Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

News & Events

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Unfornately I won't make it, but i'll make sure to make the Sydney open day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

I wouldn't mind going to that too if someone would pay for my trip!!!:D I'll be heading up from Mayo to the CIAT event on the 23rd if anybody along the way needs a lift!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

No6 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind going to that too if someone would pay for my trip!!!
    +1 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

I wouldn't mind going to that too if someone would pay for my trip!!!:D I'll be heading up from Mayo to the CIAT event on the 23rd if anybody along the way needs a lift!!

Is that along the way with or without detours?:D

I'd need to leave a week early to pick muffler up!! what way do you go to Dublin from Donegal!!!

• Advertisement

I'd need to leave a week early to pick muffler up!! what way do you go to Dublin from Donegal!!!
    Dont know. Never was sober enough to recall :pac:

Theres also a meet the president in Northern ireland the night before with a fire engineering CPD. Theres no pop record workshop though. Its a little bit closer for you muffler!!!:D I'd say its open to all but do check if you are interested.

http://www.ciat.org.uk/en/news_and_events/events.cfm/fg8

Theres also a meet the president in Northern ireland the night before with a fire engineering CPD. Theres no pop record workshop though. Its a little bit closer for you muffler!!!:D I'd say its open to all but do check if you are interested.

http://www.ciat.org.uk/en/news_and_events/events.cfm/fg8
    Its a fair distance away from me but I shall see what way the wind blows coming nearer the time :)

Hope to see and meet some of yee tomorrow in Citywest.

I'll be there!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,995 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

unfortunately i cannot make it :(

Thanks to everyone who attended, it was a very good evening!!:D

and a late one for some of us.

I was home just after 2am!! Not too bad since we didn't stop talking till 11.30!!:D

I was home just after 2am!! Not too bad since we didn't stop talking till 11.30!!:D

I arrived home 30 min head of you.
    We really need to get the business end of things finished earlier, so we can get home at least on the same day as we set out :D

Feck it we really need the econmy to recover so we can afford to stay the night after these things and go to the pub and get rightly hammered!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭beyondpassive

1. Springboard Postgraduate Certificate in Digital Analysis & Energy Retrofit leading to Masters. http://www.bluebrick.ie/Springboard/Postgraduate-Certificate-in-Digital-Analysis--Retrofit/Engineering-Manufacturing-and-Construction/Architecture-and-building/Building-and-civil-engineering/ViewItem.aspx?ItemTypeID=2&ItemID=775

2. Part time BSc(Hons)
    ATTENTION all RIAI Architectural Technologists and architectural technicians / technologists with RIAI-accredited Diploma in Architectural Technology qualifications.

Do you wish to obtain a Level 8 Honours Degree in your discipline?

Are you working but in a position to study part time?

Applications are currently being sought for the 2010-2012 cycle of the DT175b BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology with Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) which will commence on Thursday 22 September 2011.

For an RPL programme summary: DT175b BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology RPL summary document.

For an application form: DT175b - Application Form 2011-2012 .

Applications will be accepted until Thursday 1 September 2011.

An information event for applicants will be held in DIT Bolton Street on Monday 5 September.

Interviews for shortlisted prospective candidates will be held in the week commencing 5 September 2011.

The programme will commence on Thursday 22 September 2011 (subject to resources).

The RPL programme is a Level 8 BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology degree which operates on a 1 year part time basis. It has been designed to enable graduates of the RIAI-accredited Diploma in Architectural Technology programmes to achieve our Level 8 graduate technologist learning outcomes through a modified year of part time study which is centred on a structured reflection on learning achieved through architectural technology practice.

Moved to announcements thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

A chance for construction workers to upskill here

Deatils here

Sustainable building and Passivhaus social and networking event, friday 19th of August, hope to see some of you there.
    [IMG][/img]BBQ_Invite_19_Aug.jpg
    http://www.easca.ie/images/stories/BBQ_Invite_19_Aug.jpg

EASCA are celebrating World Green Building Week (WGBW) from Sept 19 - 23. It is marked annually by Green Building Councils around the world during the third week in September with events and activities to draw attention to the importance of creating greener, healthier, more sustainable buildings and communities.

Please review the events and email info at igbc dot ie to rsvp. Places for the lunches are free but limited.

This year, the Irish Green Building Council is planning 3 days of events which run from 19-21 Sept (Mon, Tues, Wed) at the Dublin Architecture Space (darc space gallery) on North Great George’s Street in Dublin. In addition we invite you to participate in the other Green Building themed events organised by other bodies. There is at least one event happening each day. Most events are open to non members with a number restricted to members only and invited guests. We have arranged discounts for IGBC members participating in events organised by other bodies as part of our policy of encouraging cross disciplinary sharing of information. The events include:

Lunchtime talk hosted by Ecocem on Carbon Footprinting on Monday 19th September – Free, includes lunch

Lunchtime talk hosted by EASCA on FRESH F7 European Project, on Tuesday 20th September – Free, includes lunch

Lunchtime talk hosted by Scott Tallon Walker Architects on 21st September. – Free, includes lunch

An evening networking event on 20 Sept for members of GBC and invited guests at 5pm

IPFMA annual Conference. IGBC members discount available.

IIEA 2nd annual Retrofit Conference - Bringing retrofit to market. IGBC members discount available.

CIBSE Webinar- Passive House Myth or Reality - 22nd September

Meeting of European Networks of Green Building Councils in Brussels with

European parliament MEPs and commission officials - 22nd September

For more information on each of these events click on the links above.

Some very interest events planned in Tipperary as part of the SERVE Programme over the comming months

Conference

Workshops

Seminars

Won't be able to attend as many as I like, as most on Fridays and I will be spending Fridays in DIT studying for a PG Cert DAER

From here
    With the popularity of the Passivhaus standard and the arrival in December of the more onerous Part L 2011 regulations, Ultra low energy building has finally gone mainstream. Building solutions which focus on a 'fabric first approach' result in minimised energy demand, but; we ask this month, does it result in a simpler and cheaper heating and hot water system. The answer seems to be No. This open group discussion, will explore the varios options for heating a low energy, A1 or Passivhaus build or renovation will be hosted by expert mechanical engineers, plumbers and passivhaus architects, who will each promote the merits of a particular heating solution. We will use the case study of a detached new build built to 'Near Passive' (SSHD18kWh/m2.a, HL 12kW/m2) with a boiler sized as 8kW for space heat and hot water for the coldest day of January 2011 and discuss the following solutions.
    60 to 80 tube Vacuum tube solar, 1000L Thermal store, 15kW condensing gas/LPG boiler, underfloor downstairs towel rails upstairs distribution. optional solid fuel stove with back boiler, power showers. MHRV
    10kW Air to water Inverter airpump, 350l cylinder, 400l buffer tank, underfloor distribution. MHRV
    Compact air scource Heat pump with in-line duct heater batteries and supplimentary bag fed pellet stove.
    Interseasonal Storage, utilising stored summer solar storage in water, masonery or PCM stores.
    Passivhaus with Solar panels, electric immersion and plug in electric heater.
    The discussion is open to the public

See you there :)

PartL2011_1.jpg

You'll need to resize that image beyondpassive. Thanks.

Edit/ image resized to fit page.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

for any one interested in retro-fitting Energy Action will hold a two-day Fuel Poverty Conference in Dublin Castle on 6th-7th Feb 2012.
    http://energyaction.ie/doc/Energy_Action_Fuel_Poverty_Conference_2012.pdf

and tonight in cork : Sustainable Refurbishment of Heritage Buildings Date: 31st January 2011
    Time: 6.30pm
    Venue: Rochestown Park Hotel, Cork
    Admission: Free. All Welcome
    speaker: Dr Colm Cryan
    http://www.engineersireland.ie/community/regions/cork/

• Advertisement

Craig White Architect and 'ecopreneur' will speak at our Lunchtime seminar at 1pm tomorrow wednesday 29th February. He will speak on the challenges for the construction industry of building ultra low energy low impact houses. This is a free event and all are welcome. The event is being hosted at The Greenhouse on Andrew St Dublin 2.

Advertisement