Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Our keeper very poor for at least 2 goals, otherwise we would at least have drew. (or drawn)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Hitchens wrote: »
    Our keeper very poor for at least 2 goals, otherwise we would at least have drew. (or drawn)

Him and Fernandinho had real off days. So many stray passes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

Turtwig wrote: »
    Him and Fernandinho had real off days. So many stray passes.

This day was coming..... we dodged a few bullets recently and just had to have a bad day at office soon!!!

No big deal.... 4-3 a lot better thqn 4-1

And not let's get greedy at the top!! 12 points clear is till impressive!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Hearing there is another twist in the Sanchez story. Wish for it to be over one way or the other now.

If they match Uniteds offer, he’s a blue.

Don’t count City out just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

This craic of giving Sanchez a mad wage annoys me, i wouldn't give it to him if it means potential unrest in the dressing room.. theres a few of the lads due contract upgrades due to performances etc so if bringing Sanchez will undermine all that then id pass on him

Im not sure hes what the team needs but if by some chance he ends up signing with us then ill shout him on of course

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Just another slant on the saga now as the media try to sway it as if he was going to United just for money: https://twitter.com/Doc_Joshi/status/952818223795331072

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Harsh.

The clearance the only one you can blame him on and given the way he plays its going to happen a couple of times a season but saves us far more.

I put no fault at the him for the first goal.

I thought liverpool deserved the win, nothing more nothing less we move on and let them have there moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

gstack166 wrote: »
    Hearing there is another twist in the Sanchez story. Wish for it to be over one way or the other now.

If they match Uniteds offer, he’s a blue.

Don’t count City out just yet.

I mean wouldn't he stand to make even more money by waiting for the summer and getting that massive signing on fee with city? 30m apparently.

So surely that's city, at the very least, matching Man Utd's offer. Even better as it's money up front.

Had to remind a mouthy pool fan today that in the reverse fixture the score was 5 - 0 in City's favour (the big red face on him) :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

POKERKING wrote: »
    Harsh.

The clearance the only one you can blame him on and given the way he plays its going to happen a couple of times a season but saves us far more.

I put no fault at the him for the first goal.

I thought liverpool deserved the win, nothing more nothing less we move on and let them have there moment.

I think that 9 times out of ten that clearance wouldn't even have been punished. Just unfortunate that it went straight to a man on top form at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Had to remind a mouthy pool fan today that in the reverse fixture the score was 5 - 0 in City's favour (the big red face on him) :P
    Yeah, they were back to their usual gobby selves at work today. Hardly a peep out of 'em all season until this last few days. It's like we were their cup final. I suppose it's a (sort of) compliment.

https://twitter.com/Notamendi30/status/953638406877335553

Excellent news, and well deserved. He's been transformed from the "accident waiting to happen" last season. He's learned to stay on his feet now, not to go lunging in.

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/954292399873851392

Excellent news. A vital member of the side. Good to get him and the general tied down this week. A nice little pick me up after the disappointment of Anfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

blueser wrote: »

Excellent news. A vital member of the side. Good to get him and the general tied down this week. A nice little pick me up after the disappointment of Anfield.

Great news, gives us more time to groom a long term replacement such as Fred (as rumoured). Just wish we could get a LB and striker in though...

Great news, gives us more time to groom a long term replacement such as Fred (as rumoured). Just wish we could get a LB and striker in though...
    Well; in theory, we do have 4 LBs at the club (Mendy, Delph, Danilo and Zinchenko). We're just unlucky that the two better ones are both injured at the moment. We do need another striker though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,565 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Well; in theory, we do have 4 LBs at the club (Mendy, Delph, Danilo and Zinchenko). We're just unlucky that the two better ones are both injured at the moment. We do need another striker though.

Danilo is a RB and Delph and Zinchenko are midfielders though so it’s really not 4 LB..

astradave wrote: »
    Danilo is a RB and Delph and Zinchenko are midfielders though so it’s really not 4 LB..
    Fair point. But they have both filled in at LB this season (hence my "in theory" comment). Indeed, Zinchenko didn't do badly on the couple of occasions he played there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

If anyone knows where I can watch this apart from bt please PM me

Kun loves playing against Newcastle. And made yet again by Kev.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Turned into a great game this. Newcastle seem happy to defend the corners and to be fair we have been poor with them.

• Advertisement

A perfect hat trick, seldom seen ....left foot, right foot and head .......Aguero Abú

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Confidence has drained out of the defence

We will be opened up in the CL if this continues

Aguero with 16 goals and 5 assists in 1511 minutes.
    Kane with 20 goals 1 assists in 1861 minutes.
    Thats nearly 5 full games behind Kane. Aguero is a beast.

Confidence has drained out of the defence

We will be opened up in the CL if this continues
    From what I'm reading, the goal was down to Zinchenko being caught flat footed. All things being equal, he won't be in the starting XI in the CL.

Yep, the pass took him out way too easily.He'll learn from that.

From what I'm reading, the goal was down to Zinchenko being caught flat footed. All things being equal, he won't be in the starting XI in the CL.

If they don't sort themselves out quickly it will cost us our forwards can only do so much

Yep, the pass took him out way too easily.He'll learn from that.
    Apparently, he'd done okay up to that as well. But he's young (21), and he probably started to tire mentally and physically. He hasn't played that much for our first team. As you said, he'll learn from that. And we were fortunate that the mistake didn't cost us, unlike last weekend, when we got our arses kicked for every small mistake we made (Otamendi coughing up possession, Stones getting brushed off the ball too easily and Ederson's clearance straight to Salah).

Apparently, he'd done okay up to that as well. But he's young (21), and he probably started to tire mentally and physically. He hasn't played that much for our first team. As you said, he'll learn from that. And we were fortunate that the mistake didn't cost us, unlike last weekend, when we got our arses kicked for every small mistake we made (Otamendi coughing up possession, Stones getting brushed off the ball too easily and Ederson's clearance straight to Salah).
    I thought he looked very good barring the mistake. It was a nice goal aswell and as Pep said when your that advanced pushing forward mistakes happen from time to time.
    Just seen there that we are one point off the 2015/16 season, we are flying high truly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Shaungoater

I thought he looked very good barring the mistake. It was a nice goal aswell and as Pep said when your that advanced pushing forward mistakes happen from time to time. Just seen there that we are one point off the 2015/16 season, we are flying high truly.

I thought he was excellent, very strong and confident. He had pushed up and got caught after we lost the ball, no biggy. Wonderful passer, rate him more than delph

I thought he was excellent, very strong and confident. He had pushed up and got caught after we lost the ball, no biggy. Wonderful passer, rate him more than delph

Ditto, considering his age and no. of appearances he's played very well for City so far. As long as he learns from the error. Every full back is going to make mistakes similar to those, his was a little too easy though but it's nothing that cost ye and it is very likely something he will learn from. So win and win. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

He's essentially an attacking midfielder with very little first team experience playing at left back. In that context I think he did very well.

Now that's a signature you can get excited about

Now that's a signature you can get excited about
    Damn right.

• Advertisement

He seems really committed to the club and particularly the style of football. Looking forward to seeing him for many years to come.

Pep going strong tonight....

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/955874016061001728

Correct decision for me. We can rotate against Cardiff on sunday. And, if we can get a couple of goals ahead by sometime around the hour mark, some of the big hitters can be subbed off.

Nice one Leroy.

Another assist for Kev. And clinically dispatched by Kun.

Never in doubt.

:eek:

• Advertisement

Never in doubt.

:eek:
    What was the game like,looks like Bristol had a good go at it.

What was the game like,looks like Bristol had a good go at it.
    We controlled the game really. I'd say that Bristol actually played better at our place than they did tonight. We bossed possession and bossed the corner kick count. Lots of promising positions, but the final ball was missing tonight. As for the goals we conceded, they were schoolboy defending. Stones is a shadow of the player he was before his injury. But we got the job done. On to Wembley for our third LC final in five years (Sunderland in '14 and Liverpool in' 16).

Zinchenko and stones better not be in this form and in your defence for the UCL if your heart is going to last. Sure makes entertaining moments for us neutrals though :)

Slightly worrying how many goals are been conceded now. In the league I'd always be confident of outscoring teams but could really be our downfall in europe. Stones is working off a mistake a game at this point, shame because I was really enjoying how solid he looked prior to the injury.

In other (slightly related) news looks like Laporte deal is done for 57 million GBP.

Zinchenko and stones better not be in this form and in your defence for the UCL if your heart is going to last. Sure makes entertaining moments for us neutrals though :)
    Re. Zinchenko, I wouldn't be overly concerned. I would hope that by the time the games against Basel come around, Delph might be available again. Plus, we have Danilo as an option at LB. Stones is a concern though. He was outstanding up until his injury, but he's been very ropey since he returned a few games back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

So look like we have agreed a deal for Laporte... admittedly I don't know much about him, but at least he is young and highly rated.

While it might be a great deal and turn out well, i do feel frustrated that we dont look like getting a striker. Would have liked us to try get Aubameyang, I know he has some issues but clearly very talented and think Pep would be able to handle him.

So look like we have agreed a deal for Laporte... admittedly I don't know much about him, but at least he is young and highly rated.

While it might be a great deal and turn out well, i do feel frustrated that we dont look like getting a striker. Would have liked us to try get Aubameyang, I know he has some issues but clearly very talented and think Pep would be able to handle him.
    The thing is we allready have 2 world class strikers and trying to keep them both happy is hard enough.If you put in Aubameyang thats 3 strikers that don't want to be on the bench.
    I'd say we will have a quite summer transfer but we will get a striker.We won't be spending crazy money either.

#MCFC XI to play #CCFC: Bravo, Walker, Danilo, Kompany (C), Otamendi, Fernandinho, Bernardo, Gündogan, De Bruyne, Sané, Sterling.

Aguero on the bench. Kompany plays, let's hope he's back to his best.

I worry about Kompany

• Advertisement
Advertisement