Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 31st - Heavy showers (some wintry and thundery)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

All quite here but can see the showers that are affecting Leitrim/ Monaghan/Longford area on the NE horizon from my window! Air has dried out a lot so. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Suddenly gone really dark here, huge bank of black cloud about to come overhead

*crosses fingers*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Suddenly gone really dark here, huge bank of black cloud about to come overhead

*crosses fingers*

yea noticed the showers have gotten darker and heavier.. but i keep missing them... but were they are they must be really heavy!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Whats in store for us tonight in Wicklow ? Super windy today but temp of 5c now aint giving me much hope for anything exciting.

owenc wrote: »
    yea noticed the showers have gotten darker and heavier.. but i keep missing them... but were they are they must be really heavy!

Did you rescue your Mother earlier by the way or did you leave her up there ???!!!

• Advertisement

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Did you rescue your Mother earlier by the way or did you leave her up there ???!!!

no a man in a truck stopped and pulled her out of the ditch thing lol... theres 3 foot up there!

Mental hail shower ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

been dry as bone here all day, still sunny hardly a cloud around

love love to have a good thunder storm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,358 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Could see a heavy hail or snow shower with thunder in Waterford to Dungarvan around now to 8 pm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Could see a heavy hail or snow shower with thunder in Waterford to Dungarvan around now to 8 pm.

Nothing here yet MT, clearish skies but that could change fast ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

A few sferics in the southwest in the last couple of hours, where the axis of coldest uppers is.

http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?mode=0&map=3&lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

We had some very heavy showers of hail sleet snow all day, thunder as well hour or two ago. Not a bit stuck though, as ground temps too high, and when the sun came out again, it got remarkably warm again. Theres a fair covering of snow on the higher mountains and it will be interesting to see how long it stays.

We had some very heavy showers of hail sleet snow all day, thunder as well hour or two ago. Not a bit stuck though, as ground temps too high, and when the sun came out again, it got remarkably warm again. Theres a fair covering of snow on the higher mountains and it will be interesting to see how long it stays.

Yea and it didn't even melt up there even up the road from me were it is thin and slushy

Showers are really decaying big style here. One such one passing over at the moment with nothing more than a few almost baseless fall streaks! (sorry for crap quality)

DSC02336.jpg

DSC02337.jpg

precipitation never quite reached the ground as it passed over but was an interesting site all the same. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

lovely spring like day here today, almost unbroken sunshine all day just a bit chilly tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

not much happened here today, some sleet and rain was all. lots of snow this morning on not very high hills, most of it melted soon but there were drifts by the hedges of up to 2 feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

All quite compared to last nytes excitement,not a bad day in Castlebar,the odd shower and a stif N wind-great drying in between the showers!

Had a snow shower passing through around an hour ago. Not much fell but what did fall stuck for a while. Still a couple of flakes surviving on top of the wheelie bin outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Some lovely big showers just off the west coast now!

Some lovely big showers just off the west coast now!

Seems to be an organised area of showers heading towards the headlands at the moment alright:

109401.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

ME did forecast a showery trough later tonight. It's in response to a small 500hPa vort max to our west. It will serve to keep the showers going as they cross the country, where they would otherwise die out

10040103_3118.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

I think heavy snow potential has gone for the forseeable future, oh well .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Having extremely heavy hail here at the moment with a flash of lightening... turning everything white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

system has already reached our shores, don't know if its active yet.

http://www.sat24.com/gb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Heavy snow in Limerick city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Heavy rain here... but I note Belmullet reported snow at 1am - a good sign for anyone inland if they are getting snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pangea wrote: »
    I think heavy snow potential has gone for the forseeable future, oh well .

does it feel like the whole world is collapsing around you senor Pangea;). you missed out on the snow that was just over the border in Derry. as if that wasn't bad enough then united go and lose to Bayern Munich in the dying seconds of the game. oh and not forgetting that Rooney could be out for a month :pac:

meanwhile it looks as if the atlantic has modified the cold airflow as it's raining now at a steady rate.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

had a light snow shower here this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Drove from Parkwest to Carlow last night between 11:30 and 00:30 and there was all sorts of crazyness falling.

• Advertisement
Advertisement