Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancun Mexico

Options
  • 27-04-2019 8:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any idea how I would get the prices of Rolex or Tudor In Mexico/Cancun.

Im going out the end of May for 10 days. Flying out from Heathrow an OP 36mm minus 17% due to flying out of the EU would cost about €3900 over €1000 cheaper then here in Ireland.

My other option is the Tudor Black Bay 36 minus 17% €1900 So on Irish prices the a Tudor is €800.

What's the situation in Mexico? Would it work out cheaper or more expensive?

If I done the same thing but from the others side? What's the tax refund you'd get over there and what prices are them watches over there?

I'm finding it hard to get in pricing in Mexico.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Is there an AD in Cancun for big brands?
    It’s a long time since I was there but apart from the hotels strip the town itself is pretty small and basic. The airport was small too, getting a sandwich was hard!
    Might have all changed now...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,413 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

2shea wrote:
    I'm finding it hard to get in pricing in Mexico.

I think you need to Google stockists in Mexico and start ringing/emailing them directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Homer

Is there an AD in Cancun for big brands?
    It’s a long time since I was there but apart from the hotels strip the town itself is pretty small and basic. The airport was small too, getting a sandwich was hard!
    Might have all changed now...

Only a couple of years since I was there but still the same, airport just has the basics and Cancun is full of small touristy knick knack shops, but that I saw nothing by way of a decent jewellers!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,413 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Homer wrote:
    Only a couple of years since I was there but still the same, airport just has the basics and Cancun is full of small touristy knick knack shops, but that I saw nothing by way of a decent jewellers!

First result on Google is an official Rolex stockist in the town centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

Dial Hard wrote: »

Yes ultrawatch are the ADs for Tudor and Rolex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Homer

Dial Hard wrote: »

I obviously had one too many tequilas when I was there so :D

Homer wrote: »
    I obviously had one too many tequilas when I was there so :D

Dangerous mix Tequila and a Rolex dealership. Think it's near my hotel too. I could be in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

I was in Cancun in Janurary and Ultrajewels is in the large mall. I had a browse and they had an Explorer and Explorer II on sale as well as the other easy to get models. I didn't ask the sales person what they had in the back. They had a good selection of Omegas as well. The Tag AD is a couple of shops down from Ultrajewels in the same mall.

Not sure of the discount but from buying other stuff it was large when compared to Europe. The Airport had a small Omega and Tag desk with a decent discount.

oxocube wrote: »
    I was in Cancun in Janurary and Ultrajewels is in the large mall. I had a browse and they had an Explorer and Explorer II on sale as well as the other easy to get models. I didn't ask the sales person what they had in the back. They had a good selection of Omegas as well. The Tag AD is a couple of shops down from Ultrajewels in the same mall.

Not sure of the discount but from buying other stuff it was large when compared to Europe. The Airport had a small Omega and Tag desk with a decent discount.

Is the Explorer 1 easy to get? Think they are getting a bit harder lately.

Advertisement