Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World War 3

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Watched a good bit of streams of this the last few weeks, looks really good, stripped down BF3/4 minus all the bull**** and devs that actually listen to the community.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Steam lied its only 15gb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I remember seeing the E3 video and thinking it looking like a rip-off of BF3...not that that's a bad thing, on the contrary it raised my interest. Must have a look at some gameplay and consider picking it up as I won't be buying the new BF.

Wow very impressed with this.

Need a bit of love but definite potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Managed to play 2 rounds, after lots of waiting time to connect (they had issues with the servers).

I will dare to name it "BF killer", but not the way you think.
    It is equivalent to BF2, not the later games. Needs strategy, thinking, teamplay and caution, not just run&gun.

And, as mentioned before, they listen to the community, they are on top of things and the minor delay, is nothing, assuming its an Early Access (and not official release) from a small studio.

There are definitely some bugs, but way less and less annoying than other AAA titles with years of experience.

This will be my choice for this winter, I am not giving any more money to BF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Bought it, spent 3 hours staring at loading screen, got a refund.
    Looked good, but based on the launch and comments from some people who did manage to get into a game I'll put this in the "check back in six months" pile. Really hope this launch hasn't done too much damage as it does look like a good alternative to battlefield.

Yeap, it's a bit pity.
    Needs lots of improvements, but it is good. More like BF2, than BF4/BF1/BFV are.
    If they keep getting feedback from the community like they do until know, it will end up a great game.
    I just hope, the "CoD" community, won't bother checking this game, nor the ones they haven't play BF2 (and previous) and love BF1 or BFV...

Wizard! wrote: »
    Managed to play 2 rounds, after lots of waiting time to connect (they had issues with the servers).

Played around 10 rounds now, type of game that you forgive having to verify your game files everytime you want to play it :D......once you are actually in a game.

MSBS is a beast of an Assault Rifle (G38 is HK 417 also decent).

No classes as such but there are gadgets (ammo, med kit, drones, C4 etc).

So you can make up your own class (they dont save tho....EA etc)

You pick a side of the main war, then a role (Att/Def get points for Att/Def actions, this will be important when the game gets going).

The your class is Armour/speed based (light/Med/heavy) Some load outs can carry 2 guns so an assault rifle and a sniper rifle, not quite sure how that works or if its supposed to but if you picked the Alpha (Ak12) you get a sniper rifle too :confused:

3 maps and all city based, maps are huge with many ways to any objective and plenty of open space. As its Unreal, actual 3d maps can be loaded into it so if they go realistic, lots of maps already exist.

Other than the connection issues, menu lag and not great optimization, it is promising.

Revisiting if you dont like being a guinea pig may not be a bad idea.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    The your class is Armour/speed based (light/Med/heavy) Some load outs can carry 2 guns so an assault rifle and a sniper rifle, not quite sure how that works or if its supposed to but if you picked the Alpha (Ak12) you get a sniper rifle too

It has to do with weight, although I am not sure if it also affects soldier movement.

You can carry a sniper rifle and an assault, or a sub-machine gun, but then, you cannot use the heavy armor and/or heavy helmet, which prevents one-shot head shots or body shots even with the .50 caliber TOR.

It's all balancing, getting one, giving another. I like it.

They only reason not to stick with it right now, is that all 3 available maps, are pretty similar. There are no woods, fields, mountain maps atm. I would be better if they had 1-2 city maps, and 1-2 of any other type.

When it works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

Had a go last night. Definitely early access, lots of work to be done but there's a solid base for a game there. Gunplay is good and the maps are massive. Customisation is amazing, the level of detail is great.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    When it works.
    Much better yesterday! Small delays.
    Sometimes I have to close Steam, verify the integrity of local files of the game and then start again, but after that, only one time I couldn't login.

No issues last night playing, got a good few rounds in and connection was fast.

To spawn on squad leader you need to leave the squad and rejoin, only if if respawn isnt working.

My minimap keeps appearing randomly, any ideas how to make it a bit more permanent?

circadian wrote: »
    My minimap keeps appearing randomly, any ideas how to make it a bit more permanent?
    There is no minimap. It appears when a team member deploys a spy drone.
    I miss it, really, and I hope they will add it later on.

I thought it appears up the top left when your squad spots something.

Fairly clear some of this stuff isnt explained very well, there is deffo a map up there sometimes.

There is an option in gameplay to change the size of it :)

Its a drone/item when someone on your team/squad uses it the minimap comes up top left.

Yeah starting to figure this out now, really enjoying it.

Noticed last night customisations are saving now and some sort of progress.

All the item unlocks will be locked when the game release but ingame points unlock them not cash. Each item works on all guns so you only unlock it once.

Are all unlocks available in EA?
    I think I saw lot more in some demos, which are not even visible here, especially in tanks, etc.
    Also, some things should change. For example, all long range scopes have the exact reticle and zoom. This couldn't be the case.

• Advertisement

From their twitter account:
    Dear Community! We would like to inform you that right now we are working on the first and truly GREAT patch for # WorldWar3! So far we can’t tell any exact details, but the update will affect many of the weaknesses that we all know and that you tell us about, friends The patch is preparing for release next week. We will announce the specific day and all details on it as soon as we can. We work!

From their official Forum:
    unknown.png

Gonna hang on for the patch, have played enough to know I like it.

Just needs some fixing now.

Patch 0.1.1 coming
    Info: https://forum.worldwar3.com/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F3878-patch-011%2F&fbclid=IwAR0v1vSGiMOXL5CS26WzMYanJ_GKx04lD9vjCjKVn454kXXa9A6fxiPkEYA

Patch details:
    GENERAL:
    Bug-fixes:

A lot of improvements with servers and connecting to the game.
    Spawning on leader now shouldn't end in falling from the map

Tweaks:

Changed total match score from 5000 to 4000.
    Changed match time from 45 to 40 minutes.

HUD:
    New:

Added stats in menu for majority of items.
    Feature: Now after choosing strike, player can see full description and the cost of the strike.
    Added Performance boost option to Video Settings.
    New semtex grenade icon.
    Weapon icon added to kill screen.
    Players in vehicle are displayed with their relation colour.
    Names of your squad mates are always visible on their marker.

Bug-fixes:

Damage indicator stop rotating after death
    Direction of grenade damage indicator fixed.
    Equip grenade type icon displayed on Hud properly.
    Amount of Ammo/Health/Equipment packs are now displayed on hud in Leviathan / Battle Robot.

BATTLE POINTS:
    New:

Strike drop flare now change colour depending on relation to the strike owner.
    New strike particles, now it's easier to detect what kind of artillery is dropping

Bug-fixes:

Fixed bug with shooting from Vehicles after Reload
    Default Heavy Machine Gun for every vehicle's driver.
    Fixed destruction of supply packs by UGV.
    Fixed Nerva Operational range.
    Fixed UGVs' handling.
    Fixed strike masks on Berlin.
    UGV wreckage no longer disappears after destruction
    Airstrike’s (Hellfire, Stormbreaker, Mephisto) deal a proper damage upon penetration, vehicles can be destroyed by a direct hit

Tweaks:

All turrets were rebalanced: adjusted their clip size, reloads, damage per minute and burst damage. The aiming difficulty was also adjusted.
    Slightly decreased Quadrocopter's speed and acceleration.
    Slightly increased Mini Drone’s speed and acceleration.
    Reduced tablet preview time after using UAV Radar
    Lowered the spawn height for UGV

EQUIPMENT:
    New:

Auto changing ammo type when out of ammo.
    Auto reload weapon after ammo regeneration if weapon was empty.
    New camera shake in Grenades and C4
    Sound indicator after regeneration of gadget [e.g. Ammo Pack]

Bug-fixes:

Side sight now automatically rotate weapon when targeting.
    C4 - now you have 3 charges, it deals damage to infantry and vehicle. You can throw it farther and detonate all of them with single use. Also there are new visual effect for them.
    Invisible ammo in RPG after death fixed.
    Left hand pose in pistols in wrong position after using gadget
    Better material on See Through SAO sight

Tweaks:
    Tweaks on grenade amount. Player now have 3 smoke grenades and 2 frag grenades.
    Tweaks on ammo pack regeneration

MAPS:
    Visual:

New post process: eye adaptation to reduce dark places one the maps; black and white balance
    New summary screens.
    Additional visual destruction's on Moscow and material fixes
    Streaming fixes
    Fixed spawn positions on Berlin Large.

Level Design:

Vaulting fix (added additional and missing vaults in some areas)
    Few additional covers on Warsaw and Moscow
    Unlocked tunnel passage on warzone small (Warsaw)
    Bug fixes allowing players to get into higher floors (Warsaw shopping centre)

I like the guys, cause they act fast and listen to the community.

4.5gb patch out now.

cant locate the notes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Really like how this is progressing, i havent played it in any form yet but following it closely.
    They definitely seem to decent community driven devs on this.

I got the patch but didn't play, as they were updating the servers. Hopefully, will do later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Is there a server browser yet? Living in Aus and I've been holding off because of this reason. We've got AUS based servers apparently but no way to choose them which is a bit ridic for an online multiplayer shooter.

There is a plan for server browser, but it is not available in early access.
    Also, they said about server rental, for clans etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Wizard! wrote: »
    There is a plan for server browser, but it is not available in early access.
    Also, they said about server rental, for clans etc.

Going to have to hold off then.

• Advertisement

New patch out (im only posting for the main game not the PTE, so it may not be new to some :) )

Roadmap released.

https://worldwar3.com/en/development-roadmap/

TDM mode!
    Not bad to get used to the weapons, and I hope without tanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

People still playing? Improved much since launch?

On sale on steam atm

EoinHef wrote: »
    People still playing? Improved much since launch?

On sale on steam atm

Yeah this is a decentish game that will get better.

Just be aware it still has some EA issues.

Free weekend, game is really good but lacks a consistent playerbase.

Shame really,hopefully this weekend kicks it off.

Advertisement