Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sticks it to six.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

its a gang i have subbed into my uncle. anout 3k of my gear in it.

Fcuking sh1ts try Clara or athy markets at the weekend.People that buy there are worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

16 Fridays till Christmas...... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

FRO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,819 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Fantastic:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Beer and pasta for breakfast. I could get used of this!

• Advertisement

Kovu wrote: »

Mmmm you wagon

I said wrote: »
    Mmmm you wagon

I've been called worse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Some types of pasta give me chronic heartburn - its a pity cos I like Italian food:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Very true but the sad thing is many more die in even worse ways :( I do however feel the widespread publication of the photo is in poor taste. Sure it tugs at the heart strings and hammers home the reality of the plight these people are going through but at what point do these sort of stories become almost propaganda like? I strongly believe in the merits of taking in refugee's but the distribution of these refugees needs to be proportional to the host countries size, wealth and above all involvement in middle eastern conflict. Why has there been practically no mention of the U.S taking refugees they had (and still have) the biggest part to play in the destabilization of Syria and Libya for better or for worse it still remains to be seen but it was mainly U.S arms wielded by rebels which overthrew the two respective dictatorships. The refugees should thus be distributed accordingly U.S first followed by U.K, Germany, france etc. and then towards the end Ireland and the other small less military active Eu states. Also this criticism of Hungary by other world leaders is a bit rich as I'm quite sure if Germany was located more to the east in the direct path of the refugees they too would be throwing up razor wire to beat the band.

Its not that I disagree with you - but I dont think we can say "well, we will step up, after the US, UK...." that's not much good to the people that dying right now...
    Its a bit like saying "well, the US, UK... started it"

:(

I dont know the answer myself, but I just dont think we should hide behind them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

I said wrote: »
    Fcuking sh1ts try Clara or athy markets at the weekend.People that buy there are worse

im working in the uk mate.

• Advertisement

im working in the uk mate.

My mistake thought you were in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

College started already?:eek:

was invited to breakfast in local pub for 10am, got my work done and was there as 10 news came on, the others who are not working were all late wtf do they be at???????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Its not that I disagree with you - but I dont think we can say "well, we will step up, after the US, UK...." that's not much good to the people that dying right now...
    Its a bit like saying "well, the US, UK... started it"

:(

I dont know the answer myself, but I just dont think we should hide behind them.

I know it's a harsh way to view things but facts are facts the U.S did indeed start it and sort of guilt tripped the rest of the "allies" into following suit, now we all know the dictatorships that ruled Libya and Syria were no eutopian government but in my opinion they were better off left in charge than backing leaderless rebels who in some instances have very strong Isis connections. Ireland has and will continue to have a good record in foreign aid and hosting refugees proportionate to our size (a 4 million population is a drop in the ocean) however it's naive to think we can make a telling difference without the bigger and more military involved countries making the first humanitarian move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,617 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Very true but the sad thing is many more die in even worse ways :( I do however feel the widespread publication of the photo is in poor taste. Sure it tugs at the heart strings and hammers home the reality of the plight these people are going through but at what point do these sort of stories become almost propaganda like? I strongly believe in the merits of taking in refugee's but the distribution of these refugees needs to be proportional to the host countries size, wealth and above all involvement in middle eastern conflict. Why has there been practically no mention of the U.S taking refugees they had (and still have) the biggest part to play in the destabilization of Syria and Libya for better or for worse it still remains to be seen but it was mainly U.S arms wielded by rebels which overthrew the two respective dictatorships. The refugees should thus be distributed accordingly U.S first followed by U.K, Germany, france etc. and then towards the end Ireland and the other small less military active Eu states. Also this criticism of Hungary by other world leaders is a bit rich as I'm quite sure if Germany was located more to the east in the direct path of the refugees they too would be throwing up razor wire to beat the band.

I think we should do what WE can, never mind what others are doing. This isn't a quota thing where we're dealing with inanimate objects where there is no impact if we just take 600/1000/5000 , every family that's not taken into somewhere is a family left in the wilderness of human society uncared for.

If for a second anyone thinks that by not taking in these people, that somehow we will have no homelessness, no HSE issues, and some sort if Irish utopia - this is completely fooling yourself !

This poped up on facebook, thought I'd add it in..
    11923222_10153299740534064_139959908134786061_n.jpg?oh=98a078b99e3e54dc3794f52b194c244d&oe=56613D98

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭selectamatic

I don't really think for a second anyone here is actually advocating for Ireland not to take refugees that's just down right heartless. What I do want to see however is the countries who actively partake in middle eastern revolutions and conflict take the lions share as let's face it they are big enough and wealthy enough to deal with a greater number of refugees but above all they have more of a moral obligation to them.
    Also while the pic above has a solid moral base lets not compare two inherently different scenarios, to imply that our Irish ancestors were welcomed with open arms to America and other countries does them a great disservice they were treated in general like animals and were set to work in the lowest of the low conditions building railways etc. it was very much a case of working from the bottom up, and they were treated as such (no blacks, no dogs and no Irish) :( America at the time was and I suppose still is a country built on immigration so that picture really is comparing two fundamentally different scenarios.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

If numbers of Syrian refugees are housed here, it will certainly cause a moral dilemma regarding the people currently kept in camps like Mosney. The Government will have to resolve their status immediately.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    If numbers of Syrian refugees are housed here, it will certainly cause a moral dilemma regarding the people currently kept in camps like Mosney. The Government will have to resolve their status immediately.
    not to mention the homeless crisis here, my friend works in a refuge here, she said the amount of families turning up looking for somewhere to stay is frightening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Nekarsulm wrote: »

the problem with them in mosney is the number of appeals theyre allowed here

but I agree, there is a difference between refugees and migrants, the news agents are just starting to call them refugees

Had a suckler cow calve this morning. She was scanned with twins. She had 1 calf and she's sitting down back chewing. Would ye bother handling her to see if there's another? She's out in the field

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

whelan2 wrote: »
    Had a suckler cow calve this morning. She was scanned with twins. She had 1 calf and she's sitting down back chewing. Would ye bother handling her to see if there's another? She's out in the field

I probably would if it was easy put her in , how good is your scanner ?

Definitely. Twins here usually come an hour apart.

COME ON MAYO

COME ON MAYO

Did she have twins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Did she have twins?

That's what I was thinking and don't mind Mayo !

Did she have twins?
    NO BUT ONE OF MY DAIRY COWS DID- sorry about the caps:rolleyes:

NO BUT ONE OF MY DAIRY COWS DID- sorry about the caps:rolleyes:

Tell your scanner to go to specsavers :p

COME ON MAYO

That's the nail in the coffin

ganmo wrote: »
    That's the nail in the coffin
    yup only had it written and oh shook the foundations of the house with a shout after the dubs got a goal

• Advertisement

yup only had it written and oh shook the foundations of the house with a shout after the dubs got a goal

Only got the second half but looked like it was a better game than last week

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement