Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Massive movie posters

Options
  • 07-04-2019 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Got a load of these from the local cinema, was wondering if they are actually worth anything
    lots of Star Wars, a few Deadpool 2 and Assassins Creed
    They're 8x5foot
    28gqszk.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Got a load of these from the local cinema, was wondering if they are actually worth anything
    lots of Star Wars, a few Deadpool 2 and Assassins Creed
    They're 8x5foot
    28gqszk.jpg

Unlikely that dead pool would be worth anything.

Star Wars is worth holding onto for a while (20 years or so). You should see them worth something then.

Right now they’re probably worth about €20 to a fan, in the future, maybe €200 to a collector.

Assassins creed *might* be worth something in time.

Are they reverse printed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

The Star Wars brand is failing fast in the states. The brand has lost a lot of weight. Luckily for Disney both Disney and Marvel are preforming well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Someone is selling a poster that looks a lot like that one for €8 on ebay:
    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/STAR-WARS-EPISODE-VII-THE-FORCE-AWAKENS-FIN-POSTER-Licensed-Authentic22x34/311521383815

The previous posts indicate to me that maybe timing matters, maybe hanging onto them and keeping an eye on the market for good opportunities to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SocialWarfare

OU812 wrote: »
    Unlikely that dead pool would be worth anything.

Star Wars is worth holding onto for a while (20 years or so). You should see them worth something then.

Right now they’re probably worth about €20 to a fan, in the future, maybe €200 to a collector.

Assassins creed *might* be worth something in time.

Are they reverse printed?
    Some are reverse printed, think there are around 15 in total
    The seem to be a plastic too not paper if that helps the value at all :)

Slydice wrote: »
    Someone is selling a poster that looks a lot like that one for €8 on ebay:
    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/STAR-WARS-EPISODE-VII-THE-FORCE-AWAKENS-FIN-POSTER-Licensed-Authentic22x34/311521383815

The previous posts indicate to me that maybe timing matters, maybe hanging onto them and keeping an eye on the market for good opportunities to sell.
    Yeah but mine are 60x96inches, those are 22x34 :)

• Advertisement

Any jarjar binks ones?

Any jarjar binks ones?
    Dont think so, I'll check again in the morning though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Dont think so, I'll check again in the morning though

Think that might have been star wars humour.

Think that might have been star wars humour.

Oh, might get some hate but I've never seen any of them lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

They are worthless right now. It's the type of thing that carefully wrap & put in your attic for 20 years. Some might be worth something then. You have to remember that every cinema in the world will have several copies (maybe a dozen or more) of each one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Some are reverse printed, think there are around 15 in total
    The seem to be a plastic too not paper if that helps the value at all :)

Don’t think plastic v paper would make any difference.

If you have a complete set of character posters because it’s TFA they’ll probably appreciate in value.

Advertisement