Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

I guess it's because girls look so feminine in them and summer
    generally cheers people up.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Have come out in a full body rash :( It's either from new bath products, or dips from a pizza place I ordered from last night for the first time :p But serious dose of itching!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

miss5 wrote: »
    I guess it's because girls look so feminine in them and summer
    generally cheers people up.

Yeah probably. I think it's also cos people like wearing Summery clothes. You can always tell when a girl in a Summery dress feels nice about her dress. It radiates! :)
    Twee. wrote: »
    Have come out in a full body rash :( It's either from new bath products, or dips from a pizza place I ordered from last night for the first time :p But serious dose of itching!

Yuuuuuuuck, that happened to me once because of a new soap and it was so itchy... I can't use that brand now but I can never remember what brand it was and hence, constantly have to ask my mom. Haha. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

What bath products did you use?! Hope you're feeling better soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Ahhh summer dresses.
    [Wanters off to a happy place] :)
    I've not been in Miss Selfridges in years. I only tend to see the shops that Mrs.Goat likes (or that the Kidletts occasionally drag me into). next time I pass I'll pay more attention to the window displays.

Speaking of window displays, walked past Arnotts on saturday and in the window they have a few manniquns (sp?) wearing ballet tutu's. Mrs. Goat almost tore the arm outta my socket as she rocketed inside to get one (or one of each colour) only to be told that they are display only. The bloke inside said he could have shifted 50 units that morning alone judging by the enquiries he's been getting.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

It was some Irish spa brand. I'd had such a gorgeous bath with exfoliator and bubble and all the trimmings! But of course I wake up like this. It's gone down a bit this morning, and to quote my mam "at least it's not on your face"! Have to sit a 2 hour exam though. Man!

I know I'm fond of shoes (wimmins shoes - on wimmins) but there is sublime and there is Bwahahahahahahahahahaha

media_httpwwwtrendhuntercomimagesphpthumbnails515501468jpeg_fiDeibnBGEgfApl.jpeg.scaled500.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=1C9REJR1EMRZ83Q7QRG2&Expires=1272284415&Signature=flKHzqVSpeVL%2FFEzJhti5%2FiQTyU%3D

I never realised guys liked summer dresses so much

Good to know :D

Arnoots often display clothing that is not on sale usually to compliment the
    top etc :rolleyes:

It was some Irish spa brand. I'd had such a gorgeous bath with exfoliator and bubble and all the trimmings! But of course I wake up like this. It's gone down a bit this morning, and to quote my mam "at least it's not on your face"! Have to sit a 2 hour exam though. Man!
    Good luck with your exam twee. Hope you feel better soon that
    happens to me everytime I use certain shampoo's.

Ah loads of shop put things in their window displays that aren't on sale, bit silly! I used to work in River Island and I remember once in the window there were these pretty amazing head pieces and masks. It was Hallowe'en time and the amount of people who wanted to buy them and we'd have to say, "Eh, they're not on sale...". "SO WHY ARE THEY IN THE WINDOW THEN?!", "I don't know :(". People can get verrrry angry!

• Advertisement

Window displays in charity shops used to really annoy me. They would always manage to find some piece that was wonderful and when you make an offer on it they 'Don't sell the pieces in the window'. I've since learnt to ask them when do they change the window display.

<-<
    >->
    though a lot of my regular haunts will put pieces aside for me. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

OldGoat wrote: »
    Window displays in charity shops used to really annoy me. They would always manage to find some piece that was wonderful and when you make an offer on it they 'Don't sell the pieces in the window'. I've since learnt to ask them when do they change the window display.

<-<
    >->
    though a lot of my regular haunts will put pieces aside for me. :D

Haha, very good! :)

My reaction has gone! Exams are still here though, but trying not to let them bother me :p Damn exams getting in the way of me having a good time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

My reaction has gone! Exams are still here though, but trying not to let them bother me :p Damn exams getting in the way of me having a good time!

I've only 1 exam in 3 weeks but I can't wait for it to be over and for it to be the summer even though all I'll be doing is working, I'm sick of academic stuff for now!! More hours in work=more money to spend on clothes :pac:

I have just started wearing over the knee socks with dresses and skirts.
    I quite like the look once it's done properly.
    Any opinions?

I think it's a cute look! I'm thinking of getting a pair, but I'm not sure how they'll look. Not the biggest fan of my legs!

I wore some black over the knee socks with a short dress and heels.
    Guys seem to like them anyway lol
    I think you should try it Twee I bet they would look great.

I like over the knee socks, but I'm not brave enough to actually wear them anywhere other than around the house! :( I do really like the look though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Novella wrote: »
    I like over the knee socks, but I'm not brave enough to actually wear them anywhere other than around the house! :( I do really like the look though!

Me too, hate my legs

akamossy wrote: »
    Me too, hate my legs

I do honestly have chunky legs, so I don't wanna draw anymore attention to them than I have to! :pac:

• Advertisement

I guess my legs would be my best asset which is why I'm pretty comfortable
    with the look, Must say I really like the look, It can transform the look of an outfit
    with the right accessories.

Okay so I'm going to the Trinity Nursing ball on Friday. Wtf do I wear?! Full length, not full length?! :confused:

I know a lot of girls wear knee length cocktail dresses to college balls
    but I think full length is lovely got a gorgeous blue karen millen dress
    for a college ball and it was perfect. Which do you prefer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I have just started wearing over the knee socks with dresses and skirts.
    I quite like the look once it's done properly.
    Any opinions?

Me too! I think it looks cute wearing it with heels and a cute short dress.:o

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    Me too! I think it looks cute wearing it with heels and a cute short dress.:o
    Just saw fearne Cotton does some great ones in the latest purchases thread,
    It's a really nice look.

I know a lot of girls wear knee length cocktail dresses to college balls
    but I think full length is lovely got a gorgeous blue karen millen dress
    for a college ball and it was perfect. Which do you prefer?

Ooh, full length! Any excuse to get majorly dressed up really :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Just saw fearne Cotton does some great ones in the latest purchases thread,
    It's a really nice look.

Yeah I posted that, I got them online on littlewoods really love her style. Maybe when my funds are in order I will splash out on one of her gorgeous dresses. :D

Oh cool thanks for posting that love those , going to order them tomorrow.

A friend of mine has been doing some modeling for an outlet in Kinsale. For those of you with a taste for vintage it's too good a site for me not to mention. Just wanted people to know that my only interest in the outlet is through Susan (one of the photo models).
    Anyday, disclaimers aside... Charlotte And Jane. I couldn't wait for a suitable thread to come up so I'm posting the link here. :o

• Advertisement

A friend of mine has been doing some modeling for an outlet in Kinsale. For those of you with a taste for vintage it's too good a site for me not to mention. Just wanted people to know that my only interest in the outlet is through Susan (one of the photo models).
    Anyday, disclaimers aside... Charlotte And Jane. I couldn't wait for a suitable thread to come up so I'm posting the link here. :o

Ooooh, some of the stuff on that website is gorgeous <3

I know. I'm dreading Mrs.Goat looking there. Problem is that Susn keeps posting her photos on Facebook for one and all to see. I sense a credit card meltdown (again).:(

I'd love to buy a dress, or a bag... But no! If I pick another parcel up from the post office any time soon, they're gonna know I have a serious addiction! :pac: I promised myself there'd be no online shopping this week, not even Tesco. (Yesterday doesn't count 'cause it was a bank holiday!)

Love that site, Thanks old goat.

Sense another unnecessary shopping spree lol

Haha, I tried to promise myself no new clothes this month BUT we need to get new season uniform in work so I actually HAVE to shop :p

That site has some lovely pieces on it! Was it mentioned in the Times magazine on Saturday, I think. Got excited when I saw they used tweed...

Does anyone know how long they take to deliver?

• Advertisement

That was Susan on the cover of the Times magazine. :)

Eek just contributed to the Latest Purchases thread. I needed to test this Asos-Laser card thing ;)

Knee socks are WIN.

I'm gonna give them a shot! Probably with pale patterned tights under, just for a bit of cover.

Eek just contributed to the Latest Purchases thread. I needed to test this Asos-Laser card thing ;)

Yeah, I had to test it out as well! :o:)

• Advertisement

+1 must add to the latest purchases thread too.

Really good review for Charlotte and Jane, great brand, never heard of them before.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/magazine/2010/0501/1224269198785.html

Does anyone else find it difficult to find day dresses?

I usually find some in miss selfridges, mango and urban outfitters.
    Any other suggestions?

Spent the night surfing and searching for a candystripe blazer - circa 1930-1950 for a man of my larger frame. Fupping nightmare. The majority of 'Vintage' sites believe that the 80's is where vintage starts, as has been remarked before, the era of mass production and the absence of quality tailoring.
    I really need a couple of weeks on a European tour of markets and second hand stores. F&A Road Trip anyone? Just a weekend in London would probably do me right now.

Spent the night surfing and searching for a candystripe blazer - circa 1930-1950 for a man of my larger frame. Fupping nightmare. The majority of 'Vintage' sites believe that the 80's is where vintage starts, as has been remarked before, the era of mass production and the absence of quality tailoring.
    I really need a couple of weeks on a European tour of markets and second hand stores. F&A Road Trip anyone? Just a weekend in London would probably do me right now.

I'm going to London in two weeks :P:)

Bitc...I mean thats brilliant! :D

Camden market, brick lane, carnaby street, saville row...so many destinations, so little time. I'll start writing up my shopping list for you. Shouldn't be more then 3 or 4 extra suitcases trunks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Oh no, did i have to look at this thread and see that lovely site?? I have to save my monies for living in London! Can't wait to go shooing over there, I'll most def stay tuned to this forum too to finally begin to post purchases after two years of an embargo!!

EDIT: Make sure to forward that list to me :)!

Bitc...I mean thats brilliant! :D

Camden market, brick lane, carnaby street, saville row...so many destinations, so little time. I'll start writing up my shopping list for you. Shouldn't be more then 3 or 4 extra suitcases trunks.

Yes, yes, feel free to send me that list... along with your credit card! :)

Ooh! You lucky thing! I'm trying to plan a 5 days or so away with the girls. London and Paris seem to be the forerunners at the moment. I vote Paris! I've never been there to really soak it up.

Ooh! You lucky thing! I'm trying to plan a 5 days or so away with the girls. London and Paris seem to be the forerunners at the moment. I vote Paris! I've never been there to really soak it up.

I'd love to go to Paris actually. There's an amazing hostel, http://www.oops-paris.com/ so if I get to go there this summer, that's where I wanna stay! :)

Fashion nights out. Could this be a venue for a F&A Beers- cocktails- BEERS?
    :rolleyes:
    Hello all,

Just dropping you a line about the new Style Nation club night that starts from 7 this Thursday in Dakota Bar on South William Street
    We'd love to see you there, we're really excited about bringing the Style Nation brand to life!

:

Summer is here and so is The Beauty Spot!

A new night of Fashion, Beauty, Shopping and Drinks in association with Style Nation and sponsored by Smirnoff launches this Thursday!

No Cover Charge!

Dakota Bar is teaming up with Ireland’s top online Fashion and Beauty Show ‘Style Nation’ to bring some fun, fashion and frolics to going out on Thursday Nights.

Featuring at the Beauty Spot will be regular beauty tips and advice given by Top Make Up Artists, Hair Stylists, alongside our 'Pop Up Shop' hosting vintage & contemporary fashion and accessories. And of course there will be delicious cocktails from only €5 and many more drink offers at the bar.

Our weekly Beauty Bar will have a different theme and treatments every week, kicking off with Nails on the 14th. Think eye popping colour and insider tips to make nails last even longer.

Your Host for the evening, "Beautify" (Style Nation's own beauty show) presenter and MAC Make Up Artist, Edel Kirke will be on hand to make sure you get your beauty fix and more importantly have lots of fun.

She'll be assisted by new kid on the block and DJ, Conor Behan who will play an upbeat mix of pop, disco, R&B, kitsch and retro favourites, all gauranteed to put you in a good mood.

Drinks, Fashion & Frolics: expect it all at The Beauty Spot and Get Set for the Weekend in Style.

Table bookings are available on hello@dakotabar.ie. See www.dakotabar.ie for more information.

Style Nation Ireland's fashion channel, will be there to film for upcoming episodes too so who knows who you might spot?

From 7pm get your fill of fashion fun, fresh cocktails and top pop tunes in Dakota, this Thursday and every Thursday for the rest of the Summer

Check out www.stylenation.ie for more info on The Beauty Spot and keep an eye on our twitter pages at www.twitter.com/stylenationshow and www.twitter.com/beautyspotlive

• Advertisement
Advertisement