Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2023/24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,074 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Home shirt looks like a pyjama top my lad would have had, away shirt is a fabric option in an Peugeot 106 Man City Special Edition swatch and the 3rd shirt, if it's the red and blue thing, is Palace cosplay. Nike are fcukin hopeless.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Alonso and Rudiger dropped with mistakes cause of the winner helping with that you'd imagine

Barkley still playing despite doing fcuk all against West Ham, I'd much rather see a dynamic RLC or Jorginho who can control the game from deep at least and pass a ball, he's fallen out of favour altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Comfortable 2-0 at half time. I think Willian really needs to be kept, still a class player and really need his experience next season. I know many don’t agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Johner wrote: »
    Comfortable 2-0 at half time. I think Willian really needs to be kept, still a class player and really need his experience next season. I know many don’t agree.

I always thought willian was decent enough. Why is there a dislike to him by ye?

AidoEirE wrote: »
    I always thought willian was decent enough. Why is there a dislike to him by ye?

Personally I’ve always loved Willian but I guess people will point to his stats not being that great. I think he brings more though. With the squad and team being so young I think it would be vital to have someone like him for the next few years but it looks like he will leave. I think he’d still add to any squad in the world.

AidoEirE wrote: »

A fan from outside will see the good half a dozen appearances on Match of the Day and think he's top class

Not near consistent enough. On his day top class, trouble is it's only on his day. There's two dozen players in the PL like him

He's been very good since the return, that's undeniable. I can see the calls for him to be kept next season.

32 in August, however his days are numbered in any case, and I don't think he'd be a good rotation or squad player next season should he really go off the boil. He's rarely been a good sub to bring on, always has a pout and doesn't try half as much as when starting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Johner wrote: »
    Personally I’ve always loved Willian but I guess people will point to his stats not being that great. I think he brings more though. With the squad and team being so young I think it would be vital to have someone like him for the next few years but it looks like he will leave. I think he’d still add to any squad in the world.

I could see inter going in for him or has there been any rumours where he would end up? but yeah i'd agree with you Johner, with Zyiech coming in next season it wouldnt hurt to have that expierence with willian as a bit part player.

Ye've done some brilliant buisness in Zyiech and Werner.

Edit: Pulisic looks very good as well. Could be a dangerous front 3 for ye next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

Good result and more importantly a good response to the last game.

Good result and a really good performance, not a bad performance out there

• Advertisement

Jorginho surely has to be a goner. Gilmour starting over him in a crunch game isnt a good sign for him

Jammy win. Nearly need a whole new back 4 you’d think. Christensen is absolutely awful, don’t know how anyone rates him. Soft as ****e.

Made that way way tougher than it needed to be. Very shaky once teams get at us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Jorginho surely has to be a goner. Gilmour starting over him in a crunch game isnt a good sign for him

Was going to reply good riddance before the game but I cant believe we would have come away with 3 points without him.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Was going to reply good riddance before the game but I cant believe we would have come away with 3 points without him.

Yep he came in good in the end

It just looks like we're now going a direction that means he doesn't fit in, the 3 man midfield looks to be more along the lines of 1 holding and 2 more attacking guys, as opposed to the Sarri esque built around Jorginho of 1 deep lying playmaker and 2 box to box mids

Next season could look something like
    Holding - Kante/Gilmour
    2 Attacking - Mount/Barkley/Kovacic/RLC

And that's before a potential Havertz

Gives us many different options depending on the opponent

Leicester are really bottling this run in!

Killinator wrote: »
    Leicester are really bottling this run in!

Real pity we didnt get the 3 points against West Ham and we'd have some daylight now

Most of our remaining games are all tough in their own way

Sheffield United away - Need a strong finish to get Europa
    Norwich home - Hopefully relegated but if not they'll be fighting for their lives
    Liverpool away - Who knows, if the points record is still in reach then they;ll be tough
    Wolves - Could still be in the top 4 fight, maybe top 5 fight if City's ban is held up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Real pity we didnt get the 3 points against West Ham and we'd have some daylight now

Most of our remaining games are all tough in their own way

Sheffield United away - Need a strong finish to get Europa
    Norwich home - Hopefully relegated but if not they'll be fighting for their lives
    Liverpool away - Who knows, if the points record is still in reach then they;ll be tough
    Wolves - Could still be in the top 4 fight, maybe top 5 fight if City's ban is held up

We're so jekyll and hyde at the moment we could take 3 points or 10 from those and I wouldn't be shocked.

• Advertisement

This is how I see the remaining fixtures going,

Sheffield United - draw
    Norwich - win
    Liverpool - loss
    Wolves - win

67pts

United’s

Aston Villa - win
    Southampton - win
    Palace - draw
    West Ham - win
    Leicester - draw

66pts

Leicester’s

Bournemouth - win
    Sheffield United - win
    Tottenham - loss
    Man United - draw

66pts

I think with United playing Leicester on the last day we should be in the top 4 but as pointed out nothing would surprise me with our defence. Going down to the wire anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I would see something similar but I wouldn't fancy needing the win against wolves on the last day at all. We need the win against Sheffield I think. Also reckon united would beat Leicester on the last day which would leave us good enough in 4th with a bit of luck.

Young Billy Gilmour out for 3 or 4 months following a knee operation.
    That's a big blow for him after the effort he's put in to break through

Horrible 30 mins so far

Christ, this is so typical!

• Advertisement

Monday morning is when we’ll know what happens Citys appeal and if 5th gets CL football, might be our only hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

The price of defenders chelsea want will increase after this showing. With 5 subs be good to change 2 at the back for half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭kalych

Front 2 now. TBH we look more likely to concede rather than score so far. Let's hope it changes now.

The answer is no...

They need centre backs who can defend and Lampard needs a coach alongside him with more experience to coach them. This is just sh*t, and it's been happening all season.

• Advertisement

Play a back 6 next game and we only need to score 2 to win. Really need a leader at the back and new captain to get the team going.
    Better start some defence training and really wonder what team shows up each game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭bullpost

They need centre backs who can defend and Lampard needs a coach alongside him with more experience to coach them. This is just sh*t, and it's been happening all season.

Might not be a bad thing to lose out on Champions league next season. Lampard not ready for it and could get the sack if this continues into next season. A season just concentrating on the domestic trophies and getting more experience building a team might be better for him long term and mean he has a future with Chelsea.

bullpost wrote: »
    Might not be a bad thing to lose out on Champions league next season. Lampard not ready for it and could get the sack if this continues into next season. A season just concentrating on the domestic trophies and getting more experience building a team might be better for him long term and mean he has a future with Chelsea.

We’d have the Europa League headache though, which wouldnt really be a benefit to us, apart from the fact our large looking squad might handle it better than a lot have

Id never think it better to lose out, you want to play at the top all the time or whats the point. Would cause a 60m drop in finances and a 60m boost to whoever pips us, so a net affect of 120m

Id rather see us get more experience of the big European nights since thats where we want to be soon, beating Frankfurt and Sevilla in the Europa League isnt going to help a lot any more

Result went for us tonight but unless defence is better next few games may not make a difference. But good we didn't fall behind

Result went for us tonight but unless defence is better next few games may not make a difference. But good we didn't fall behind

When Solanke is getting in on the action, their defense must be as bad as ours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭peter4918

I know it could have, should have, would have etc but Chelsea need to be beating West Ham & Sheffield Utd any day of the week. Would be nicely sitting 7 points ahead of Leicester now.

When Solanke is getting in on the action, their defense must be as bad as ours

Yes we also gave a striker his first goals in Premier league. Hopefully 5 back for next game to be more solid or Kante back

Need top 4 now as city are not banned. Should get it and would be a good season

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Leicester have Sheffield United and Man United at home and Spurs away - they will do well to win 2 of those games but Spurs could roll over and die as a sort of payback for a few years ago.

We should beat Norwich (though I would take nothing for granted) I fear we will have our backsides handed to us by Liverpool so it may be a very nervous game V Wolves on the final day. At least lets hope it is in our hands as I think United will have qualified by then with Saints, West Ham and Palace being their next three games they will win at least two of them and maybe all three.

Its good Leicester have lost form gives us a chance.

• Advertisement

I guess we can count ourselves lucky. Thank the Saints...

Norwich with one of the worst away scoring records, ever, already relegated. What could possib-lie go wrong........

Someone is scoring 3, hopefully it's Chelsea's turn this week.

CL football is the most important thing for the rest of the season

But we get 2 more days rest than United before the FA Cup semi final, hopefully we can get the job done then as well as getting the CL football

Hopefully Rudiger and Alonso can put in a good showing since they were both dropped after West Ham

If we can't beat Norwich handily then we don't deserve CL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Thank fcuk for Giroud.

Barr wrote: »
    Thank fcuk for Giroud.

Under valued at start of season. Poor bats will be gone as I admit that I wanted him to do well but not up to it. Just win 1 or draw 2 and get top 4 with united playing Leicester last game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭RichT

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Under valued at start of season. Poor bats will be gone as I admit that I wanted him to do well but not up to it. Just win 1 or draw 2 and get top 4 with united playing Leicester last game.

We need 4 points from last 2 games to guarantee Top Four.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

RichT wrote: »
    We need 4 points from last 2 games to guarantee Top Four.

After that performance that's not something I'd be very confident of.

• Advertisement

A win is a win at this stage , pressure on the others for a few days

Advertisement