Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

• 31-12-2017 1:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Have at it all.. Usual rules apply etc..

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Have at it all.. Usual rules apply etc..

Pray for Kompany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Time to come home Xavi6 wherever you are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I'm assuming the thread should be "2018"? Anyhow; all the best for the my fellow blues on here for 2018. The new year has potential to turn out not too bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Our year!

Our year!
    Let's not get too giddy too quickly. Let's look at what we need to do to win the league. In the 25 full seasons of the PL, the winning points total has ranged from 75 up to 95, and it has taken 90+ to win it on 7 occasions. Therefore; if you set a mark of, say, 92 points as a likely figure to be good enough to win it, you're looking at 34 points more from our remaining 18 games. So 10 wins, 4 draws and 4 defeats should hopefully do it (92 might well be more than we'd need, but I'm probably being overly cautious in that assessment). So we're not there yet, not by a long way. But it is a middling good start!

• Advertisement

blueser wrote: »
    Let's not get too giddy too quickly. Let's look at what we need to do to win the league. In the 25 full seasons of the PL, the winning points total has ranged from 75 up to 95, and it has taken 90+ to win it on 7 occasions. Therefore; if you set a mark of, say, 92 points as a likely figure to be good enough to win it, you're looking at 34 points more from our remaining 18 games. So 10 wins, 4 draws and 4 defeats should hopefully do it (92 might well be more than we'd need, but I'm probably being overly cautious in that assessment). So we're not there yet, not by a long way. But it is a middling good start!

Fair point, but I was referring to year not season. It is still 2017 :pac:

Team to play Palace: Ederson, Walker, Otamendi, Mangala, Danilo, Gundogan, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, B. Silva, Sane, Jesus.

Subs: Bravo, Stones, Sterling, Aguero, Adarabioyo, Zinchenko, Toure.

Team to play Palace: Ederson, Walker, Otamendi, Mangala, Danilo, Gundogan, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, B. Silva, Sane, Jesus.

Subs: Bravo, Stones, Sterling, Aguero, Adarabioyo, Zinchenko, Toure.

Jesus taken off, looked in a bad state.

Palace giving it a good go today. Fair play to them. Too many of our lads having off days. Sane has been dreadful and Kev is below his usual standard.

Sane needs to cut out the petulance. Indeed, he needs hooking for the second half.

• Advertisement

Ah well. All good things come to an end. I'm more concerned with the injuries to Gabby and Kev.

Ah well. All good things come to an end. I'm more concerned with the injuries to Gabby and Kev.

Yep... makes a move for Sanchez all the more likely now I think.

Still unbeaten.

Feels like a win after the penalty...

Still unbeaten.

Feels like a win after the penalty...
    Which wasn't. Will the FA charge Zaha for "successfully deceiving a match official"?

Which wasn't. Will the FA charge Zaha for "successfully deceiving a match official"?

To be fair it is impossible for the ref not to give it, it did look like a pen in real time.

With Silva out now for what ever reason he has and if Aguero gets injured we will have no striker what so ever. Has easy cup draws but could be allot of pressure after awhile.

15 for Chelsea to top us, great way to end the year to be fair.

I'd rather have lost the game and come off without the injuries to Gabby and Kev.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Shaungoater

Jaysus I be worried about Kevin and jesus injury may mean we need sanchez. We are getting no protection at all from referees

Gabby out for one, maybe two months according to Pep.
    :(

• Advertisement

Gabby out for one, maybe two months according to Pep.
    :(

Damn, what is the injury?

Damn, what is the injury?
    They haven't specified the particular injury (I couldn't find it) but those are Pep's words. As for Kev;
    https://twitter.com/HLNinEngeland/status/947482525991096320

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/947952933282476034

Gutted for the lad. You could see he was heartbroken on sunday. Just waiting now to see how long he'll be out for. And hoping that Kev may be available for the trip to Anfield on the 14th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,583 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Very sad to hear about jesus there, no one would wish that on any player, hopefully he comes back from it soon enough, I suppose he should be happy that it wasn’t an ACL, at least the Medial is a lesser injury

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/947952933282476034

Gutted for the lad. You could see he was heartbroken on sunday. Just waiting now to see how long he'll be out for. And hoping that Kev may be available for the trip to Anfield on the 14th.

How long are MCL injuries usually?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,583 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

6-8 weeks to recover from the surgery then probably another 2 to get some fitness up, depends how quick you heal though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Gutted for the lad, and you guys. His movement is pivotal to making City function at their best imo. After he went off, the dynamism in your attacks dropped considerably.

Seeing some of the stuff on Twitter (I know) and on other forums, people are estimating up to 3 months, going on personal experiences of suffering a similar injury. But they are qualifying that by saying that they didn't have access to the quality of medical care that the club are going to offer to Gabby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Having torn my own MCL it was 12 weeks in brace before returning to training, but I’m sure they have more advanced methods of recovery :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

David Silva returned to training yesterday, will be in the squad tonight. Well needed boost.

gstack166 wrote: »
    David Silva returned to training yesterday, will be in the squad tonight. Well needed boost.

Great news, what the word on KDB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Fit for tonight if needed

He was the one to really worry about

Fit for tonight if needed

He was the one to really worry about

Tbf, he needs a rest, presumably will be rested for the Burnsley game.

blueser wrote:

The way [Liverpool] are playing that's the big one, we need kevin for it. Be great if stones had a few starts before then too. Any word on delph?

Definitely out injured for tonight. Thoughts he could make Burnley in the Cup the weekend but won’t be risked.

• Advertisement

Tbf, he needs a rest, presumably will be rested for the Burnsley game.
    I wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team in the next two games. He needs a rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

I wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team in the next two games. He needs a rest.

Agreed and Despite whatever personal Issues D. Silva has had he is rested at least physically so he can play the next few

murphk wrote: »
    Agreed and Despite whatever personal Issues D. Silva has had he is rested at least physically so he can play the next few
    I'm guessing he will feature for at least part of tonight's game. Then he'll probably be heading back to Spain for a few days again. Even if he wasn't having this personal issue to deal with, I wouldn't have had him in the Burnley game anyway. Along with the bulk of the first choice players.

So what will be the team so?

Ederson, Walker, Otamendi, Mangala, Danilo, Gundogan, Toure, Merlin, B. Silva, Sterling, Aguero.

So what will be the team so?

Ederson, Walker, Otamendi, Mangala, Danilo, Gundogan, Toure, Merlin, B. Silva, Sterling, Aguero.

Would rest ferdinho also.

• Advertisement

Would rest ferdinho also.

Kev starts, with D Silva, Sterling, Sane and Aguero, Fernandinho Walker Stones Otamendi and Delph, what's going on?

Zero messing with Pep for this game!! Surely madness playing KDB tho!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

6e474048-067c-4d6f-ae21-4aae6e488f23.png

gstack166 wrote: »
    Zero messing with Pep for this game!! Surely madness playing KDB tho!!

Sure he wouldn't be playing if he was any doubt I'd say, This should be a good game.

Hitchens wrote: »
    6e474048-067c-4d6f-ae21-4aae6e488f23.png

That really surprise me. Looking at the strength of the team, would have thought Kev would be rested. Pep knows best, i guess...

Seems mad though.

Sure he wouldn't be playing if he was any doubt I'd say, This should be a good game.

Think KDB is just too eager to play every game,fair play to him like. Just thought he would of got the night off.

That is, for me, nearly our strongest XI. Though you could make arguments for Jesus and, of course, Mendy. Personally, I'd have left Kev out of tonight and the Burnley Cup game. Have him fully fit and refreshed for the Liverpool game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

At Barca the argument by pep and later by Enrique was that a player isn't a top level player if they can't stay mentally active and aware during fixture congestion. Physically they'll be drained a "little" but ultimately mentally, concentration wise, is where the biggest battle is. Javier Mascherano gave a really interesting interview on this. Remember, if your team is to become the dominant force the owners envisage you'll have on average 10-12 more games a season than other teams.

(In Enrique's second season from October to April Barca had a game every 72-84 hours outside of the regular break periods.)

Jaysus thats a strong team! Great to see delph stones and silva back. Can rest these lads the weekend I suppose

Still can’t post pictures or screen shots on this!! Help would be appreciated :)

But I looked at a tweet from (twitter handle) @esteemedkompany a City blogger & youtuber, actually a very good follow retweet - How do you show your squad that you want them straight back to winning ways after losing the winning run? By fielding a team as strong as that.

Someday pep up for me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement