Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sticks it to six.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Going on Thursday - first year I don't have to man a stand at it so the wife and kids are coming too. It's her first time and i can't say i'm looking forward to nipping the heels off folk with a double buggy and trying to keep the young fella off the tractors.
    I think he's got a worse heavy metal disease than Reggie!!:eek:

My parents used to have a harness they attached to me for those occasions so I couldn't get to faraway! Thursday would be a better day to go but I'd rather a bit of a dry day! I'd say it has to be the guts of ten years since I went!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,619 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Going on Thursday - first year I don't have to man a stand at it so the wife and kids are coming too. It's her first time and i can't say i'm looking forward to nipping the heels off folk with a double buggy and trying to keep the young fella off the tractors.
    I think he's got a worse heavy metal disease than Reggie!!:eek:

If there's one thing worse than a buggy at an agricultural show... its a double buggy, condolances :(

Some very witty responses to this Rural related thread over in AH :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

_Brian wrote: »

Ah in fairness a good wake of a venerable old person that's lived out their life well is better than a wedding in the country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

If there's one thing worse than a buggy at an agricultural show... its a double buggy, condolances :(
    brought buggy to the ploughing about 6 years ago, never again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Army bomb robot examines suspect ‘flower pot’ outside Dublin barracks
    http://jrnl.ie/2097852

Reggie been taking up gardening? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

ganmo wrote: »

Now if you had a post driver on that robot, it would be the doggies danglies!

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Now if you had a post driver on that robot, it would be the doggies danglies!
    if there's a window on that robot i hope its not open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭the_blue_oval

brings a whole new meaning to the phrase to "plant" a bomb :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

The shell suit and flashing runners :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

For some unknown reason the name of Cathal O'Shannon (formerly of R.T.E and Irish Times) came into my mind. Two memories of him I have are
    1. An interview with Muhammad Ali
    2. Interviewing a near 100 year old lady from, I think, the Aran Islands. He compliments her by saying "you have reached this great age with good health and without ever being bedridden". "Oh I indeed I have", she tells him, "several times - and once in a canoe" :D
    Don't known if it screened but remember him telling the story anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭davidk1394

IH784man wrote: »
    It's not so bad once you get at it

Not too bad noe. But its sheep wire we're putting up. Not as simple as the normal strands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,482 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

davidk1394 wrote: »
    The thoughts of going fencing now !

At it myself. Not quite the experience I was planning on as the sensitive area if the trousers has ripped wide open on me and the wind insists on blowing around like a vortex in that spot :rolleyes: fecking freezing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

The cool air is good for the fertility Reggie :D

Was working with Dad myself, must be the day for fencing everywhere. He's not the best at hammering though so he was quickly removed from hammering duties and was demoted to crowbar status.

I got excused from fencing. Got a phone call off a neighbour to cut out a small bit of silage. I took my time so i wouldn't be going fencing for the evening. Im now enjoying a mug of tea in the kitchen

• Advertisement

I got excused from fencing. Got a phone call off a neighbour to cut out a small bit of silage. I took my time so i wouldn't be going fencing for the evening. Im now enjoying a mug of tea in the kitchen

Great plan. You'll have to go fence in the rain now sometime

Haha crap i never thought of that :'-)

Kovu wrote: »
    The cool air is good for the fertility Reggie :D

Was working with Dad myself, must be the day for fencing everywhere. He's not the best at hammering though so he was quickly removed from hammering duties and was demoted to crowbar status.

That may be true but I'm proven sire so far. No more proof needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

Reggie. wrote: »
    That may be true but I'm proven sire so far. No more proof needed

Ah Reggie anyone can get lucky once.

You need to have multiples to prove pedigree and reliabliity:D:D

dzer2 wrote: »

In different environments ;)

• Advertisement

ye must have had good weather compared to here?

dzer2 wrote: »

Just cos you didn't have the sense to stop. Your not supposed to wait till its like pushing a wet rope ya know ;)

In different environments ;)

You keep your freakish exploits to yourself ya pup :)

Vet was telling me he can't even get a bit of peace when he goes back home for tea....

He had to put down two of his mothers cows in the herd test :pac:

Vet was telling me he can't even get a bit of peace when he goes back home for tea....

He had to put down two of his mothers cows in the herd test :pac:

Seems to be alot of reactors this year

Seems to be alot of reactors this year

It's unbelievable round here this year. One man had only five or six cows and ALL went down! :eek:

It's unbelievable round here this year. One man had only five or six cows and ALL went down! :eek:

It was like that round here for years.. folks round us got a real battering, we lost a few at one stage.. Then one neighbor stopped dealing in cattle and it quickly cleared up.. My dad used to say he was building up herds of auld screws and then making them go down - I'm not sure if thats even possible. But there would be dead cows in his fields all the time, more than one wouldn't have been unusual..
    But since he stopped dealing its been good round here..

It was like that round here for years.. folks round us got a real battering, we lost a few at one stage.. Then one neighbor stopped dealing in cattle and it quickly cleared up.. My dad used to say he was building up herds of auld screws and then making them go down - I'm not sure if thats even possible. But there would be dead cows in his fields all the time, more than one wouldn't have been unusual..
    But since he stopped dealing its been good round here..

Bloke a few miles from here was done for injecting cattle with slurry so it is done. We've a fair idea of why it arrived in the area but what can ye do, no use pointing fingers.

whelan2 wrote: »
    ye must have had good weather compared to here?

It was sunny here yesterday and today. Saw a few balers moving out. Better get our 1 ready aswell

It was sunny here yesterday and today. Saw a few balers moving out. Better get our 1 ready aswell

Oh she's about to start......can ya smell the grass yet?????? GREEN FEVER :D

• Advertisement

Things are not good here . The wife is after putting on Big Brother and I'm on tablets so can't go for porter ! The farmers journal isn't worth reading either .

Oh she's about to start......can ya smell the grass yet?????? GREEN FEVER :D

Get this chemistry exam done Thursday. Then its out the gap. im expecting to pick the new purchase that evening :-) ooh the excitement to start burning diesel and long nights :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭visatorro

Bullocks wrote: »
    Things are not good here . The wife is after putting on Big Brother and I'm on tablets so can't go for porter ! The farmers journal isn't worth reading either .

same here. thought that ****e was finished. I could have gone for a pint, a friend rang me earlier on. I said no ill stay and help mammy with babies . just got giving out to . cant feckin win!!

The finale of gold rush is on

Get this chemistry exam done Thursday. Then its out the gap. im expecting to pick the new purchase that evening :-) ooh the excitement to start burning diesel and long nights :P

Still waiting on a delivery here too...Bloody dealers

Still waiting on a delivery here too...Bloody dealers

I thought he was referring to the evenings festivities after finishing exams

I thought he was referring to the evenings festivities after finishing exams

Mmmm thought he meant a machine myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Reggie. wrote:

Any my god was it boring!!!!!

She fell asleep so I'm watching that now

• Advertisement

KatW4 wrote: »
    Any my god was it boring!!!!!

Only started. Watch it tomorrow

She fell asleep so I'm watching that now

2 hr special. Do ya watch the dirt?

2 hr special. Do ya watch the dirt?

There's only an hour I think . I don't usually watch the dirt but I might take a look at the last one .
    I wonder have they much profit at all when everything is paid out ?

Reggie. wrote:
    Only started. Watch it tomorrow

Enjoy. It's pretty much exactly what happened the last few months except at the end of the season. Of course then there is a cliffhanger...

There's only an hour I think . I don't usually watch the dirt but I might take a look at the last one .
    I wonder have they much profit at all when everything is paid out ?

Must have split it in two episodes

Bullocks wrote:
    There's only an hour I think . I don't usually watch the dirt but I might take a look at the last one . I wonder have they much profit at all when everything is paid out ?

I presume they do, considering Parker is talking about buying a claim and he's only about 22 or so. I'd say those machines cost a fair bit to run.

• Advertisement

I presume they do, considering Parker is talking about buying a claim and he's only about 22 or so. I'd say those machines cost a fair bit to run.

5000 in diesel a day I think it was said once

That's what I mean , the costs must be massive .I think Parker got the start off grandpa Parker

That's what I mean , the costs must be massive .I think Parker got the start off grandpa Parker

Yeah got 100 ounces I think at the start

Reggie. wrote:
    5000 in diesel a day I think it was said once

Litres or dollars?

Bullocks wrote:

Yeah that's true. You'd definitely need some big money to start into that buisness!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement