Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag Strap Keeps Breaking

Options
  • 06-06-2019 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    This might not possibly the right forum but someone may have had a similar experience. I bought a tag watch with a rubber strap in a well known Jeweller chain. The keepers on the strap broke after about 6 months.

The shop sent the watch back to tag - this took 6 weeks and they put the exact same strap/keepers on again. I told them that the same thing would happen again. Sure enough another 6 months and the keepers broke again. This time it was sent back to tag and took 3 months and I had no watch again telling them that it would break again.

Same thing has happened again, if I bring it back all they will do is send back and put on same strap and Ill be without the watch for a few months.

I would have thought Id have better recourse than this for a relatively expensive watch. Tag have refused to put on a steel bracelet.

Do I have any other options or consumer rights with the shop?

Thanks

Comments

I'm afraid you have accurately predicted the outcome if you keep going back with it Seanino. They're never going to just give you the bracelet for it. I appreciate that you objectively have a legitimate complaint regarding the quality of the strap/keepers but it won't get you anywhere. You are entitled to recourse - a replacement item meets that right. You're not entitled to have the rubber strap replaced with a more expensive alternative in the form of the bracelet.

Someone may come along and start mentioning things like the small claims court/sale of goods act/ fit for purpose/your contract is with the shop. All I'll say is that this kind of talk is all very well but it'll be your time and energy taken up in pursuing it and I predict you will get nowhere.

OmegaGene's suggestion to just use substitutes is exactly what I would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭seanino

Fair enough - Ill have a look on eBay. Are the keepers difficult to get on or is this something I can do myself?
    Thanks,
    Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

seanino wrote: »
    I thought it was a great gig. We got the marathon bus down and some bus back. I thought the gig went pretty smooth. I started listening to Metallica when I was teenager 25+ years ago but I mostly listen to other stuff not much metal so have not been too much metal gigs.

Would have preferred more classics/old stuff from the first albums as a few people have already said. didn't mind whiskey or wild rover. The sound was perfect where I was - we did move around a bit - but I tend to always do this at gigs to try and find the optimum spot usually not too far from front in the middle. In this case that was right behind the mosh pit in main area.

I'm guessing the moshing was fairly tame by metal gig standards? I got involved a few times - good craic. Not sure why people would be surprised at that though - its exactly what you'd expect at a metal gig and taking a video of it is as someone posted already is a bit sad. Way too many people watching gigs through their phones now. I forgot how tiring moshing can be :)

My only gripe is the toilets and getting a pint is a nightmare in the general area. Did GC for guns n roses and its worth it alone for the proximity to bar/toilets.

Slane is hard work though - not sure Id be back unless it was someone I really wanted to see - camping sounds like the way to go.

Id love to see metallica somewhere like the 3

Stop headbanging to heavy metal and your keepers might last a bit longer!

I generally find TAG to be easy to deal with but they can be slow on the service side!

Haha my bad - wrong forum

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I bought a dozen from China for a fiver and they are easy enough to do, get a spring bar tool to pop off the strap while you’re at it

Ill look into that too - I think though this is a design flaw - are all the rubber tag strap rubbish? pity as I like them. all the marketing is about the testing and the watches being indestructible but the strap disintegrates after 6 months of normal use!

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I have owned loads of tags over the years and one tag strap here from the 80’s and it’s perfect, all depends how it’s used l

Generally I never take it off - I think it actually gets worn getting open and closed

Advertisement