Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Koreans in Ireland

Options
  • 28-10-2004 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm hoping anyone can lend a bit of help and info here. I'm Irish and have a Korean wife. I have the chance of moving back to Ireland (we live in Singapore at the minute) maybe around Cork and was wondering if there was any way to check if there is any kind of Korean community in that area. Actually anywhere outside Dublin for that matter. Dublin would be great but it looks like you need a lottery win to afford anything bigger than a dog kennel :D

Thanks

Pete

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭frany

Hi,

I'm hoping anyone can lend a bit of help and info here. I'm Irish and have a Korean wife. I have the chance of moving back to Ireland (we live in Singapore at the minute) maybe around Cork and was wondering if there was any way to check if there is any kind of Korean community in that area. Actually anywhere outside Dublin for that matter. Dublin would be great but it looks like you need a lottery win to afford anything bigger than a dog kennel :D

Thanks

Pete

Hello, Pete

I'm a Korean woman who married an Irish guy and living in Dublin at the moment. When are you going to move to here?? i'm so glad to read your posting.I haven't found any Korean community here either but your wife can buy some ingredients for korean food. But I know there is a Korea town near London.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I've tried to compile as many resources as I can in the Stickeys. I am aware there were Koreans in Sligo but I am not sure how much of a community it was/is.

Korean Embassay said (last time I spoke to them) there are about 500 Koreans in Ireland. Mostly students. If I or anyone else finds more information it will be posted here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭diarmuidh

There is a Korean Restaurant on Parnell St maybe a notice could be posted there!! Just an idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Flying Doctor

Thanks for all the replies. We haven't decided on the move yet and to be honest if there are no Koreans around Cork then it isn't going to happen. The last thing I want to do is isolate the wee woman in a strange country. I'm a Chiropractor and I was looking at buying a practice in Cork (ain't going to make a fortune working for someone else). Seemed like a great opportunity. I had thought of having the Mrs man the reception as it would give her something to do, but it is a bit unfair of me to just lump her in a strange place with no-one to even talk to in her own language. We have lived in China and the US but she was always able to find Koreans and a Korean Church, same here in Singapore. It looks like Ireland is a Korean desert. Pity really because the Cork area is pretty nice.

Thanks again

Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If your heart is set on Ireland I don't know what to say. -_- The more Koreans come here the more there will be here.

Does she speak English at all? Even if her english is good she is going to have problems with the Irish accents, especially in Cork.

Now if it is Koreans your looking for... England has a huge population of Koreans in New Malden in Surrey. It's called "Little Korea".

There are certainly koreans in Ireland though. If you see the sticky threads you can see what is available in Dublin at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

There is loads of Koreans in Dublin but they have not bothered to set up a society, there are many students too.............. My other half is Korean and she would love to meet other Koreans too, we live in Dublin.

There are Korean student agents in Dublin and I've heard they make trouble among the Dublin Korean COmmunity.

Give me a PM if you want any help

D. 15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 michaelsu

we are living in galway, im looking for Korean community, here most of people are Korean students .. i really want my wife will meet here korean people, She miss them a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 michaelsu

michaelsu wrote:
    we are living in galway, im looking for Korean community, here most of people are Korean students .. i really want my wife will meet here korean people, She miss them a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stevecroc13

just joined this place there.im from derry and married to a korean girl...there are koreans all over ireland, there hard to find through boards like this, you need to get the wee lady to contact a korean board, www.daum.net...get her to log on there....im livin in derry and happy as larry, the wife has a fair few korean friends in neighbourin towns,slan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 boatman2

Hi there,

I saw your post is a few years old, but thought I'd reply anyway. I'm also married to a Korean and we live in Cork. There is another couple like us also in Cork who we are friends with, and there are some Korean students around.

Best wishes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 yanulra

Hello!! I am just writing some short messages to make korean friends. I am native korean who got married a Irsih man last year. Somtimes , I want to meet , have a chat and have a good time with a korean woman. I am living in city center. If someone who is interested in my post , e-mail me.

cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 miryongee

hi yanulra, I'm also a korean married to an Irishman but I'm a Korean-American. I still speak korean so if you're still looking for a friend u can pm me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kdmik

Hi How are u? My usuer name on board. ie is yanulra. I forgot my password and couldn't log on to my usualname so I registerd again. Anyway, I've just read your message and I am still interested in making korean friends. I've been living in Dublin for 5 years and married to for two years with a child. If you are ok, please e-mail to me

[EMAIL="lsh75612@a"]lsh75612@[/EMAIL]yahoo.co.kr
    cheers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 boatman2

Hi everyone,

Here's a useful link for Koreans in Ireland:
    http://home.korean.net/ireland/index.html

Korean church meeting in Dublin in this church:
    http://www.adelaideroadchurch.ie/

At this church there is also a cafe for Free ENGLISH PRACTICE:
    http://www.adelaideroadchurch.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=77&Itemid=85

Korean church in Belfast:
    http://cafe.naver.com/krchurchni

Koreans in Cork Facebook page here:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Korean-Community-in-Cork-Ireland-KCC/185275694843245

and Naver cafe Cork page here:
    http://cafe.naver.com/hangukcork

Best wishes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kaegori

My wife (Korean) and I are packing at the moment to move to Ireland with our 4 month old son.
    We will probably be living in Limerick.
    It's great to see this forum as one of the things she is most worried about is not being able to meet other Koreans there. I realise this is quite an old thread but it would be great to know if there are any other Koreans in the area.

Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 franky 17

hi shane i just moved home wit my wife from busan.we are currently in limerick but are planning to move to shannon.we have a 13 month old son.if your missus is stuck for friends give us a shout.cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Hi if any of the males that brought Korean wives to Ireland could you drop me a pm please. I've recently come home from Korea and my girlfriend is coming in the next few days and just some questions I'd like to ask.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

I moved back to Ireland with my Korean wife.

She's out of work but she's a qualified maths and science teacher. It could take up to a year to get her registered with the Teaching Council to start a career as a teacher here. Anyone have a Korean wife that's working in Ireland? How did they get a job? What kind of work?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 oneunited2998

Hi im an irish guy from dublin and have korean partner.we moved to dublin 4 weeks ago from new zealand.we have a 11 month old boy.
    My partner sun need to find some korean friends it would be great to meet up with some koreans and make some friends.
    Thanks ronan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ETRY

Hi there

I'm korean and married to Irish with a child. If your partner wants to make a korean friend, I will give you my e-mail and I can get in touch with your partner. I can also introduce your partner to new people.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 oneunited2998

ETRY wrote: »
    Hi there

I'm korean and married to Irish with a child. If your partner wants to make a korean friend, I will give you my e-mail and I can get in touch with your partner. I can also introduce your partner to new people.

Thanks

Hi i just passed on your number to her.her name is sun .her number is 0852002579.she is on kao kao talk.hope to see you soon :)
    Ronan

• Registered Users Posts: 1 greenfireash

Dear all. I am currently living in seoul but moving back to northern ireland soon with my korean husband. I would like to meet other people with korean spouses. In korea there is a very large group of us and we usually use a facebook page. I decided therefore to create one for irleand and northen irleand. Please chexk it out :) spouses of koreans in northern ireland and ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭ishidaogo

I have quite a number of back issues of Baduk Monthly. If any Korean player would like some just let me know.
    John

Advertisement