Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bundesliga Super-Thread warning post #4542

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Hamburg aren't.

I'm pulling my hair out here. I'm watching the game v Werder now because I was out earlier and I see Veh has continued to play Elia in a role he isn't suited to.

Only positives I can take from this matchday are Ruud grabbing a goal and Bayern losing.

Need a positive result v Lautern before the international break...god I hate International breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Fecking great result for Bremen, though talk about wrecking the nerves blowing the 2 goal lead, but made the win even sweeter in the end, Bremen still not very convincing though and need to get into a bit of form, hopefully this will start them off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

1-0 Wolves

Grafite is BACK! :D

Papa
    Demba
    Cisse

Niceee. 1-1..They managed to put it in eventually, nice saves by Benaglio though, defense should have got it away.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Papa
    Demba
    Cisse

Niceee. 1-1..They managed to put it in eventually, nice saves by Benaglio though, defense should have got it away.
    Mclaren should never have tweaked with the Wolves formation, now that they're back to 442, the team are really starting to hum along quite nicely.

Love Grafite, give him the ball and he scores, what a shame he was discovered so late in his career.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I was hoping Freiburg might get a point today, it looks like our title bid is falling apart:(.. but it was good while it lasted:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭cson

Mainz doing a Hoffenheim. Another win today, incidentally against Hoffenheim!

Mainz looking a lot better than Hoffenheim last season though. Amazing start for them and we are away to them next :(.

In other news, Hamburg were shíte for the first 60 minutes of our game v Lautern today but we still managed to win.
    I've constantly slated Jonathan Pitroipa but he's been good for the last 3 games suprisingly... Elia invisible on the opposite for most of the game, not for the first time this season. Had high hopes for him this year, hope he can pick it up :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Looking forward to Dortmund Bayern later, could be a cracker! Really don't know what to make of Bremen's chances against L'kusen, would take a draw now.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

2-0 FT in the big match today.

13 points behind Mainz, 10 behind Dortmund (which may be more significant in the long run). Bayern have it all to do already :p They're only three points outside the relegation places at the moment - which is better than Schalke and Stuttgart if nothing else. The top two in the table have opened up a big gap now.

Sahin, Kagawa, Barrios, Grobkreutz and Gotze(injured today I think) + Subotić and Hummels in defence.. awesome team. Been fun to watch them this year :)

Leverkusen - Bremen finished 2-2 also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Did Dortmund win?

I find it quite amusing how poor Bayern are doing. I was talking to some Bayern fans after the Wolfsburg match and they kept saying they knew they'd win the Bundesliga so what they needed to focus on is winning the CL!

Edit: Sorry I see they won 2-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Mental season so far in the Bundesliga.

I wonder how long Mainz can hold out at the top?:eek:

Fixtures for Matchday 8:

Friday:
    Koln v Dortmund

Saturday:
    Bayern v Hannover
    Schalke v Stuttgart
    Bremen v Freiburg
    Mainz v Hamburg
    St Pauli v Nurnberg
    Wolfsburg v Leverkusen

Sunday:

Kaiserslautern v Frankfurt
    Hoffenheim v Gladbach

A few good games this weekend, Wolves v Bayer pops out of course and Mainz looking to set a record for the best start to a Bundesliga season ever at home v HSV.
    And then there's Schalke v Stuttgart, Stuttgart sacked Christian Gross during the week and replaced him with his assistant, Jens Keller.
    Schalke need to get going fast and well Stuttgart, their start hasn't suprised me.
    They haven't brought in the players needed to replace the guys they've lost over the last 2 years.
    We should find out which team is less ****e in this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Dortmund winning at half time, they've had a really good start to the season. I'd love to see Mainz carry on their unbeaten run.

I know its early in the season, but Bayern are so far behind that I'm not sure if they can come back especially without Ribery and Robben out for so long. But it's Bayern so this may look stupid by Christmas :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

1-1

A nervous 10 or so minutes for me.

• Advertisement

n6zj8.png

Very good weekend of football in the Bundesliga.

Gomez finally gets going and scores a hat trick with Klose and Olic out.
    Huntelaar continues to score for Schalke but a 2-2 draw helped neither teams.
    My boys ended Mainz winning streak with a late 1-0 win away from home. Really happy with the result since we were missing a few starters. Ze Roberto is f**king amazing.
    St Pauli pick up another 3 points, really good result for them.

What to say about Wolfsburg?. Oh dear, 2-0 up and cruising and just like against Mainz a few weeks ago they manage to mess it up and concede 3 in the last 20 minutes for a 3-2 loss :o.

Didn't get to see today's games so I'll have to catch the highlights later on tonight. Plenty of goals to see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Koln v BVD was a great game. Thought a draw was deserved but what a goal from Podolski an absolute bloody rocket.

Disappointed with that 0-0 v Bayern.. Thought we did enough to win tbh.
    Very entertaining game though, I wasn't expecting a scoreless game and neither were the bookies, 17/2 it was for the 0-0.
    Pitroipa 1 v 1 in the 85th minute and hit the post :(.

Our defense scares the crap out of me sometimes, we leave ourselves short back there too often but so far it hasn't cost us.

Saturday/Sunday Fixtures:
    results.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

It's not Bundesliga but Schweinsteiger take a bow for this game winning goal last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Philip Lahm and Bayern in verbal agreement for a four year contract extension to be signed over the next few days.
    Bayern bosses confident to reach the same agreement with Bastian Schweinsteiger very soon, says Sport1.de today.

• Advertisement

I love when players at your team sign new contracts :). Heung-Min Son signed a new deal till 2014 today.
    m_son_basti.jpg

Maybe he can afford to move out of the HSV dorms now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

An intresting article before the Champions league game midweek

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/nov/22/werder-bremen-end-of-an-era?CMP=twt_gu
    It took a while but a hint of life did eventually return to Klaus Allofs's pale face, along with one minute, positive thought. "We didn't make any new mistakes today," it occurred to the sporting director in the concrete bowels of the Veltinsarena. "Unfortunately, though," he continued with a grimace, "we made all the old ones again."
    No one could dispute Werder Bremen's consistency in that respect. They had started well enough away to Schalke, in "the summit of frustration" (Die Welt). But then the first goal by Christoph Metzelder saw them disintegrate like Waldmeister-flavoured Ahoj Brause in a glass of fizzy water. A hat-trick from Raúl made the result doubly misleading: Schalke weren't all that good to have won 4-0, Werder much too bad. Double figures wouldn't have surprised anyone.
    "Apart from [Tim Wiese], you can all go home," the 6,000 travelling supporters sang when some players tried to apologise after the final whistle. About a hundred irate fans stayed behind to block the team bus from leaving. Per Mertesacker had to get out and promise more effort next time. The next day, there were rumours that hardcore supporters might stage a protest outside the training centre; two police man were dispatched, just in case. Nothing in fact happened, but discontent in the citystate has probably never been more keenly felt. In easy-going, unhurried Bremen, they don't whisper the word 'crisis' lightly. Now, they're screaming it from the rooftops.
    "We don't write the word 'relegation battle' on the board but there is no point thinking about the Champions League [for next season]," conceded Allofs. They're 12th in the table, only four points clear of Bundesliga 2 doom. In the Champions League, they're all but out, confidence before the daunting trip to White Hart Lane on Wednesday couldn't be lower. On top of it all, there is another injury. Brazilian jack-of-all-trades Wesley (hamstring) won't travel.
    Allofs is right: Bremen's inability to defend is nothing new. But this season, they seem to have taken their notorious open-door policy to a new extreme: there is no longer any door to speak of, only a vast thoroughfare, with free, guaranteed passage to anyone who happens to be in the vicinity. Away to Inter (0-4), the northerners were so soft that Gazzetta dello Sport dubbed them "Werder Crema". A less polite headline writer might have changed "Werder" to a similar sounding Italian word starting with an "m". "We're dreaming, we're ball-watching, we're doing nothing," said coach Thomas Schaaf. "Everyone's delighted to play against us at the moment."
    In the absence of Brazilian Naldo, the comedy double-act of centre-backs Sebastian Prödl and Mertesacker is plumbing deeper depths than local pop heroes Klaus & Klaus in their heyday. The less said about Mickaël Silvestre and other faux full-backs, the better. Unfortunately for Werder, their chronic deficits at the back are no longer offset by sublime attacking football. Mesut Özil's departure to Real Madrid has left too big a gap in the creative department. Neither Marko "The Austrian Ibra" Arnautovic, who unhelpfully combines the megalomania of Zlatan with a fraction of his talents, nor the more defensively minded Wesley have been able to make a real difference going forward. And "in midfield, Torsten Frings acts like a diva who believes she's still seeing yesterday's beautiful reflection in the mirror", wrote Süddeutsche Zeitung. "He elegantly dispatches long balls into areas where someone used to make runs in the past, but where there's only the sorry Hugo Almeida standing around offside these days."
    Increasingly, the finger of blame is pointing to Allofs, who seems to have been deserted by his sure touch in the transfer-market. A distinct lack of useful young, home-grown players compounds the trouble and it's obvious that Schaaf, the grumpiest man in German football, doesn't have any answers either. "We only have these players and we only have one plan. There is no plan B and no plan C. We simply have put our plan into action much better," he insisted. "Schaaf is in danger of destroying his own monument," wrote Die Welt.
    The €60m stadium renovation has reduced the margin of error for this expensive team dramatically. Even more worryingly for Werder, Bild revealed that Schaaf has already offered his resignation in a team-talk last week. Where can they go from here? Allofs tried to scare the team into submission by freezing part of the wages in October. That trick only worked for a couple of weeks, until the missing thousands were paid out, along with November's wages in full.
    "There is no fight in the team. We break apart immediately when things don't go according to plan." said midfielder Aaron Hunt, a man who seems lost in lethargy, like his team-mate Tim Borowski. Allofs's fortunes have always been closely tied to those of Schaaf - they've both been in charge since 1999 - but the 53-year-old won't hesitate to put the knife in before he goes down himself. The 0-4 at 04 was the "worst day" in his time at Bremen, he said, before putting just a touch of daylight between him and the moustachioed coach. "I still believe [Schaaf] is the right man for the job but that's not a dogma," he said carefully. The end of an era? It looks as if it might have begun.

And it looks like some of there own have written Bayern out of the title race which seems unthinkable really at this early stage of the season.
    Bastian Schweinsteiger wore a shirt that had the sponsor's logo upside down, he scored with a header after 84 seconds that was wrongly ruled offside and he witnessed Bayern's defence put in yet another error-strewn, terrifying shift that had Franz Beckenbauer reach for the word "Kindergarten". But something even more remarkable happened in the wake of the 1-1 draw (goals from Mario Gomez and Arturo Vidal (pen), Daniel van Buyten and Danijel Paranjic had both blundered) with Leverkusen on Saturday: Bayern voluntarily pulled out of the title race. Well, kind of. "We are 14 points behind Dortmund, we don't have to think about the championship," said the concerned sporting director Christian Nerlinger. Franz Beckenbauer went one step further, claiming, with some justification, that Borussia were currently "lightyears" ahead of Louis van Gaal's team. Suddenly, the more mundane goal of Champions League qualification has become the greatest concern in Munich, especially since eighth-placed Bayern can't quite bank on winning the European Cup, even if they do decide to sign Juventus left-back Domenico Criscito, 24, in January. Not one but three or four Arjen Robbens would really have to return after the winter break to give them any chance. As long as there's still room for centre-Drecks like van Buyten or Martin Demichelis on the pitch, however, Bayern's case is forlorn.

Wouldn't mind hearing Oatesy's take on current affairs is it out with the old establishment(Werder and Bayern) in with the newish Dortmond and Mainz?

How do you rate Werders chance midweek?

On Bayern:

Unbelievably, 1 or 2 of their players ruled them out of the title 3 weeks ago after 10 games played. They had a very poor start but I still think they are a team capable of a comeback IF Dortmund were to suffer a rough patch over the next few weeks. Dortmund had a great comeback on Saturday though from 1-0 down, the sign of a championship team. With Robben back after the winter break it will improve Bayern even more but I'd say they'll battle to 2nd place this year.

Bayern/Bremen out..Dortmund/Mainz in:

Bremen: Tough to tell.
    They have looked very poor over the last few weeks and finishing in a European spot this year will be an accomplishment. I'm counting 7 teams who I feel are better than them in the league. 9 goals conceded in their last 3 games, I've watched both games and it must have been ugly for Bremen fans to watch.

Bayern: No chance.
    They've got too much talent, money, fans and history to drift into mediocrity.
    It's a down year but come the summer they will splash the cash to improve and will be right back up there again next season.

Mainz: It'd be great but long term, no.
    They've got an exciting young team and a fantastic manager in charge but I think they're going to be another Hertha. Couple of up years mixed in with a couple of seasons of mid-table mediocrity. Hope the end part, relegation, doesn't happen to them because I really like them!. I think they'll grab a Europa League spot this year. They've got their new stadium due to open for next season so it'd be nice to have a few European nights there in its first year.

Dortmund: Yes.
    You just know that ''bigger'' teams are going to come in for Götze, Sahin, Kagawa etc if they keep playing like they have done so far this year. If they hold onto them then great for them. If they lose them then they should have a good bit of money to replace them which is something I'd trust Klopp with to do well. You can never be sure though, we've seen Stuttgart and Bremen lose their stars and not replace them well. Look where their teams are now.

_______

I see nothing but a Spurs win v Bremen. They are leaking goals at the back and confidence has to be low and they are all but done in the Champions League this year. Add in the fact they haven't exactly upped their game when Europe rolls around and it all adds up to a Spurs win.
    Tottenham -1 @ 13/10 :eek:. I'll have some of that.

If there is any justice, Dortmund will continue on their merry way to winning the Bundesliga. Been one of the most impressive sides to watch this season.

Klopp has truly done a fantastic job in developing and improving the team over the last few years. He's someone I've personally earmarked as someone who I'd like to see take over at Anfield one day :p

From what I read last week, at this point in the season, they have earned more points than any team in Bundesliga history! Hummels, Gotze, Schmelzer and Grobkruetz can provide the backbone of the national team for years to come too.

My infatuation for Shinji is at a truly ridiculous level now, what a hero :D

Gotze is doing his best to win my heart too :pac:

FT: Dortmund 4-1 'gladbach

______

On another Dortmund related note, very good tactical read on how they are set up under Klopps -

http://timhi.wordpress.com/2010/11/25/dissection-of-dortmund/

Congratulations to Borussia Dortmund - 10/11 Bundesliga Champions.

Worthy winners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Good game earlier (Schalke-Bayern) Neuer was amazing. I think i have a curse on Mario Gomez because whenever i watch him he plays crap :pac:

1577960_w2.jpg

It's disappointing to think that a 22 year old player who has been at Hamburg since he was 16 could return to the club less than 6 months after leaving wearing the jersey of a rival team and could not only celebrate after scoring, but kiss the crest of his new club. He might not have had much first team football in his time at HSV but the club still helped him develop as a player.

I might be overreacting but I just think it's wrong. I used to like Sidney Sam but now I just consider him an ungrateful shíthead tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

raul with a hat trick in the last game. 9 goals so far, looks like schalke are finally clicking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Shalke are starting to look good and I have to say Bayern are starting to click as well now. I'd like to see Dortmund win it but i just hope their early season form doesn't run out or that the young heads don't cave in come april/may. I do see Munich being there at the business end of the season, they are starting to look very balanced, all be it slight at sea at the back and now that LVG and Ribery have called a truce it could make for a very interesting 2nd half.

First half of the season however two players standing out. Mario Gomes, say what you like, he knows where the net is this season and obviously the star of the show: Kagawa. Super potential.

• Advertisement

Wolves at HT are 3-0 down at home to 2. Bundesliga side Cottbus in the Pokal.

McClaren's about to fall off the tight rope he's been walking for weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Stuttgart v Munich in the cup is a classic tonight, 3-3 as I write this. Bayern went 2 up after a few mins (amazing opener from Otll) but Pobregnyk scored twice, the second a world class strike on stroke if half time. 2nd half Bayern score, Stuttgart have player sent off, miss peno and then equalise few mins later

Edit: Muller, 4-3 Bayern as I was typing this!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Finished 5-3, some game!

Great games today to finish off the German football year. Wolves go down to Cottbus. Stuttgart v Bayern was brilliant and ended up with a 6-3 win for Bayern and now Aachen just took the lead against Frankfurt in extra time.

edit: 10 man Frankfurt equalise!

MOG7 wrote: »
    Finished 5-3, some game!

6-3!

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    McClaren's about to fall off the tight rope he's been walking for weeks.

Well it looked like he was going to be sacked but he'll be staying until the end of the season according to reports on nearly every German site. Lucky man.

If they don't have a strong start after the winter break I still see him being sacked. He'll be spending more money in January also.

What I want to know is what the feck has happened to Diego? He's went from being the next big thing to being completely useless. I'd say that any remaining possibility of Dzeko staying has evaporated now that Wolves won't make Europe in any shape or form.

Myself and my brother are looking to catch a Bundesliga game in the next weeks, ideally a home game for Dortmund/Schalke/Bayern. I just want to see what method do people on here use to get tickets, sort their flights? I don't mind using Ryanair etc but the actual process of getting tickets doesn't seem right - it appears as though there's only ticket-tout sites charging over €100 each, which none of us are interested in paying. So how does everyone do it?

Myself and my brother are looking to catch a Bundesliga game in the next weeks, ideally a home game for Dortmund/Schalke/Bayern. I just want to see what method do people on here use to get tickets, sort their flights? I don't mind using Ryanair etc but the actual process of getting tickets doesn't seem right - it appears as though there's only ticket-tout sites charging over €100 each, which none of us are interested in paying. So how does everyone do it?

It can be a pain in the ar*e to get tickets for some teams but it's easy enough to sort them out for the teams that use eventimsports.de for online ticket sales. If you want a true German football experience I'd stay away from FC Bayern. They've got a nice stadium and top players but it's the German equivalent of Old Trafford.
    I'd try to get some tickets for Dortmund, Schalke or Mainz. Tickets for upcoming matches should be on sale soon and if you don't speak German then here is a guide that will help you order tickets through eventim.

Flights/Hotels - skyscanner.net is what I use for flights. It searches most of the flight websites like aer lingus/ryanair etc and brings back the lowest fares.

I hope you and your brother enjoy the experience wherever you end up going!

• Advertisement

Brilliant, thanks! Once I have something booked I'll let you know :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Okay so...I just got access granted to the soccer board :cool:

I am the one and only member of Borussia Dortmund in Ireland, at least this was to be found on a map, which was printed in the membership magazine.

Anyone out there who supports Borussia Dortmund?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Anyone know why 1860 were deducted 2 points for 'licence irregularities'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

dfx- wrote: »
    Anyone know why 1860 were deducted 2 points for 'licence irregularities'?

From wiki:
    1860 Munich were deducted two points because of providing insufficient information during the licensing process previous to this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Just watching wolfsburg v Bayern and despite the winter break it looks terrible.

What looks terrible? Standard of play or the pitch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Kagawa's broken a bone in his foot, and could be out for the rest of the season.

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2011/January/26/dotrmund-hit-by-kagawa-injury-blow/

Dortmund's joint top scorer, and looks a great player, will no doubt be a big loss.

Töpher wrote: »
    Kagawa's broken a bone in his foot, and could be out for the rest of the season.

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2011/January/26/dotrmund-hit-by-kagawa-injury-blow/

Dortmund's joint top scorer, and looks a great player, will no doubt be a big loss.

Yup, saw that yesterday morning. Massive blow for Dortmund and Japan for that matter. Easily been one of the best players in the world let alone in Germany so far this season IMO.

Töpher wrote: »

It's a huge loss indeed, he was one of the key players this season. But we still have replacements like Mario Goetze. Hopefully, the loss will be compensated.

And maybe the teams behind Borussia Dortmund will underestimate us.

It's up to the team to compensate the loss and do everything to bring the title home to Dortmund...as I'm looking forward to celebrate this occasion, may it be over there or here in Dublin.

Heja BVB ftw :D

The results so far:

Wolfsburg 0, Borussia Dortmund 3
    Sch**** 0, Hoffenheim 1
    Bremen 1, Bayern 3
    St. Pauli 3, Cologne 0
    Nuremberg 2, Hamburger SV 0
    Leverkusen 2, Hannover 0 (Friday)

For some reason, I start to believe, that the title will go where it belongs...to Dortmund :cool:

A Bundesliga classic live on espn atm, Dortmund v Schalke.
    Dortmund coming out of the blocks strongly, Neuer with a couple of big saves after just 10 mins.
    Shaping up to be a match far from boring.

• Advertisement
Advertisement