Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTD: Garmin 500 screen

Options
  • 07-01-2019 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

Garmin: Looking for a busted garmin 500 or replacement screen if anyone has one. Rest of mine works perfect bar the cracked screen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭C3PO

Best thing is to send it off to Garmin for a reconditioned unit! I've done it ..... far too many times!!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭gmacww

C3PO wrote: »
    Best thing is to send it off to Garmin for a reconditioned unit! I've done it ..... far too many times!!

Didn’t even know that was an option. Only thing is given the price you can get a 520 unit for repair from garmin may be cost prohibitive. Thanks for the suggestion though I’ll look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I think it was about €70 when I sent mine back a few years ago. Turnaround time was very good though, less than a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Did you get sorted? I've an old 500 in a drawer you're welcome to.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭gmacww

Hey I didn't. I got a quote from garmin of €90 to fix it! I'd sooner buy a new 520 than pay that to repair it. If you have an old one knocking about I'd love to take that off your hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭C3PO

gmacww wrote:
    Hey I didn't. I got a quote from garmin of €90 to fix it!

Garmin won't fix it - they'll give you a new "reconditioned" unit! But given that you see 520's popping up at around the €160 mark these days I get your reluctance!

Advertisement