Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircode

Options
  • 16-07-2015 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭

When will Irish Water be supporting Eircode, your website does not seem to alllow users to update their address to include an eircode.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Irish Water: Kim

Hi GerardKeating,

When will Irish Water be supporting Eircode, your website does not seem to alllow users to update their address to include an eircode.

We currently have no immediate plans to include Eircode on our website but it is something we hope to implement in the future.

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
    Kim

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭northwestramble

I find it strange a new company set up, which knew about eircode at time of setup did not take it into consideration. Is it a case the new IT systems costing millions on consultancy and development do not support it? 
    Or just Irish water not want to use eircode as it is optional? 

• Registered Users Posts: 9,426 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Maybe because it's only been launched for less than a week...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Odds are it will take many years before people will take it seriously and use it. So IW aren't going to spend money on introducing an unused new system, even if it's a state body. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 1983211

Sully wrote: »
    Odds are it will take many years before people will take it seriously and use it. So IW aren't going to spend money on introducing an unused new system, even if it's a state body. 
    For me it is important as I often receive mail with post sticker I used wrong address even tho I did not, mostly eBay stuff when sellers don't know what county means. But also post sent from Ireland. So I will be using my eircode from day one. It is optional, but lots of money was spend on it so one would expect that at least state companies will use it day 1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I too wanted to add my Eircode as we have delivery issues here. I can't believe IW didn't build this in when we all knew it was coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

I rang up IW the other day because we never received a bill. Turns out they managed to add a random postal address that wasn't ours. When I was updating the address, I offered our Eircode, to say the agent was perplexed by it would be an understatement. She didn't even know what an Eircode was.

Advertisement