Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag night info

Options
  • 18-02-2014 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

I'm organising my brothers stag night and I'm seriously considering Sligo. Hotel I'm thinking of is the Best Western, activity is Segways and I'm looking for suggestions for a cheap and cheerful restaurant for about 20 lads early on a Saturday evening.. Any suggestions for the restaurant or the hotel or activity? Surfing is out as I have an age group from 25 to 65!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Focus_sligo

Sligo extreme paint balling 2 mins out of the town? There is a go kart track but it's 20-25 mins away

Resteraunt wise it depends what you want, plenty of choice in Chinese, Indian steaks Italian etc that are all reasonable enough, but booking would be needed for 20 people

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

China City and Panda (also Chinese) am sure would cater for up that number with a booking. Both also do all you eat, although China City, disapointingly, don't do Chinese, or any other Asian Beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭glen25

Thanks for all the replies so far. Has anyone any experience of the restaurant in the Best Western? Maybe having dinner there before moving on into town might be a good idea.. get the soakage in early :D

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

We ate in the Best Western restaurant there last Christmas. The food was alright, mediocre in my experience. It felt like we were in a basement cellar though, I didnt like the surroundings. The Bar area though was great and really enjoyed after the meal rather than the meal itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

glen25 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies so far. Has anyone any experience of the restaurant in the Best Western? Maybe having dinner there before moving on into town might be a good idea.. get the soakage in early :D

Not unless it's changed, the meals in The Best Western/Sligo Southern are part of the room deal, with evening meal. As such, the restaurant is focused on serving en masse, pretty much the same meal. It's probably the last place I would book to eat out. No, I wouldn't even book to eat a meal there.

I'd be delighted to hear if it's changed in recent times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭IrishLad2012

Depends what time of the evening you want to eat, Coach Lane on your walk to town, a little bit expensive but great food. Also you could ring around a few and see what they can do for you, McHughs,Fiddlers,Haradgons...

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Sligo Golf Academy might be worth checking out if that type of thing interests ye. Both archery and driving range. Ye'd need cars/taxis out to there though. http://www.sligogolfacademy.ie/

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm thinking of going with Sligo City hotel. They're doing a dinner and b&b for me. Anyone had any experience with the bar food? I'm not expecting Michelin stars but hope it's ok with a few pints!

Last question for ye.. We'll doing the paintballing on Saturday. Is there a pub beside there to watch the matches or are we best off heading back into town straight after to catch them?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭IrishLad2012

Last question for ye.. We'll doing the paintballing on Saturday. Is there a pub beside there to watch the matches or are we best off heading back into town straight after to catch them?
    Best heading back into town, there isn't really any pubs near the Paintballing. You will be able to catch the game in McHughs or the Garavogue, that would be where I would be heading if I were you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement