Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSNBC reporter refuses to read out Paris Hilton story live on air

Options
  • 29-06-2007 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Hehe... great bit of American journalism here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAcU3HSMKPU

Basically the reporter / news reader refused to lead on the Paris Hilton story because, as she said, it wasn't news... Or at least, the top news item. I agree with her, and think her colleagues were being jerks about it - Since when should Paris Hilton being released from jail after drink driving be the top story? Except maybe to point out that she got off early...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Good on her ! Great to see someone finally throwing out that rubbish, its getting ridiculous at this stage !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

LOL!

Her colleagues are gas... "Another symbolic gesture... you're changing the world, Mika!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

she is a legend

i watched it last night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I admire her for sticking to her guns like that but will she still have a job in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

you better beleive it. garunteed a lot of people called/emailed in compliments/complaints

means people are watching :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I can only assume Mika Brzezinski was pissed off that the younger blonde was getting all the news time.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I have to say I agree with her actions, though think trying to burn the script on air was taking it a little too far. Her colleagues though seemed to be complete dicks?!

eo980 wrote:
    I have to say I agree with her actions, though think trying to burn the script on air was taking it a little too far.

First thing i thought of was, would it set off their sprinkler system?
    eo980 wrote:
    Her colleagues though seemed to be complete dicks?!

The two men were the ones who wanted to talk about that saddo Hilton. You would have thought it would be the other way around.

I think they were being at least a little post-modern ironic.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

what's this, Paris is back in after hours :p

at the story, well it seems as though the only thing MSNBC are actually gonna do, is milk this for all it's worth, so there goes much of the credibility out the window, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Fair play to her. Pity other journalists and news channels wouldn't give that stupid spoilt whore the same treatment and refuse to talk about her. The less publicity that c*nt (pardon my language but I really do hate her that much) gets, the better!

Though, having said that, we're now all back talking about her again. AH DAMMIT! :mad: Ya can't win, can you? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i hear she's apparently "found god"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Ah she may have got angry, but you'd still give her one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

stepbar wrote:
    Ah she may have got angry, but you'd still give her one ;)

If she was the only woman for 100 miles.

JIZZLORD wrote:
    i hear she'a apparently "found god"

Yep, He was her cellmate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ctc_celtic

JIZZLORD wrote:
    i hear she's apparently "found god"
    poor god

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

What a pair of pricks those two guys are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

The boys were just sh1t stirring and boy was she rising to the bait :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

mike65 wrote:
    I can only assume Mika Brzezinski was pissed off that the younger blonde was getting all the news time.

Mike.

Mike, much as I respect your opinions normally, I disagree with the above comment. I think she's just rightly pissed off about the amount of exposure this pointless person gets. I mean, the lead story? Come on. Fair enough, a "and finally" type story, but the main one? Fair play to Mika.

Of course she's right Dudess, I was joking (damned failings of the written word!), Paris Hilton is as complete a definition of a non-person as one can imagine apart from a typical BB inmate of course.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Oh silly me! As I said in an earlier post, the old irony detector is faulty. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Urge to love Americans...rising...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

She should have put the lighter to Joe Scarboroughs toupee. It causes more offense than the Paris Hilton story.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I refuse to talk about Paris Hilton in AH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Good on that newsreader for refusing to talk about Ms. Hilton. There is the E! channel for crap like that.
    conzymaher wrote:

Your refusal means nothing now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

conzymaher wrote:
    You just did.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Judt wrote:
    I agree with her, and think her colleagues were being jerks about it - Since when should Paris Hilton being released from jail after drink driving be the top story? Except maybe to point out that she got off early...
    A great way of showing solidarity with the reporter would have been to not to start yet another thread about that Hilton girl on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

i think thats the first time i have ver heard americans use sarcasm effectively...........

"awww shes shy" shes thinking "dont take pictures of me"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

DaveMcG wrote:
    LOL!

Her colleagues are gas... "Another symbolic gesture... you're changing the world, Mika!"
    Yeh, that was gas!
    When Mika reached for the lighter I figured she was on drugs though.

Brilliant stuff though!

• Advertisement

Has Mika still got a job!!!

Advertisement