Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to receive HAP if you are living with people?

Options
  • 20-04-2021 3:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm just wondering is it possible to receive HAP rental allowance if you're living with people in a rented accommodation? Or do you have to be living on your own?
    I'm living on my own at the moment and availing of HAP but I was hoping to move to a city in the next year or so in order to do a college course and I was wondering could I avail of HAP when living in student accommodation?

Any helpful information would be great. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭SourSessions

You can be on HAP in shared accommodation. However, I would look into your eligibility in a new county. I'm not sure how easy it is to transfer (it may be a simple process, I genuinely don't know)

Also, the house you live in will have to reach certain standards, so you'd need to look into that as well.

Advertisement