Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holocast?

Options
  • 01-07-2007 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

The british government have recently agreed to remove the holocaust from it's curriculum because it upsets the muslim community who say it never happened.

Is this right or wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

First I've heard of that. Isnt it against the law to express the view that the Holocaust never happened in the U.K.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

Just got a mail about it from a friend in Isreal. Should have checked AP before posting here I guess but that stuff makes my blood boil.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

Does the OP have a source for this? I'd be very surprised if this is the case.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

thrill wrote:
    First I've heard of that. Isnt it against the law to express the view that the Holocaust never happened in the U.K.?
    Nope, but it is in a few other European countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

I cant imagine its true, it would have been all over the news.

Stormfront wont know where to look, is the government really Jew run so? :D

*waits for a conspiracy theorists "study" that reveals the royal family, the Bush family and 40 previous US presidents are actually descended from the prophet Mohammed*

Those laws against it are ludicrous tbh. How can you control an opinion, even if its wrong? Having said that I once read a list of 70 odd reasons it didnt happen. Its all very generic tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

By any chance, did this email resemble this one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Mary Hanafin is pushing to get the Irish famine removed from the curriculum because the Asian community simply don't believe it happened. Dan Li spokesman for the Irish Asian community is quoted as saying 'Why didn't the Paddy's eat rice?'

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

On a related note, St. James Hospital, Dublin had a Christmas crib every year.
    The Muslim nurses objected to this at Christmas 2005 and it was swiftly removed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

By any chance, did this email resemble this one?

Yep. Verbatim. Aren't I the proper Gobshite?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Clearly this is a Zionist conspiracy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭williambonney

micmclo wrote:
    On a related note, St. James Hospital, Dublin had a Christmas crib every year.
    The Muslim nurses objected to this at Christmas 2005 and it was swiftly removed

The Muslim nurses should have been swiftly removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Am I paranoid or, when an American "Christmassy" movie is made, Jesus doesn't get a look in. Santa Claus, Christmas trees, presents, but never a Jesus.

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Having said that I once read a list of 70 odd reasons it didnt happen. Its all very generic tbh

Any chance of posting it up if it's a link? 'Tis something I've never read up on, would be interesting to see the arguments.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,246 ✭✭✭✭Victor

micmclo wrote:
    On a related note, St. James Hospital, Dublin had a Christmas crib every year. The Muslim nurses objected to this at Christmas 2005 and it was swiftly removed
    So any back up for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

The what now?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Victor wrote:
    So any back up for that?

I can't see any mention of Muslim nurses complaining about that. From a bit of Googling................

http://www.emigrant.ie/article.asp?iCategoryID=177&iArticleID=51061

"For a few days we had a bit of a fuss over the removal of a crib from the reception area of St James' Hospital in Dublin. It was claimed in some sections of the media that management didn't want to offend non-Christians. I must admit that I was all set to write some comment about political correctness gone mad until I heard hospital management's explanation. Apparently the hospital has never had a crib in the foyer; the tradition has been to place it in the chapel. This year the crib was erected in the foyer but only for the duration of a carol service. Afterwards it was taken to the chapel as usual."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭oneeyedsnake

I am offened by muslim women wearing hijabs,is there any chance they will stop wearing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

i also think this should be illegal, i think its very intimidating when u cant even see a persons eyes, especially in shops and places like that

• Advertisement

Well you're not the only one

A magistrate is facing an inquiry after refusing to deal with a defendant wearing a full Muslim veil, the Judiciary of England and Wales has said.

Ian Murray walked out of the case at Manchester magistrates' court on Thursday because Zoobia Hussain, 32, of Crumpsall, was covered by a hijab. Hussain's lawyer, Judith Hawkins, said the young mother is "shocked and distressed" and found Mr Murray's treatment of her "insensitive and unacceptable".

snip..

A statement from the Judiciary of England and Wales said: "Mr Murray is concerned about questions of identity when the full veil is worn in court. However, he agrees that he acted unwisely in disqualifying himself without giving reasons, and acknowledges that he should have sought the advice of his legal advisor in court, and discussed the provisions of the national guidelines with his colleagues on the bench, before taking action.

I've also heard of several job interviews that have also been aborted because the interviewer was unable to see the applicants face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

according to the BNP the holocaust never happened
    http://www.bnp.org.uk

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

according to the BNP the holocaust never happened
    http://www.bnp.org.uk
    according to the BNP every man should have a gun, and ireland should rejoin the uk

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Exclude the Holocast? Let's see, didn't Orwell write about revisionist history in his book 1984? Not that the Brits resemble that... (B!ue dances in front of the cams when visiting London, humming the 1812 Overture from the film "V").

Advertisement