Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,222 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We have flair players if we could just get in a few defenders and a leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭omega man

2 good CBs and we’d be a decent team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

omega man wrote: »
    2 good CBs and we’d be a decent team

We would make Virgil Van Dijk and Sergio Ramos look like the worst partnership since Fred and Rose West.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

We're top of the table as things stand

Frankfurt now losing

If Liege score they go through. Let them score!

• Advertisement

Liege will be sick to throw qualification away like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,484 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

OmegaGene wrote: »
    can you go and walk the dog again ?

I’ve left to go to the gym so enjoy the 2-5 win lads.

That will do.
    Top of the group.
    Good comeback.

Not seeing Freddie’s stamp

omega man wrote: »
    Not seeing Freddie’s stamp

Until all those players dye their hair pink you won’t.

• Advertisement

We concede some awful goals.
    If we have a defensive coach then he needs to be shipped out too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

That was a horrible performance for the most part but I don't think it's a coincidence that we started attacking properly when Martinelli came on the pitch.

Bang bang!!

What’s with us playing absolutely dire for 99% of games and then just exploding like that? Can Freddie not have a word and say START like that?

• Moderators Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭x PyRo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

Brutal performance, still no system of play at all.

If I’m FL after these 3 games I’m saying to myself, I’m not the man here I’m out of my depth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

x PyRo wrote: »

Keown as subtle as ever!!

Oh wow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

https://twitter.com/orbinho/status/1205212662138843137?s=21

Interesting stat. Saka does look like a good talent and he’s only 18 years of age. He has definitely shown more so far this season than Nelson, who had more pedigree than him pre-season. Unreal assist by Saka and a great goal too. The one bright spark this season, is seeing the young players come through like Saka and Martinelli. Gives some hope and light for the season and beyond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

How I long for the days when we had Igor Stepanov, Sebastian Squillaci and Pascal Cygan as Defenders.......they would literally WALK INTO THIS TEAM!

Think About That for a moment......!?!?!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    How I long for the days when we had Igor Stepanov, Sebastian Squillaci and Pascal Cygan as Defenders.......they would literally WALK INTO THIS TEAM!

Think About That for a moment......!?!?!

Ah Jesus, they were all as bad as what we have now.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,394 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

x PyRo wrote: »

That is pure Alan Partridge stuff from the main presenter.

• Advertisement

Ha ha. Zing Hunky.

He looks absolutely class.

Could he handle a cold Tuesday night in Stoke on Trent? :pac:

Could he handle a cold Tuesday night in Stoke on Trent? :pac:

Who’s the manager!

They wouldnt turn their arse to the ball though at the very least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭patrickc

I think we'll have a big exodus next summer of the few good players we have if this **** doesn't improve.

They wouldnt turn their arse to the ball though at the very least.

Careful now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Pep has a break clause at end of season #justsaying

Pep has a break clause at end of season #justsaying

Surely thats based on him shooting the lights out and his valuation sky rocketing far more than what we paid for him at the very least.......right??? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Surely thats based on him shooting the lights out and his valuation sky rocketing far more than what we paid for him at the very least.......right??? :/

HE SAID PEP! NOT PEPE!

• Advertisement

emmetlego wrote: »
    HE SAID PEP! NOT PEPE!

lol apologies, im doing too many different tasks at once here. the mind is overworked :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Ceballos confirmed he's back for Stephens Day match at Bournmouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

I'm a Liverpool fan but my two best mates are Arsenal die hards, must admit it kinda nice the shoe is on the other foot, I've taken my fair amount of slagging!(I feel their pain)

But anyways we were taking about the next Arsenal manager over a few beers last night and I said surely Wilder has to be the man for the job and be given some time, he's shown hes no flash in the pan so to speak.
    I was surprise when they both didn't even really entertain fhe thought!

Both really want Carlo or Poch and feels they can being a stability to the club.

Would all Arsenal fans be underwhelmed with Wilder, I'd have assumed it would be a exciting appointment..

tbh I would take anyone that could structure our defence and midfield in such a way that we werent giving away 25 chances a game.
    The thought of a clean sheet appears so far fetched at the moment its ridiculous.
    We need a boss that the players respect and are fearful of because i think its obvious for some time that players arent afraid or punished for playing poorly.
    Also considering the attention our defence has got recently, the attack needs to pull the finger out. Our stats and shots on target etc are frighteninly low when you look at the talent we have up front

Look let's not beat about the bush, arsenal are a shambles at the back, no massive qualify in MF and a front line that will score if they had real quality behind them..

Arsenal needs someone to come in and tell some players some real home truths...

As I said to my mates last night, one wanted arsen gone the other didn't,, but I seen most fans wanted him gone.. Be careful what you wish for, the next appointment if they get it wrong could set arsenal back a few years behind the other top 4/5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

galwayllm wrote: »
    Look let's not beat about the bush, arsenal are a shambles at the back, no massive qualify in MF and a front line that will score if they had real quality behind them..

Arsenal needs someone to come in and tell some players some real home truths...

As I said to my mates last night, one wanted arsen gone the other didn't,, but I seen most fans wanted him gone.. Be careful what you wish for, the next appointment if they get it wrong could set arsenal back a few years behind the other top 4/5

Arsene Wenger had to go - there’s no discussion on that - it set the club back years

• Advertisement

Maybe things had gone stale alright with Arsen

Like any good house you need a good foundation.
    The defence is your foundation.
    We could sign Ronald, Messi and Mbape and we’d still leak goals.
    We need two good CB’s urgently and a right back imo. We also need a proper DM who’s a leader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Like any good house you need a good foundation.
    The defence is your foundation.
    We could sign Ronald, Messi and Mbape and we’d still leak goals.
    We need two good CB’s urgently and a right back imo. We also need a proper DM who’s a leader.

Need that for the last ten years now.

So if/when we win tomorrow, we're only 4 points off the top 4. Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Can you imagine this current squad in the champions league ? We struggle in the europa these days

I mean like we topped our group playing teams full of kids in the europa league....

Hardly call that struggling to be fair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

This whole caretaker manager business. Even with the legend it is, it's hard to be bothered. Unless something remarkable happens, it's short term in every respect, which is impossible to be excited about given the state of us.

We were lucky to equalise against liege
    Can you really see the current squad performing well in the champions league, we can’t even beat the usual cannon fodder this season

As things stand..... Teams can improve if the right manager is in place. I still believe the original post from Basil3 was firmly tongue in cheek... Or else I fully misunderstood the post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,060 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Can you imagine this current squad in the champions league ? We struggle in the europa these days

So are you saying you actually don't want us to qualify for the UCL?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

We were lucky to equalise against liege
    Can you really see the current squad performing well in the champions league, we can’t even beat the usual cannon fodder this season

My point is we were so far from a full strength team in any europa league game this season and still topped the group.

Would well in the champions league prob not be we haven't really done well in it for years anyway...

Quazzie wrote: »
    So are you saying you actually don't want us to qualify for the UCL?:confused:

I don't usually defend others, but that's a fair leap from his post to your assumption!

Call it my intuition!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,060 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

emmetlego wrote: »
    I don't usually defend others, but that's a fair leap from his post to your assumption!

Call it my intuition!

I took from it, that because we wouldn't have a strong enough team for the UCL he'd rather not qualify.

I admit I could be wrong though, which is why I asked.

I think the dog will be getting a very very long walk today at 4:30... I’d prefer to be playing a flying city at their best rather than a super pissed off one. They’ve something to prove today... I fear the worst.

I think the dog will be getting a very very long walk today at 4:30... I’d prefer to be playing a flying city at their best rather than a super pissed off one. They’ve something to prove today... I fear the worst.

The problem is that we have been offering too many shots at goal even against lower half teams and conceding an average of 1.5 goals per game. City will probably create even more chances and probably convert more. BUT you never know with Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭DenMan

Chinese state broadcaster CCTV have pulled the Arsenal/City game today from broadcast. It's in relation to an Ozil social media post about the treatment of Uighur Muslims in China.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50799009

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

DenMan wrote: »
    Chinese state broadcaster CCTV have pulled the Arsenal/City game today from broadcast. It's in relation to an Ozil social media post about the treatment of Uighur Muslims in China.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50799009

The Chinese government are quite the sensitive bunch.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement