Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SPD-SL Pedals needed, Dublin city or south side

• 10-01-2019 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a pair of pedals,
    Have shoes and cleats but really not sure how much cycling will I actually do on them (beginner cyclist) so don't want to spend too much on the pedals.

I'm based in Dublin city centre during weekdays and southside otherwise

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I've a fairly used and possibly rusted pair, and a pair of wellgo ones that are flat on one side, and have spd mechanism on the other. Can be used with runners too. Reflecters on them came off in a diesel related slow fall.

Not these exactly, but similar https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wellgo-95B-Clipless-MTB-Pedals/dp/B0011G0DUO

You can have both for 20 if you wish. Can try and get pictures of them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

they're SPD rather than SPD-SL though?

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Yes, yes they are. I'm completely asleep here. Sorry OP, please ignore my post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭Lewotsil

I have a pair from about 4 years ago that were hardly used......I would guess a handful of times (I switched to SPD as easier to walk on audaxes)......€20 for pedals and cleats.....cycle through city centre most mornings N2S

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'll take you up on that if the OP doesn't!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

i've a pair of r500 spd sl pedals some where if you are interested. Had them for a couple of weeks use only.

Based in Blackrock

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

actually i think its the R540 SPD-SL

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭tandcapply

Lewotsil wrote: »
    I have a pair from about 4 years ago that were hardly used......I would guess a handful of times (I switched to SPD as easier to walk on audaxes)......€20 for pedals and cleats.....cycle through city centre most mornings N2S

I'll PM you.
    @magicbastarder - help yourself to the SPDs :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

godtabh wrote: »
    actually i think its the R540 SPD-SL

How much do you want for the pedals godtabh?

nee wrote: »
    How much do you want for the pedals godtabh?

€20?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

godtabh wrote: »
    €20?

Cool.
    I'll pm you now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭Lewotsil

@magicbastarder ......tandcapply got sorted elsewhere so you can have pedals and cleats if you like .....PM with your phone no. so I can send pic beforehand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

If anyone else is looking for some SPD-SLs I have two pairs of silver PD-R540s in another thread - €10 each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭depadz

anyone still have a pair of spd-sl's they aren't using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭fat bloke

CSS had a good deal on carbon 105 spd-sl's yesterday, if they're still available. 75 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

depadz wrote: »
    anyone still have a pair of spd-sl's they aren't using?

I have a pair of 105 (5700) alloy SPD-SL pedals, They're well used but the bearings are smooth and the springs free and working perfectly. €25 posted with Parcel Motel, €27 with An Post. I'll get pictures of them later on this evening when I get home from work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Some pictures

Advertisement