Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No claim discount refused without outstanding reason

Options
  • 05-07-2015 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

I opened up a car insurance policy for my car on June 16th.

I got a good quote from Liberty insurance and they said me they would accept my italian no claim insurance. They said explicitly that they wouldn't need a translation. I sent them my "attestato di rischio", the italian equivalent of a no claim declaration on the same day.
    On June 29th, when the 14 days cancellation period ended, they sent me a letter by standard post (I received it on July 1st) asking for additional 811€ by July 9th.
    After I called them the next business day (it was late when I got the letter) they explained me that they were "not able" to verify my details with my previous insurance.
    It took only 10 minutes for me to call my previous italian and ask for clarifications. They even told me that they will send me an english no claim statement. So I don't understand why Liberty insurance wasn't able to verify my no claim statement.

After that I wrote to Liberty insurance letting them know all the contact phone numbers and email addresses I was able to found for the previous insurer.

I definitely think that Liberty had little or no interest to validate my no claim bonus statement, and I've done everything I can to prove that my no claim statement was legit.

What I need to do now?
    I would like to be an happy Liberty customer. I already paid 481€ in full.

Any advice is accepted.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

I opened up a car insurance policy for my car on June 16th.
    I got a good quote from Liberty insurance and they said me they would accept my italian no claim insurance. They said explicitly that they wouldn't need a translation. I sent them my "attestato di rischio", the equivalent of a no claim declaration the same day I opened up the policy.
    On June 29th, they sent me a letter by standard post (I received it on July 1st) asking for additional 811€ by July 9th.
    After I called them the next business day they explained me that they were "not able" to verify my details with my previous insurance.
    I took 10 minutes for me to call my previous italian and ask clarifications. They even told me that they will send me an english no claim statement.
    After that I wrote to Liberty insurance writing them all the contact numbers and email addresses I have for the previous insurer.

I definitely think that Liberty had no interest to validate my no claim bonus statement, and I've done everything I can to prove that my no claim statement was legit.

What I need to do now?
    I would like to be an happy Liberty customer. I already paid 481€ in full.
    If I cancel my insurance I'll loose money and I need to find another insurance company, and I would to avoid that.

Any advice is accepted.

Thanks
    Hi Fear Factory

Can you PM me with your policy details and I will arrange for someone to look into this for you.

Regards 
    Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭fear_factory84

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I sent you a PM with all details, please tell me if you need anything else.

Kind regards

It seems that now everything was sorted out.

The fault was due to the Italian insurance Genialloyd that hasn't replied to Liberty's email.

Sean was really helpful. It was a pain for me to let Genialloyd reply to that email.

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

It seems that now everything was sorted out.

The fault was due to the Italian insurance Genialloyd that hasn't replied to Liberty's email.

Sean was really helpful. It was a pain for me to let Genialloyd reply to that email.

Thanks
    Hi fear_factory84,
    Thanks for your feedback, glad you got everything sorted out.
    Una

Hi,

I have a dear friend that is in the same situation as mine.
    I sent an email to Sean with his details.

If you can check his situation I will be glad.

Kind regards

• Advertisement

Hi,

I have a dear friend that is in the same situation as mine.
    I sent an email to Sean with his details.

If you can check his situation I will be glad.

Kind regards
    Hi Fear Factory

We have received your email. We will look into your friends policy and contact him directly on Monday.

Regards 
    Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭leandrolorenzi

Exactly the same happened to me :-)
    At the end everything has been sorted out, I had to contact personally Directline (my Italian previous insurer)  to make sure they confirmed to Liberty the validity of my Italian 'AttestatoDiRischio"/ NoClaimsCertificateHistory  .
    To be fair I find the onus acceptable considering that not many Irish Insurer accepted the Italian AttestatoDiRischio: 
    I did a personal research and LibertyInsurance was the only one  among 30+ Company/Broker  contacted. 

My friend Svet is still having problems with the Genialloyd Italian insurance.

They are refusing to reply to the Liberty email. Instead of replying to Liberty's email they answered him with another No claim statement (useless).

If any Italian person is looking at this thread, beware of Genialloyd insurance!!!! Tell this to your friends and parents in Italy!
    You will avoid them troubles if for any reason they will move to other countries!

update: Genialloyd finally replied to Liberty to validate my friend's no claim statement. Hurra!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭JackHeuston

I am in your same position. My previous insurer is Generali. I don't see how it is reasonable to expect another company to reply to an email and refuse any other type of communication. I was asked to pay in three days over a weekend 3200 € with no advise at all and I am completely lost.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057502952

I am in your same position. My previous insurer is Generali. I don't see how it is reasonable to expect another company to reply to an email and refuse any other type of communication. I was asked to pay in three days over a weekend 3200 € with no advise at all and I am completely lost.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057502952
    Hi JackHeuston,
    I'm sorry you are having an issue with verifying your No Claims Bonus. I would be keen to look into this matter for you. Please send me your policy number by PM so I can investigate this further for you.
    Una

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 luca.petricca

Hi All,

I am currently having the same problem. My previous insurer is Vittoria Assicurazioni. Their only way to reply is by a no claim statement translated in 4 languages (English included) that contains all the information that Liberty is looking for their validation, and Vittoria just told me to forward this PDF document directly to Liberty because as a matter of fact it is an authentic document; based on this reason, they refused to reply to the Validation e-mail from Liberty. Soon my Liberty insurance policy will raise from approx 1700 to more than 3000€ because my 5 years no claim hasn't been recognized just because "technically" an e-mail hadn't been answered. 

This is frustrating, considering that I have done all my best to provide the necessary information and I have to pay an astronomical amount just because they don't trust the document that I provided.

Kind regards

Luca

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭JackHeuston

Hi Luca, I'll write you in private tomorrow

Hi All,

I am currently having the same problem. My previous insurer is Vittoria Assicurazioni. Their only way to reply is by a no claim statement translated in 4 languages (English included) that contains all the information that Liberty is looking for their validation, and Vittoria just told me to forward this PDF document directly to Liberty because as a matter of fact it is an authentic document; based on this reason, they refused to reply to the Validation e-mail from Liberty. Soon my Liberty insurance policy will raise from approx 1700 to more than 3000€ because my 5 years no claim hasn't been recognized just because "technically" an e-mail hadn't been answered. 

This is frustrating, considering that I have done all my best to provide the necessary information and I have to pay an astronomical amount just because they don't trust the document that I provided.

Kind regards

Luca
    Hi luca.petricca,

Could you PM me your policy number to look into this for you,

Thanks Una

• Registered Users Posts: 4 luca.petricca

Thanks to Una support, now everything is sorted. I received yesterday a letter from Liberty that confirmed my 5 year of no claims

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LauraAlberto

I am finding myself in a similar situation. Can anyone from Liberty contact me, please? Thank you.

• Company Representative Posts: 112 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Lisa K

Hi Laura, I have just replied to your PM. Lisa

Thank you Lisa.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Prokopakis

We are no exactly in the same situation just our previous insurance is from Greece. Two times I called my previous insurance and they said that there is no email or any call from Liberty about validation of my no claim bonus. LiberyL says that they couldn't get in contact with them and instead of 700-800e now my insurance goes more then 2600e. So how is possible to validate something if you don't even ask for validation. So what I had to do?!?? Unfortunately ask for my insurance to stop and now maybe even to pay fee, to lose my deposit that I paid....because somebody " drives you in a circle"

Prokopakis wrote: »
    We are no exactly in the same situation just our previous insurance is from Greece. Two times I called my previous insurance and they said that there is no email or any call from Liberty about validation of my no claim bonus. LiberyL says that they couldn't get in contact with them and instead of 700-800e now my insurance goes more then 2600e. So how is possible to validate something if you don't even ask for validation. So what I had to do?!?? Unfortunately ask for my insurance to stop and now maybe even to pay fee, to lose my deposit that I paid....because somebody " drives you in a circle"
    Hi Prokopakis
    Can you private message me with your policy details and we will look into this for you.
    Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Daniela79

Hi Prokopakis
    Can you private message me with your policy details and we will look into this for you.
    Seán
    I just did Sean, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Amin1987

Read and share this, before you sign a contract with Liberty.
    I can see where all those reviews are coming from. Just try to see what they do with their loyal customers. I moved to United states, and my annual contract was finished start of 2019, and after a few months i checked my Irish bank account, and they had deducted money from my account, which was a shock, as such a huge company and deducting money without my signature, call, msg, or even an email. I contacted the team and they said you had to inform us that you were moving. So I had to inform them even my annual contract finishes, otherwise they had to deduct money lifelong even if i wasnt in this world anymore, and they cant contact me by call, msg, email or signature to renew their insurance, Bravo.
    They still said they will deduct the money till the day i chat or tell them to cancel plus some processing fee of 50€. The worst thing i felt i did was to trust them, and get into direct debit. So never do that otherwise even your kids would be paying for your scrapped rusty car insurance after 100 yrs.
    I wrote this review not to say bad about anyone, but only if they were apologetic and refunded my money which i never signed or confirmed for. They are here due to their customers, and they should respect and help us in every possible way rather than taking insurance bills forever and make us regret to sign in the first place with this company. The amount they will refund in such mild cases wont get them bankrupt but at least will get them more customer confidence and we can spread their good service to others. And this issue is not one time, it was also a year ago and they haven't revised their policy, it means they are making money by such injustice means, which they dont want to revise.
    GEI/QMP/051326631
    Thats my policy number for proof.
    And somebody wants more details or screenshot of my chat, they can pm me too.
    Regards

Well I need to thanks Liberty for NOT doing their job at all, 2 months ago I have been told "we ll check your problem and tomorrow we will contact you", well that never happened, ofcourse I found new insurance company, CHEAPER then Liberty, my no claim bonus was validated without any problem(as Liberty said my previous company never replied them about no claim bonus, but actually they never even tried to validate it), just I regret that I lost time with them. Bad, bad, bad customer service!!!!

Hi Daniela79, sorry to hear you are unhappy with the service you received from us. If you want to PM me with your details I can look into this for you. Lisa

Hi Daniela79, sorry to hear you are unhappy with the service you received from us. If you want to PM me with your details I can look into this for you. Lisa

Well I did, exactly here, 2 months ago and the last text that I got from you, after I sent my policy number, was "will have a look and will text tomorrow afternoon" and that never happened, 2 months ago. So, no thank you, I already solved my issue, with policy from another company

Sorry Daniela79, we are unable to locate your PM from March and apologise for any inconvenience caused. Lisa

Daniela, I've send you a PM. I hope you don't mind.

Advertisement