Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Canaria Off-Road

Options
  • 11-01-2019 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭

Well, so who's been to Gran Canaria?

The roadies love it, all the climbs and the coffee shops, skinny bikes and lycra..

However!

It's also covered in Goats trails, walking trails and some man made trails near Maspalomas!

The trails in the South are always dry and dusty, whereas the north it's usually around half the temperature of the south and with muddy trails more like home..

And with at least 3 companies running MTB tours you can rent a bike from Free-Motion and hit the trails...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I've always wanted to give mtb a go over that direction but I'd imagine I'd implode in the heat.

Majorca seems to be another good one with a good mix of terrain and not as dry/hot as the canaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I've always wanted to give mtb a go over that direction but I'd imagine I'd implode in the heat.

Majorca seems to be another good one with a good mix of terrain and not as dry/hot as the canaries.

Not in the Winter, temps are in the range of 11 to 17 in the North of GC, and 17-23c in the South, usually only get the higher temps at the coast.

Majorca is on my list too, there's an Enduro tours company doing great tours over there... though weather can be a lot less reliable than the Canaries..

Another one on my list is the Island of Madeira, great work being done on the trails, they had there own Enduro world champs too, only snag is having to get 2 flights over and back...

Advertisement