Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I think it's between Arteta and Vieira personally. Out of the two I'd prefer Arteta but it's a big risk for any ex player.

I allways wanted Pep, I'm hoping Arteta has learned enough and in a few years we could be the new English Barca :)

Ok in an optimist, but we've always had that European flair and Arteta may, just may unlock that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,198 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think it's between Arteta and Vieira personally. Out of the two I'd prefer Arteta but it's a big risk for any ex player.

I allways wanted Pep, I'm hoping Arteta has learned enough and in a few years we could be the new English Barca :)

Ok in an optimist, but we've always had that European flair and Arteta may, just may unlock that.

I read somewhere that Arteta was contemplating a move to the US as his wife and kids are there. She is an actress.
    Don’t know if he’s the man for Arsenal anyway. He seems too easy going for us and as someone else already said, we need a disciplinarian who will change the culture.

I read somewhere that Arteta was contemplating a move to the US as his wife and kids are there. She is an actress.
    Don’t know if he’s the man for Arsenal anyway. He seems too easy going for us and as someone else already said, we need a disciplinarian who will change the culture.

Not sure about his wife but I agree on the disciplinarian, I suspect Edu is heavily involved in this and is be amazed if its a not an ex arsenal man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Ye boys are on virgin media two for free.
    Program starting 530 early kickoff.

I don't mind arsenal either way I only hope rangers loose for the sake of humanity...

Just on a separate note, for those on Twitter or frequent the Gunners Pub, @thegoonerholic is back in hospital and it's terminal. All round good guy, lifetime fan, gentleman.

I'm not a religious guy but delighted to see the club and Freddie send messages, give him a thought today lads if ye get a moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Just on a separate note, for those on Twitter or frequent the Gunners Pub, @thegoonerholic is back in hospital and it's terminal. All round good guy, lifetime fan, gentleman.

I'm not a religious guy but delighted to see the club and Freddie send messages, give him a thought today lads if ye get a moment.

I had seen this last night and was taken aback. I only knew him from twitter but he always seemed a genuine gentleman. Well spoken, well learned and a true diehard Gooner. Heart warming to see the club and Freddie personally send well wishes and I hope should the worst occur we can get a minute silence for him in the ground.

correction wrote: »
    I had seen this last night and was taken aback. I only knew him from twitter but he always seemed a genuine gentleman. Well spoken, well learned and a true diehard Gooner. Heart warming to see the club and Freddie personally send well wishes and I hope should the worst occur we can get a minute silence for him in the ground.

Thanks, known him in the Gunners for 20 years, thought he'd beaten in in November but alas. The club responding shows me were not totally lost

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Wonder is there still a chance we get poch

Wonder is there still a chance we get poch

Can't see it and he also seems to have a clause that he pays back the £12m severance if he jobs another prem club this year and I definitely can't see us paying that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Ill lose all faith if the club bring in Ancelotti. Would remind me of the Luiz signing in the summer, bringing in a manager thats a good half decade past his best and not changing from that status quo. We need an authoritarian figure as our next manager, somebody thats going to get this bunch of under achievers disciplined and getting the best out of them, especially our defenders.

We need to go back to basics and start from the back and make this team hard to beat.

Gobsmacked at this take. A half decade past his best? Ancelotti has gotten the better of Klopp twice in the space of 12 months. Would be an excellent addition for any Premier League side and would do everything you claim there to want to see happen at Arsenal.

• Advertisement

Benitez seemed to be angling for an approach from Arsenal the other night.
    He stated what needed to be done I.e getting the defending right and attacking and defending as a unit without leaving big gaps and being stretched. Pointing out all the mistakes.l
    Looks to me from his body language that he wants the job too.
    Doubt he’ll get an interview though.

Plenty of changes for tonight. Young team. Should be good enough.

Arsenal: Martinez, Sokratis, Luiz, Mavropanos, Maitland-Niles, Guendouzi, Willock, Saka, Nelson, Smith Rowe, Lacazette

Substitutes: Leno, Chambers, Medley, Olayinka, Martinelli, John-Jules, Aubameyang

Shockingly young team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Who's the co commentator on Virgin 2? I get a feeling that he doesn't like Arsenal.

Guendouzi need to calm down

Guendouzi need to calm down

He needs to have that playacting bollocks hammered out of his game.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Who's the co commentator on Virgin 2? I get a feeling that he doesn't like Arsenal.

Keith Andrews i guess

Awful stuff from Mavropanos there. Passed to an opponent on our 18 yard line.
    Very nervous some of these young lads. Need to settle quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Awful defensively. Nice link up between Lacazette and Smith Rowe

Willock doing much better at this level.

Edu has recommended Vieira to the board but apparently Josh now has the final decision from his new desk at the Emirates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,823 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Is it compulsory for co-commentators to hate Arsenal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Edu has recommended Vieira to the board but apparently Josh now has the final decision from his new desk at the Emirates

That would be a hugely underwhelming appointment imo. What has Vieira done to warrant being the new Arsenal manager? His Nice team are currently 13th in Ligue 1. If he wasn’t an ex Arsenal legend he wouldn’t be anywhere in the running for the job.

NDWC wrote: »
    Is it compulsory for co-commentators to hate Arsenal?

Keith Andrews hates everyone equally in his defense..

Cowardly defending again. That's so frustrating.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Cowardly defending again. That's so frustrating.

Very poor from Socrates turning his back. No Purple Hearts won in that defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

So cowardly from sokratis there, ****in hell that's hard to take

wonga77 wrote: »
    So cowardly from sokratis there, ****in hell that's hard to take

Desperate defending.
    Whoever takes over has his work cut out.
    A Christian Bernard needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I'd even put Mustafi ahead of Sokratis....Sokratis has been dreadful since the latter part of last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

We are fookin' atrocious.

Edit
    And so is Kieth Andrews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

Am I right in saying sokratis is out of contract at the end of season? I also remember reading somewhere that he was going to head back to Germany or somewhere as soon as his contract was up. He'd be no loss

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement