Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

American Sekiro

Options
  • 19-03-2019 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I just ordered the collectors edition from ebay USA.

Will the game play OK on an Irish ps4 console?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭TinCanMan

sticker wrote: »
    Hi.

I just ordered the collectors edition from ebay USA.

Will the game play OK on an Irish ps4 console?

Thanks

It should do, but if you ever want to buy some DLC you'll have to buy from the US Playstation store I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

TinCanMan wrote: »
    It should do, but if you ever want to buy some DLC you'll have to buy from the US Playstation store I believe.

I just called UK PS4 support and they tell me it probaly wont work...

I would definately want to play DLC too - But Ive an Irish account.

They stinker is this collectors edition is not available any more - I paid $150 for it. The question now is to let it arrive and get all the goodies and then buy the game again in Smyths!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I had to google this because I buy stuff in the EU but

Technically, the PS4 isn't a region-locked device. That said, Sony recommends your discs and consoles be from the same region for the best performance. Additionally, when you create a PSN Online ID, it is generally tied to the region of your PlayStation 4 console

People buy games all over the world. There's some legal issue behind the dlc being region locked.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

sticker wrote: »
    I just called UK PS4 support and they tell me it probaly wont work...

I would definately want to play DLC too - But Ive an Irish account.

They stinker is this collectors edition is not available any more - I paid $150 for it. The question now is to let it arrive and get all the goodies and then buy the game again in Smyths!

Thanks!

UK support are talking out of their arse. When it comes to these issues where they haven't a clue, it's better to say it won't work than say it will and have the customer come back at you saying you said differently.

It will work perfectly. You might have to buy DLC from the US store but the game will work fine. Consoles now are region free unlike a few years ago.

It's very easy to set up a US account. Use a fake address, Oregon is best as they've no sales tax. Then buy PSN credit codes online. Anything you download from US store will work on your Irish account if they are on the same system.

Only reason Sony doesn't want you buying from other countries is because you avoid being over charged in regions like Europe (and Japan lately). Means less money for them.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    UK support are talking out of their arse. When it comes to these issues where they haven't a clue, it's better to say it won't work than say it will and have the customer come back at you saying you said differently.

It will work perfectly. You might have to buy DLC from the US store but the game will work fine. Consoles now are region free unlike a few years ago.

It's very easy to set up a US account. Use a fake address, Oregon is best as they've no sales tax. Then buy PSN credit codes online. Anything you download from US store will work on your Irish account if they are on the same system.

Only reason Sony doesn't want you buying from other countries is because you avoid being over charged in regions like Europe (and Japan lately). Means less money for them.

Thought as much - Thanks. I'm gonna let the US Collectors Edition arrive...

Its sold out on most places with eBay chariging over the odds as usual...

• Advertisement

Any ideas where I could flog my USA steelbook of Sekiro?!

Advertisement