope everyones training is going well. Been happy with my own progress with plenty of Brick sessions and have to say legs are feeling good.

Just wondering what is the story with water top up stations? I assume it is not like a marathon run where there are people handing out water bottles to participants or is it case of that you carry your own bottles through out and just fill them up at the available water tap stations?

Also in relation to the Mandatory kit.......how strictly is this looked at and enforced? Also where it possible to get the tin foil wraps or is that a stupid question and do people just carry kitchen tin foil!!??

Carry your own and fill accordingly if you can find them!
    From memory I cant say I remember using or seeing any Quest supplied ones(thats not to say to dont exist)

They do ask and inspect for mandatory kit and last year one lady was a stickler on the first run..
    Not sure on the tin foil wraps?? :) I hope youre not planning on bringing illegal substances!! :D if so see you at the after party!! ;)
    Foil emergency blanket is it?
    Regatta outdoors would stock them... cheap enough if thats what it is...

You can get the foil blankets in any trespass or regatta shop. It's not heavy and could be important if you twist an ankle up high so don't worry about whether you can get away with not carrying it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

There's definitely a top up station at the bike rack in GAA grounds in Laragh

You won't be allowed into the initial holding pen without the kit. They are very strict on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Just received an email from Quest and they have a link to the "Revised Routes"

For the Challenge Route it looks like they've gotten rid of that really deep descent that brings you to the bridge at St. Patrick & St. Killian Church. Whihc is probably not a bad thing. They've also confirmed the finsh at Laragh GAA Club like last year's change. Not sure if the other routes have changed.

They've also introduced cut off times. Again, probably not a bad thing. Some people end up staying out for hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Met a bunch of Questers on Croaghanmoira this morning, getting to grips with its tough up and downs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dkelly4

Hi, if anyone is selling a ticket for the 21km Challenge route - Quest Glendalough 2020 could you please let me know. Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Noddy33

What would peoples opinion being on likelihood of this event getting the thumbs up to go ahead? I assume everyone seeing the email early on the week but i would take it most people are not too optimistic...........I struggled for motivation to get any training done this week as a result and started to look at the inevitable.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭1882

What would peoples opinion being on likelihood of this event getting the thumbs up to go ahead? I assume everyone seeing the email early on the week but i would take it most people are not too optimistic...........I struggled for motivation to get any training done this week as a result and started to look at the inevitable.........
    I could have posted the exact same thing. All this event cancelling going on has taken the wind out of my sails. I've already had the Mallow 10 mile & Great Gorey Run axed on me....
    Just waiting for the dreaded email off Quest now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭1882

Dreaded postponement email landed.
    No mention of a refund being offered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

1882 wrote: »
    Dreaded postponement email landed.
    No mention of a refund being offered.

Very strange indeed given the course of action for another one of the events they organise.
    They postponed Ring of Beara May 25th and rescheduled then to end of August they cancelled it completely last week transferring everyone to the 2021 with the option of a refund (less booking fee)....emailed for refund with no hassle and expecting it back the first week of June..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Dental Floss

Glendalough going ahead on 31st October

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Glendalough going ahead on 31st October

Ah jasus, I thought I had (and need!) until next April to train! Was looking forward to doing it in good weather ;(

BigAl81 wrote: »
    Ah jasus, I thought I had (and need!) until next April to train! Was looking forward to doing it in good weather ;(
    Have to get the finger out now :)

Quest Glendalough in October is cancelled. Was really hoping this would go ahead because I've nothing else to train for this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭ofthelord

Quest Glendalough in October is cancelled. Was really hoping this would go ahead because I've nothing else to train for this year.
    Just got the email notifying of cancellation now, had been looking forward to it. Thinking now that I might wait for the next weekend with a bit of decent weather and give it a go on my own!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Just got the email notifying of cancellation now, had been looking forward to it. Thinking now that I might wait for the next weekend with a bit of decent weather and give it a go on my own!

What route were you doing?. Ill give it a rattle too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Requested a refund. They are only offfering transfers to a 2021 event.
    If anyone wants my entry (you can transfer names) let me know via pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭KAGY

I've an entry going for Quest Glendalough 2021 - Sport 43K Route - Wave 5 - Runner/Jogger. Can't compete due to injury 😕

30th Oct

Pm if interested

Advertisement