Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

St Patricks Day Parade

Options
  • 13-03-2014 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Does anyone know what time the parade starts at and where in Sligo Town?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭shanec1928

mail coach road as always and 12 noon

• Registered Users Posts: 12 me julie

Does anyone know if the mini train will be running this bank hol weekend in Ballymote? Where can I find info on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

Apparently they are going to be shaking buckets at everyone to raise donations they need to ensure the parade can be put on next year.
    http://sligoweekender.ie/2014/03/13/euros-buckets-needed-save-sligo-parade/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I think they do that most years, I always see Stewards going around with buckets. What costs does the parade committee invoke? I'm assuming it's for the likes of pipe bands from outside the County to be paid for travel?

This thing about groups putting on a display at the viewing stand gets on my wick, talk about creating gaps and disrupting the flow of the parade. From gymnasts to karate kids to dancers, keep moving for fecks sake. I think I might just walk up Mail Coach Road at 5 to 12 and see all that way and be home by half past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

me julie wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the mini train will be running this bank hol weekend in Ballymote? Where can I find info on this?

The train usually runs on paddys day, depending on weather, usually running in the morning before the parade starts rather than after it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Is there anything on in and around Sligo tomorrow? I'm travelling Monday so will miss the parade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭johnire

The parade was great but noticed the courthouse had no flags...two empty flagpoles.....absolutly disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

few lads of a certain age on a trailer in grange in blackface. Seemed to be based on the recent cool guinness advert.
    great humour in the sligo one with the atm on a jcb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭johnire

Yes....the ATM one was done by The Mens Sheds branch in Tubbercurry. It was brilliant!!
    Prometheus wrote: »
    few lads of a certain age on a trailer in grange in blackface. Seemed to be based on the recent cool guinness advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Asbury Park

promethius wrote: »

blackface? nice to see some people are living in the 21st century! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

blackface? nice to see some people are living in the 21st century! :rolleyes:

yeah i was surprised to see it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Pics of Sligo, Grange and Ballymote on my blog if anyone wants to see them.

Advertisement