Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    When Leno does **** like that I really do miss Emi

Or Jens. Because you'd at least know it'll probably be a few months before he does something else stupid. And he'd be going for every ball like a bull afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Tierney, Gabriel and Aubamayang.

They are the only players on the pitch I would give even the tiniest f*ck about if they were sold.

The rest of them, if I never saw them again, never mind care, I probably wouldn't even notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,288 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

A group of mainly mercenaries disguised as Arsenal in that first half.

If this doesn’t improve then there’ll be calls for action regarding the direction we’re going.

And as for the argument that we've sacrificed our attack to improve our defence, anything that has a negative effect on one of the best strikers the club is a bad thing, simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Hopefully Jiminez is alright that looked serious. Never heard 2 heads clash like that before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

It’s only 1-2 we’re still well in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Not much fun watching arsenal these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭DenMan

Huge improvement needed for the second half. I still think we can turn this around and win. COYG

And as for the argument that we've sacrificed our attack to improve our defence, anything that has a negative effect on one of the best strikers the club is a bad thing, simple as.

It's a fallacy that our defence has improved. I don't think it has at all. I'd love to see stats on how many shots/chances we're allowing.

I wouldn't mind us losing 2-1 to Wolves at half time in the Wenger days, because at least we had the potential to bang in 3 goals in the second half. Right now, it just doesn't feel like we'll create a couple of chances, let alone score a couple to win.

I'd love to be proved wrong, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I think questions will start to be asked of Arteta very soon if this continues

The team has no redeeming qualities whatsoever at the moment. Literally none

Basil3 wrote: »
    It's a fallacy that our defence has improved. I don't think it has at all. I'd love to see stats on how many shots/chances we're allowing.

I wouldn't mind us losing 2-1 to Wolves at half time in the Wenger days, because at least we had the potential to bang in 3 goals in the second half. Right now, it just doesn't feel like we'll create a couple of chances, let alone score a couple to win.

I'd love to be proved wrong, though.

Even in the worst of the Wenger days, I never ever went in to a home game against someone like Wolves not expecting to win. I didn't (and don't) think we'll win this.

Meanwhile, can I just say Sunday evening is a bollocks time for a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Even in the worst of the Wenger days, I never ever went in to a home game against someone like Wolves not expecting to win. I didn't (and don't) think we'll win this.

Meanwhile, can I just say Sunday evening is a bollocks time for a match.

Wenger was crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭Azatadine

In Emerys first season, we barely missed out on fourth (due to some bad decisions on his part). Artetas first year has been worse. Also, he's made us unwatchable. We are totally unwatchable. Auba is a shadow of himself. Dour, boring, brittle, just awful.

I think Arteta needs to go. A risky experiment thats failed. Failed quite badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

Its only 2 - 1 so we're still in with a chance albeit a slim one.
    I say this with all seriousness, i don't think I've ever been as disheartened as i am right now about the club. In the 25 or so years that i remember supporting Arsenal I don't ever remember a time that we were so aimless. Obviously, the older fans will remember leaner times but we are sinking to being a bang average middle of the table team and its hard to stomach.
    There was a time when if we were 2 -1 dow at HT then you knew we had it in us to turn it around. Not anymore

El Sueño wrote: »
    I think questions will start to be asked of Arteta very soon if this continues

The team has no redeeming qualities whatsoever at the moment. Literally none

We are exactly like watching the Republic of Ireland right now and either one of Gabriel or David Luiz is our Shane Duffy. A tactical straight jacket. Dire straits. Our top striker not even seeing the ball. You could make the counter-argument we are missing Martinelli, Partey, and one or two others but it is genuinely worrying times for this football club.

• Advertisement

2 1 down at HT with Arsene generally meant we dominated the half, their goalie was having a worldie or we'd missed some sitters before being caught on the break or from a set piece. you'd always believe we could turn it round. Those days seem a long time ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Azatadine wrote: »
    In Emerys first season, we barely missed out on fourth (due to some bad decisions on his part). Artetas first year has been worse. Also, he's made us unwatchable. We are totally unwatchable. Auba is a shadow of himself. Dour, boring, brittle, just awful.

I think Arteta needs to go. A risky experiment thats failed. Failed quite badly.

So your praising emery now and I bet this time last year you was slagging him off?

Wenger was crap.

Wenger presided over the rot first day. If he had the humility to walk earlier, we might have been a better appeal to a top coach. Even Nuno Espirito Santo wouldnt entertain taking the job last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

You'd think that after the disgraceful performance against Villa in the last home game the players would be well up for this one from the start

They weren't and that's on the manager in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

Saka is atrocious in front of goal every time

• Advertisement

Wenger was crap.

Riiiight.

Where would we be without Gabriel?

So your praising emery now and I bet this time last year you was slagging him off?

No, not praising Emery. Just saying I dont think we are any better now.

Gabriel showing some guts there. Not too many like him.
    Awful from Saka in front of goal awhile ago.

Wenger was crap.

Clueless comment!

The decision making from every player in the 18 is brutal... like every single player

Auba should take this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

Wenger was crap.

Id ask if you were 12 but a 12-year-old would know better than to say something so daft

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

We should get Ramsey and Wilshere back for old times sake

Too easy for Wolves this.

• Advertisement

We should get Ramsey and Wilshere back for old times sake

I think Ramsey was the last midfield player to actually score for the club.

Probably.

Too easy for Wolves this.

We are absolutely characterless. Arteta looked like he had us moving towards a plan but it’s all just gone to pot and we offer nothing

We hit a bad patch and he’s gone trying to change it with Willock, Nelson and Saka just like Emery tried.

It’s desperation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Wilshere wasn’t deemed good enough for West Ham so he’s about our level now

:pac:

In a serious note, I actually think we should just sign him up and see what he can do. Ceballos has been AWOL since the start of the season, don't know what happened to him.

13 points after 10 games with a GD of -2......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭patrickc

Our corner taking is brilliant as ever ðŸ™

Wolves up 52-48 possession, 11-6 goal attempts, 5-2 on target. Christ lads it's bad.

Christ its dreadful to watch. Holding officially good for nothing. Cant even head a ball.

Christ its dreadful to watch. Holding officially good for nothing. Cant even head a ball.

Championship player at best.

:pac:

In a serious note, I actually think we should just sign him up and see what he can do. Ceballos has been AWOL since the start of the season, don't know what happened to him.

Seriously he ticks all the boxes. Id have him on a pay as you play no problem. We are at a creative dead end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,494 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

This is some fûckin stink football.

Auba fell over
    I almost forget he was on the pitch

You could say that about most of them.

Bellerin cannot defend.

If only we had one of the best creative players at our club, I don’t know maybe a German lad

He is alot of the problem at the club. A poisonous parasitic individual.

Arsenal stat - 2 dribbles from the entire team lol

From the mouth probably

Arsenal stat - 2 dribbles from the entire team lol

Minus 2? Must have been Willian. :pac:

• Advertisement

Auba a pale shadow

greendom wrote: »
    Auba a pale shadow

Sh1te since his new deal and in semi-retirement mode.

New deal and in semi-retirement mode.

I think its down to Arteta. Not sure what he's instilled in the team exactly but I know its a bad thing. Too many of them like that now.

Arteta is in real trouble now. Real trouble

Sign of the times when Wolves even have a better bench than Arsenal.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement