Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseekers courses open to non-EU nationals

Options
  • 04-05-2021 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

(Mods, please move if this is not the correct forum)

Does anyone know of any courses available for jobseekers which are open to non-EU nationals (stamp 2 holders specifically) ? Most of the courses I have seen require EU citizenship.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭AllForIt

When you say 'available' do you mean state funded i.e. 'free' ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Leinster90 wrote: »
    (Mods, please move if this is not the correct forum)

Does anyone know of any courses available for jobseekers which are open to non-EU nationals (stamp 2 holders specifically) ? Most of the courses I have seen require EU citizenship.

Many thanks!

And with very good reason! A stamp 2 entitles a non EU/EEA/CH person to reside in Ireland for the purpose of full-time education not job seeking and building a career.

Any attempt by the holder of a Stamp 2, to seek employment or job training beyond the casual labour allowed in the permit could lead the authorities to conclude that the person is not a genuine student and they could be deported. And that would mean that they'd be barred from entering the entire of the Schengen area, not just Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Leinster90

My mistake, I meant to say Stamp 1G, ie. someone legally entitled to remain and work in the country as a graduate of an Irish university.

And yes I did mean “free”, which does not necessarily mean government-funded. It could be funded by a charity or NGO. Most foreign nationals contribute more to the state coffers than Irish layabouts, and at least they are actually looking for work unlike many of our native dole-artists.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Leinster90 wrote: »
    My mistake, I meant to say Stamp 1G, ie. someone legally entitled to remain and work in the country as a graduate of an Irish university.

This should be for the purpose of seeking graduate level employment and applying for a general employment permit, a critical skills employment permit or research hosting agreement.

This is a common mistake. The permit only allows a graduate to remain in the country for a period of time to seek employment under the normal conditions for a non EU/EEA/CH permit.

The reality is that we're only interested in them because they will fill a gap in the labor market that can't be filled from within the EU/EEA/CH. If they are not going to do that, then we have no interest in them, hence they don't have access to the public services like an EU/EEA/CH citizen would have.

Advertisement