Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2fm New Breakfast Show

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭superdudeman007

Yeah, just thought of that after when I noticed Ruth Scott was missing.

Not like the weekends get any better or anything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 The Boy Wonders

Big Balls wrote:
    Jim is barely in his 30s.

OMG, TELL me you are kidding, there is NO WAY that guy is that young. I've seen photos, they both look about 40ish, and that's what they sound like too. They are as much in the demograph as the Irish Times reviewer. The kids they call up are closer in age to their target audience IMO.:)

But that doesn't mean its bad though, just sayin':)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Why do people in the forum whinge so much? I've honestly never seen the likes of it before. Does anyone actually like anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I'm one of the few who likes Gerry Ryan! I didnt mind Marty Whelans Breakfast show. I always stuck it on in the mornings before I left for work, but its those 2 goons who think they've reinvented radio shows, but are a complete cliché of moronic LCD radio who really annoy the hell out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Anyone else notice that Marty is still bitter? Not a mention of the breakfast show in his opening link unlike GR. He needs to snap out of this and quick.

• Advertisement

I think its funny how he talks about his old show. I wouldnt blame him for being bitter. He was treated terribly by the powers that be in 2FM.

Nightwish wrote:
    I wouldnt blame him for being bitter. He was treated terribly by the powers that be in 2FM.

HE was told it was only a temporary fix. Don't mind the hype. There will be plenty of room for him when Digital goes full-on. Bitter as a lemon, he is. He should just bite the bullet and be a true pro as he has always been. Thank the guys for the show and get on with his own.

Does anyone actually like anything?
    No!

Not Likely!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭cson

Is it me or are the jingles on that show some of the worst contrived annoying $hite ever concieved? Did they get monkeys to do it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Baranaby Harmlessly was a foolitz.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Baranaby Harmlessly was a foolitz.

gimme back my ballooinz!

oooOOOOooo halloween, etc.

Nightwish wrote:
    I'm one of the few who likes Gerry Ryan!
    I didn't mind it myself until they started putting them feckin' (k)nobs on it!

Knob Nation is Oliver Callans payback after Mario Rosenstock allegedly screwed him over on paying him for his work on Gift Grub. Granted Callan can do some voices pretty well, but there is very little humour value in Knob Nation. The jokes revolve around the same stereotypes in each character, and become pretty predictable.

cson wrote:
    Is it me or are the jingles on that show some of the worst contrived annoying $hite ever concieved? Did they get monkeys to do it?
    They were worse on 104 when they rewrote the Gwen Stefani song to be about Nazis. I'm surprised no one complained about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭cson

Have to say, heard a Joe Duffy gag this morning.....hilarious. "We've got Sheila on line 7, hello Sheila...... You're not really on line 7 Sheila, your really on line 1, we just say it so it looks like we have loads and loads of lines..."
    Classic.

Heard another one from their fm104 days about a fella called matt molloy calling the Boston police dept about Santa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 kenzie

At this stage i'm getting really sick of this pair. Maybe i'm missing the best bits as I only listen to 20 minutes of it on my way to work but the whole Jim Jim's dad thing has got so annoying!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

THe PJ Gallagher calls are terrible

kenzie wrote:
    At this stage i'm getting really sick of this pair.

There's a little thing on your radio called a button. Its used to switch stations. If they annoy you or if PJ Gallagher annoys others, SWITCH.

As for me I'm really enjoying it. They've started to settle in now and with a tweak here and there it'll be bullet proof. God it really makes Marty sound so ****e. His music was up his arse aswell. The boys have it all covered. Keep it up lads, I haven't listened to 104 since the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,717 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Onkle wrote:
    THe PJ Gallagher calls are terrible
    Have to agree with this. The rest of the show is going great, but I can't stand PJ Gallagher's "funny" calls - but then I can't stand Naked Camera either!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

cson wrote:
    Have to say, heard a Joe Duffy gag this morning.....hilarious. "We've got Sheila on line 7, hello Sheila...... You're not really on line 7 Sheila, your really on line 1, we just say it so it looks like we have loads and loads of lines..."
    Classic.

I've no doubt it was the first time you heard it but it's an old call from their 104 days. It's like raiding the parts bin in a car factory and seeing what you get.

And guys PLEASE don't upset b...b...b....b...bbbbbbability, he is actually related to Colm Hayes' bum fluff so if you slag the lads, you slag him.

Big Balls wrote:
    And guys PLEASE don't upset b...b...b....b...bbbbbbability, he is actually related to Colm Hayes' bum fluff so if you slag the lads, you slag him.
    :D:D...if you had balls you wouldn't write something like this. You must be a BIG GIRL! You are... aren't you?

And just for the record I am not related to Colm or Jim nor anyone in RTE. If I was I would have been working there a long time ago;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,717 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hate these bloody PJ Gallagher prank calls - he's not funny!! Even less so when it's the same stupid joke every time! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Anybody got a link to the pj gallagher calls :confused:

Are they still ringing people in other countries and asking them stuff? Heard it there a few weeks ago and they were ringing Holland and by by pure luck :rolleyes: they got through to a Dutch lad who was more than happy to talk shíte with them for 5 mins :mad: HILARIOUS...jesus lads they must never sleep writing quality gags like that !

To top that off on then they have that clown Gavan using some other pseudonym....Douge Highlife...FFS ! Valuable airtime wasted for 2fm :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

I kinda agree with sizzler. It is a bit of a waste on 2fm and was much better on fm104. Partly because all the best gags/jingles still belong to fm104, but mostly because the jokes have to appeal to a much wider audience now. Dublin humour, cork humour, donegal humour etc.. are all quite different and only overlap in a mildly funny area that is the 2fm breakfast show.

That said, the only reason I don't listen to it is that I invariably catch a bit of Gerry Ryan at the end :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

Are there any stations left that can do a morning show without "comedy", gameshows and kids having nervous breakdowns to win prizes? Not to mention a mix of hard rock, rap, R & B and a car with engine trouble... I mean... erm.... Cascada.

I'm actually starting to miss news, traffic, weather every 20 minutes with decent music in between.

And I wish Will Leahy would stop playing "Every car you chase" at the same time every night and then waffling on about it for 10 minutes as if he was the only person in the country with Limewire

Switch between Newstalk and Morning Ireland for News, and Live Drive on DCAL for traffic and music, no gimmicks and if dcal isn't playing a song you like try Phantom, flicking between these 4 is a sanity saviour!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

newstalk and cds are the only way to go. the boys are not funny and the show is very poor. in an hour of the show they only play 3 or 4 songs. very very poor quality radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Foolitz

dolittle wrote:
    newstalk and cds are the only way to go. the boys are not funny and the show is very poor. in an hour of the show they only play 3 or 4 songs. very very poor quality radio

Actually, they play more music than anyone else because they have far less ads. The commercial stations are wall to wall ads in the morning. FM104 has about 15 minutes of ads per hour and the same ten songs!!!!!! 2FM play tiny ad breaks, have hotter songs and more laughs.

The PJ calls are very f***in' funny and the calls and songs by the lads are class. Best of all is the chat and slaggin between Colm and JimJim. My little brother says evryone in his school is listening and most of the people I know are into the new show.

I'm not surprised people aren't happy tho. That's Ireland for ya! :D
    Look how popular Darcy, Ryan, Kenny, Duffy etc are in the ratings, but everyone gives out about them. This thread will go on forever!

• Advertisement

That gargling crap this morning had me feeling sick. Who the fúck wants to listen to that down the radio? Idiots.

Advertisement