Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planet Zoo

• 19-06-2019 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭

No thread on this? Jesus people you're sleeping :pac:

Next installment in the Planet franchise, following Planet Coaster. Seemingly the modern zoo management game that we've waited for since Zoo Tycoon 2 (let's not talk about that horrible mess that was Zoo Tycoon Xbox One that was ported over to PC, which ironically was worked on by Frontier as well). They obviously listened to the community because Planet Zoo is looking frickin' awesome! In fairness to Frontier, their hands were tied by Microsoft, now they are unleashed! All the creativity of Planet Coaster as well as going into so much in depth management detail as well. Not to mention it looks BEAUTIFUL.

My only problem is I don't think my potato will be able to handle it :(

Releases November 5th on PC only (sorry console peasants :D)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Looks really nice, always been tempted by PCoaster but heard its management systems leave a lot to be desired.

More gameplay here from the devs, very in depth control of all the animals and habitats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Looks really nice, always been tempted by PCoaster but heard its management systems leave a lot to be desired.

More gameplay here from the devs, very in depth control of all the animals and habitats.

Never played it myself, but always heard that it was more about creativity than actual park management. Seems Frontier learned from it though, the management system in Zoo is looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

PCoaster was absolutely brilliant. I still play it.

The Jurassic Park game was dull and boring.

So, not sure what way this game will go.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Never played Planet Coaster, but have heard differing opinions on it... Seems it was a little light on the management side of things for some folk? Having said that, I think I'd be happy enough with the sandbox that this is shaping up to be.

PCoaster was absolutely brilliant. I still play it.

The Jurassic Park game was dull and boring.

So, not sure what way this game will go.

Yeah I was disappointed with JW Evolution. Graphically it's amazing even on a potato of a computer like mine, but beyond building dino pens and having to place guest amenities in certain areas, as well as the lack of decorative options... Just not much for it replayability wise. Prehistoric Kingdom on the other hand is really hopeful.

Lion cub playing with its dad's tail at 5:45!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to be slightly over the top nitpicky, but one of the realism elements I would have like is for keepers to not just be able to wander into carnivores habitats all willy-nilly. Having to follow real world steps for feeding and caring for carnivores, with little to no face to face interaction without some sort of security fence or something. Just casually strolling through a wolf or lion exhibit without a care in the world :pac:

• Advertisement

The beta's out if you buy the deluxe edition (3 extra animals, plus some other items). Full release in about a month. Bought it to try it out. Had to refund it cos my PC can't handle it :( From the vids I've seen on Youtube though, it looks absolutely amazing! The level of depth, management and creativity is insane.

Advertisement