Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Fat version any use ?

Options
  • 03-03-2019 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭

I just upgraded to a PRO and my old full fat PS4 is working as long as you dont need to use a disc. It spits the disc out immediately. I have done the usual fixes and turned the hidden screw clockwise many times but it still does it. Is there anywhere or anyone that will take the machine off me, even for parts ? Not sellable in its current condition and I dont want to just throw it in a bin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Damien360 wrote: »
    I just upgraded to a PRO and my old full fat PS4 is working as long as you dont need to use a disc. It spits the disc out immediately. I have done the usual fixes and turned the hidden screw clockwise many times but it still does it. Is there anywhere or anyone that will take the machine off me, even for parts ? Not sellable in its current condition and I dont want to just throw it in a bin.
    You can still use it for sky go and Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Hey are you looking to give it away or sell it for parts? If your going to bin it I'd take it off you for parts. We're abouts are you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭Damien360

Hey are you looking to give it away or sell it for parts? If your going to bin it I'd take it off you for parts. We're abouts are you.

Another boardsie asked via PM the same question. Giving it away. He asked first and has "Dibbs". Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

No bother that's fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Nice give away, if any of the dibs fall through let me know. I have mainly digital games so don't need the disk drive at all. Could do with one in the kids room.

Hopefully it gets used and doesn't end up on adverts like most do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Id sell it OP. As long as the buyer knows exactly what the issues are i dont see a problem.

If your just happy to give it away,fair enough,but i still think you would get a few bob for it. Enough to maybe buy a new game for your pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 cjragoo

EoinHef wrote: »
    Id sell it OP. As long as the buyer knows exactly what the issues are i dont see a problem.

If your just happy to give it away,fair enough,but i still think you would get a few bob for it. Enough to maybe buy a new game for your pro.

This. 50-60 seems like a fair price

• Registered Users Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭Damien360

EoinHef wrote: »

I gave it away to another boards person. With a controller, power cable and charge cable. I couldn't be arsed with DoneDeal or Adverts. I would have thrown it in the bin otherwise. Hopefully they get some use out of it. I took out my 2Tb and put back in 500Gb. It wouldn't load new FW but the guy said he had a spare drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Damien360 wrote: »
    I gave it away to another boards person. With a controller, power cable and charge cable. I couldn't be arsed with DoneDeal or Adverts. I would have thrown it in the bin otherwise. Hopefully they get some use out of it. I took out my 2Tb and put back in 500Gb. It wouldn't load new FW but the guy said he had a spare drive.

Cool,very genrous of you. Personally dont mind adverts so i would have flogged it there.

Advertisement