Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Irish Rail jobs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

I was talking about stress test on treadmill not ECG

Sorry took that up wrong, there is no requirement (legally) for the stress test at any age, carrying out the stress test is one of policy, I don't believe there is any age associated, rather it is based on an individual's circumstances and medical results.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Melanie1990

Doghouses wrote: »
    All Dublin anyone that got above a certain level. They seem in hurry get training started. 18th February first day in class

Can anyone actually back this up? Seems extremely farfetchéd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Can anyone actually back this up? Seems extremely farfetchéd

I wouldn't believe this.

Considering assessments are running into mid/late next week, getting interviews and also booking appointments with the CMO can be a bit difficult.

I would've said late March at fastest or best tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭mario84s

I would find Monday to Friday 9-5 very restrictive.

quick question for you, and again, if intruding or annoying tell me to get stuffed. if asked through to go training for 32 weeks, is there any discount travel tickets for the train/bus for those of us who live in commuter towns?
    TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Could be wrong but think all CIE get free travel on any service ran by company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Rootsblower

mario84s wrote: »
    quick question for you, and again, if intruding or annoying tell me to get stuffed. if asked through to go training for 32 weeks, is there any discount travel tickets for the train/bus for those of us who live in commuter towns?
    TIA

Current employees get a commuter pass for bus I believe if that’s what they use.When I trained I got what’s called a “bearer duty pass” to get to inchicore but that’s not yesterday or the day before.

The way I look at it is if you were going for a job in any other company you wouldn’t get free/subsidized bus/train tickets so why is it an issue with this job

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 66,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

Travel required to/from work and a limited number of travel warrants for the other services is what I'm aware of office-based employees getting recently. Drivers may get different

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

You are wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

The way I look at it is if you were going for a job in any other company you wouldn’t get free/subsidized bus/train tickets so why is it an issue with this job

If I worked in McDonalds I expect free burgers.

ESB guys get cheap electricity as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭mario84s

Current employees get a commuter pass for bus I believe if that’s what they use.When I trained I got what’s called a “bearer duty pass” to get to inchicore but that’s not yesterday or the day before.

what does the bearer duty pass mean? half price tickets? i don't expect to get anything free, i'm asking as an employee of the company, does it offer anything to it's staff regards to travel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Doghouses

Can’t wait to start the training.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Can’t wait to start the training.

I know what you mean, I can't wait to start driving trains

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ais123

Did the second part today, now it’s just a wait for the results. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Joepoe

Ais123 wrote: »
    Did the second part today, now it’s just a wait for the results. Fingers crossed.

I've mine on Tuesday,how did you find it?

mario84s wrote: »
    what does the bearer duty pass mean? half price tickets? i don't expect to get anything free, i'm asking as an employee of the company, does it offer anything to it's staff regards to travel

“Bearer duty pass” is a free train pass that entitles the “Bearer” to travel on the network unlimited times for free.

Employees get 20 free train passes per year for themselves. You also get a privilege identity card which allows reduced fares on IE, NIR,Stena Line, Irish Ferries and UK train operating companies

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ais123

Joepoe wrote: »
    I've mine on Tuesday,how did you find it?

I found the test parts quite easy and most of it was a repeat of the very first ones we did at home.

The parts you can’t study like the pq part were very specific so impossible to predict if I’m the type of person they do or don’t want.

Just a waiting game now. Honestly don’t worry they said not everyone got through last weeks tests so to get this far is an achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Best of luck blueband and just to add to your note on the personality trait.
    When i was with transdev(luas) they seemed to get the right fit of candidates who mixed very well,it was the first thing a former colleague said to me in our group when training.
    An ability to mix and operate successfully in a group or individual setting seemed to be what a lot of drivers had going for them.

Best of luck and keep us all posted.

Yeah and if some of the sh!te posted on this thread is anything to go by some folk here are in trouble.

Would be nice to saying this time next year, that I one of only 20 max women train drivers in country

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭blueband

Ais123 wrote: »
    I found the test parts quite easy and most of it was a repeat of the very first ones we did at home.

The parts you can’t study like the pq part were very specific so impossible to predict if I’m the type of person they do or don’t want.

Just a waiting game now. Honestly don’t worry they said not everyone got through last weeks tests so to get this far is an achievement.

Exactly. Well done for getting through it and hope you do well.
    I'm on next week, what will be will be, give it my best and see what happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Doghouses wrote:
    Would be nice to saying this time next year, that I one of only 20 max women train drivers in country

I know you're on a windup , but will you at least proof read your nonsense before you post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭It wasnt me

superg wrote: »
    Yeah and if some of the sh!te posted on this thread is anything to go by some folk here are in trouble.

Me?? Or certain others

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭blueband

Me?? Or certain others

I'd be pretty certain its not a comment about you

i Posted it , then looked at it again and seen my mistakes. My bad guys.
    Good luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Has any other thread posted on C+T every attracted more new sign-ups to Boards - just asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Has any other thread posted on C+T every attracted more new sign-ups to Boards - just asking?

I would imagine most of these reregs spent the last few years slagging off the company and drivers hence the anonymity:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

i Posted it , then looked at it again and seen my mistakes. My bad guys.
    Good luck everyone

You’re a jackass. People are trying to help each other out on here and you are posting absolute crap. Training starts on February 18th, why even make this up? Go play your xbox and stop chatting sh1t. Good lad

The tests we have taken so far are designed to pick the best candidates for the job. The aggression you are showing here could explain why you have yet to receive any response. Nobody has yet posted any indication of the questions or tests anyone might get next week.
    So I ask , to what extent are people trying to help each other? In fact chatting **** seems to be precisely what everyone else is doing lol

The tests we have taken so far are designed to pick the best candidates for the job. The aggression you are showing here could explain why you have yet to receive any response. Nobody has yet posted any indication of the questions or tests anyone might get next week.
    So I ask , to what extent are people trying to help each other? In fact chatting **** seems to be precisely what everyone else is doing lol

You’re the one making up dates and discouraging people from further attending. You need to find another thread to go chat sh*t on. For how you have behaved on this thread, if you are in the running for this job, I really hope you don’t succeed. You’ve contributed nothing to this thread but poop and then you try wash it down with “Good luck everyone”. Your full of it mate and a pure jackass.

First trainees planned for mid February one of the women said during first phase , that’s what she said. It may not go as they planned but no reason to be calling people names. I’m doing this for the women of Ireland and you are making me more determined

• Advertisement

First trainees planned for mid February one of the women said during first phase , that’s what she said. It may not go as they planned but no reason to be calling people names. I’m doing this for the women of Ireland and you are making me more determined

Yeah well the women of Ireland don’t want you on here discouraging others and making it an unfair process so I’m pretty sure your on your own.

Advertisement