Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Amazing all the players improving yet the points tally is worse than under those previous managers

those previous managers who had van persie falcao di maria rooney all on the field together at one stage...

those previous managers who had Zlatan and Rooney up front, memphis Depay, carrick, mkhitarayan, schneiderlain, schweinsteiger, blind all in the squad?

there was never any team there under those managers, just a bunch of overpaid individuals.

we are clearly going somewhere under ole, i would be very confident about the rest of the season and going into next season as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Not what we needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Hococop wrote: »
    Not what we needed

Pain in the Swiss roll.

I couldn't give a sh1t about the league title situation, but we need Chelsea winning like a hole in the head.

Glazers Out!

Fa Cup and Europa league were not good enough for you under Jose so why are they important now

On the feel good factor I dont know I am not involved in the club

jose never won fa cup, van gaal did, jose won league cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mendy is such a shìt player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

bangkok wrote: »
    jose never won fa cup, van gaal did, jose won league cup.

Okay so why is the Europa league now important

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

For all the talk of a “process” or “transition period” through the Moyes/LvG/Jose era’s I think we are finally seeing that happen under Ole. I’m still not sure he’s good enough to be the long term manager and bring success but I’m on board with everything we are doing as a club at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,243 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

J. Marston wrote: »
    Mendy is such a shìt player.

from the 1st time i saw him i always thought that. looks awkward and uncomfortable on the ball. not really a pep singing.

when a team is unable to finish in the top 4, the europa league is the only route to the champions league.

• Advertisement

Was important back then to.

Its a place in next years champions league

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

C'mon City. I feel dirty saying that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,337 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

It would be brilliant/very good if City could get the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

GSPfan wrote: »
    For all the talk of a “process” or “transition period” through the Moyes/LvG/Jose era’s I think we are finally seeing that happen under Ole. I’m still not sure he’s good enough to be the long term manager and bring success but I’m on board with everything we are doing as a club at the moment.

I see Ole as being the "groundwork" manager right now. Set the philosophy/standards that are expected for Utd for when there will eventually be another high profile manager to come in. Me personally, i love what he does off the pitch in regards to the club but i think on the pitch managing games he's not up to par.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

I see Ole as being the "groundwork" manager right now. Set the philosophy/standards that are expected for Utd for when there will eventually be another high profile manager to come in. Me personally, i love what he does off the pitch in regards to the club but i think on the pitch managing games he's not up to par.

AidoEirE wrote: »

what managers do you see coming through?

Nagelsmann is the only one i see, and he'll be off to munich.

just randomly, i think michael laudrup could be a very good left field shout. would attract top players, and plays a good brand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,632 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what managers do you see coming through?

Nagelsmann is the only one i see, and he'll be off to munich.

just randomly, i think michael laudrup could be a very good left field shout. would attract top players, and plays a good brand.

Easy question

Pochettino

Best manager available

Damn Chelsea Peno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

You can’t dress up the possibility of the worst points total in 30 years as a job well done, this season and Oles future should really hinge on CL football.

Not getting champions league will just be a sign of the chronic underachievement ahead of us under Ole in my humble opinion, on the cusp of something but never getting there.

Now I don’t think Woodward has the balls to make that call so we’re stuck with him another season regardless of what happens.

But as is said almost every week in here, hopefully we have turned a corner. I just hope they go all out for the games we have left, we have nothing to lose, give the fans something entertaining at least.

City are annoying.

Headshot wrote: »
    Easy question

Pochettino

Best manager available

forgot about him!

shouldn't have done, given when his gardening leave was up he was everywhere in the media.

• Advertisement

Pep will have to spend another €300 million this Summer no doubt.

It's Leicester we need to slip, especially with their run-in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

They've Everton away next, very loseable game. Big pressure on them if they lose. Especially if Chelsea hang on for the win here. The barrier of a team between them and the pack will go soon.

°°°°°

It's our own fault we're behind Chelsea at the stage. A side we've beaten three times this season is well ahead of us in the league. How different things may have been had we spent the money on Bruno in the summer. We only came to life after Christmas, this season,, here's hoping we pick up some momentum and keep pushing forward.

Glazers Out!

5th might do us also but that depends on the thickness of City's brown envelopes to UEFA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Acosta

Feck sake would have taken a draw. FC Abu Dhabi couldn't even manage that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Hope City get that Uefa ban. They've been dreadful tonight. Thought we were guaranteed to close the gap today but of course Pep has to have a stinker tonight.

I still think we have the better fixtures than Chelsea and Leicester but it's another uphill battle and I'm worried we might run out of steam. 13 games unbeaten at the moment. Can't see us going unbeaten for the rest of the season and if Chelsea extend the gap anymore than 5 points, it'll be proper hard to get top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭Robson99

Leicester are the team we will catch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Well this sucks :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Delighted Liverpool don't get to win it on the field, they've just won their first title in yonks and nobody really cares. Fantastic.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

The best team won. We could learn a lot from a team like Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,529 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Pep will have to spend another €300 million this Summer no doubt.

He's like that annoying kid at school who isn't that good at computer games, but his parents buy him whatever he wants on the day it comes out. By the time everyone else has had a chance to catch up with him, he's off to the next game (club).

He can win all right, but only when everything is in his favour.

Defending champions and can't even draw with Chelsea ffs.

Looking on the bright side, is this the end for Pep at City?

Scrap the cap!

°°°°°

Hope City get that Uefa ban. They've been dreadful tonight. Thought we were guaranteed to close the gap today but of course Pep has to have a stinker tonight.

I still think we have the better fixtures than Chelsea and Leicester but it's another uphill battle and I'm worried we might run out of steam. 13 games unbeaten at the moment. Can't see us going unbeaten for the rest of the season and if Chelsea extend the gap anymore than 5 points, it'll be proper hard to get top 4.

We should have been third had we brought Bruno in last summer, the difference one player can make to the side was something none of us possibly realised until he arrived.

We wasted the first half of this season, so many silly dropped points, we were dropping points in a manner inverse to how Liverpool seemed to be winning them against all odds.

We need to at least be going unbeaten until the end of the season in the league to pull anything out of the fire. Anything we will achieve will have been in spite of the clubs hierarchy, and now with the prospect of Newcastle becoming another City type mega club we really need to be prepared for next season to push to be in the top three.

Glazers Out!

Do me a favour lads.... Save all the plaudits for the scousers for another thread. I wish endless sporting heartache on that lot. They deserve this one but I hope it’s another 30 years for the next one. At least they can focus on Europe now after winning it so early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Delighted Liverpool don't get to win it on the field, they've just won their first title in yonks and nobody really cares. Fantastic.

I really hate to see a post as pathetic as this. I hope I never see Liverpool win the league again but plenty of people care, you included by the sounds of it!

Liverpool played great football this season and were miles better than any other team. All we need is a few top signings and hopefully we will challenge them

°°°°°

Looking on the bright side, is this the end for Pep at City?

Had Covid not happened I think he would have been gone.
    I think he'll have one more season there although I'd gladly be proved wrong although, without him there Liverpool will likely retain their title next season and possibly break our record the following year, so lacking is the quality behind them in the league at the moment.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

That’s just been disingenuous imo. They are miles ahead of second place, have been head and shoulders above everyone else this season after going so close last season. They are CL champions.

I’m sure they don’t care if they win it on the pitch or not. They did win it on the pitch by amassing such an incredible points total.

It’s their first title in 30 years. Swallow the medicine and congratulate them on the achievement. They care and I’m sure you do.

damn I didnt realise how easy the rest of our PL games should be. We should be getting 15/15 without any pressure tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Same as Leicester then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

adox wrote: »
    That’s just been disingenuous imo. They are miles ahead of second place, have been head and shoulders above everyone else this season after going so close last season. They are CL champions.

I’m sure they don’t care if they win it on the pitch or not. They did win it on the pitch by amassing such an incredible points total.

It’s their first title in 30 years. Swallow the medicine and congratulate them on the achievement. They care and I’m sure you do.

Yeah but pubs are closed the stadiums are closed the fans won't get to celebrate like normal. I'm happy in that knowledge. Thankfully they get to play out the season to an empty stadium. You'll never walk alone, lol!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭Robson99

Yes they were the best team but like **** would I congratulate them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭larchielads

Well done liverpool best team in the league. Utd fan

°°°°°

Rock77 wrote: »
    I really hate to see a post as pathetic as this. I hope I never see Liverpool win the league again but plenty of people care, you included by the sounds of it!

Liverpool played great football this season and were miles better than any other team. All we need is a few top signings and hopefully we will challenge them

Having seen so much success as a United fan over the years, not one trophy my club won made my life tangibly better. I remember all the victories vividly but nowhere near as vividly as the birth of my kids, my wedding day or the memories of dead relatives.

It's nice to see your team win but all we do as football fans is live vicariously through people whose lives are so far removed from our own it's scarcely believable.

Congratulations to Liverpool, but to paraphrase (and perhaps b@stardise)Bill Shankly, football isn't a matter of life and death, not at all.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,255 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I don't like how hatred of a rival has to be so central to being a fan of a soccer club.
    Remember, a lot of Manchester United and Liverpool fans sit together in stands no problem wearing Ireland or England shirts.

By definition the team that wins the league is the best team in the league :rolleyes:

I never recall any rival fans queueing up to congratulate us, quite the opposite. Fergie is a cheat, United are cheats etc. etc...

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

You do. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Headshot wrote: »
    damn I didnt realise how easy the rest of our PL games should be. We should be getting 15/15 without any pressure tbh

Yeah we really should, if we win the next four we will be there abouts with leicester i think.

And here they come, thanks for nothing Mantis.

Scrap the cap!

°°°°°

flazio wrote: »
    I don't like how hatred of a rival has to be so central to being a fan of a soccer club.
    Remember, a lot of Manchester United and Liverpool fans sit together in stands no problem wearing Ireland or England shirts.

It's just nonsense and always had been.

As a kid in the 80s, I have vivid memories of Liverpool fans loving our struggles as much as their own success. In light of that, our success in the 90s and onwards was all the sweeter. They're famously bad winners but what can we do about it?

Glazers Out!

Well done liverpool best team in the league. Utd fan

Reported.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement