Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,061 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

This season, the FA Cup will be a bonus trophy to Liverpool, not a season defining one.

Klopp wants the PL & CL and that is what I want too. I would like to win the FA Cup also, but if we win (only )the PL I will be damn happy with that, as I would be with the CL. The FA Cup would just an added bonus. Already seen the Super Cup & World Club Cup lifted this season as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I couldn't care less about the fa cup this year but I'm fine with the fact that you do.
    My concern which won't be assuaged (hope I'm using that right)

If it was to make me want sausages, then it worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,814 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Anyone keep an eye on Spanish football ? How are Athletico doing

Anyone keep an eye on Spanish football ? How are Athletico doing

They are struggling to score goals. But they still seem to have the Atletico resilience in terms of not conceding goals.

I have a feeling that they will be happy with a 0-0 at home in the first leg, and turn the 2 leg tie into a a leg 90 minute winner takes all tie at Anfield. Where they have draws in their favour also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

FitzShane wrote: »
    They are struggling to score goals. But they still seem to have the Atletico resilience in terms of not conceding goals.

I have a feeling that they will be happy with a 0-0 at home in the first leg, and turn the 2 leg tie into a a leg 90 minute winner takes all tie at Anfield. Where they have draws in their favour also.

They will no doubt try and kick us off the pitch, but I really doubt they will be able to live with our intensity (if we bring it). An away goal at their place really opens up the tie for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭brevity

I don’t really much care for the FA Cup unless we win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

They will no doubt try and kick us off the pitch, but I really doubt they will be able to live with our intensity (if we bring it). An away goal at their place really opens up the tie for us.

Thats my biggest fear. The likes of VVD, Mo and Bobby getting targeted, getting done by Atletico and missing weeks of football afterwards.

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Thats my biggest fear. The likes of VVD, Mo and Bobby getting targeted, getting done by Atletico and missing weeks of football afterwards.

It doesn't really happen anymore well not like it use to especially not in European games ref be all over it,
    Maybe in a final but a two legged game guys will be booked and miss games ,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

It doesn't really happen anymore well not like it use to especially not in European games ref be all over it,
    Maybe in a final but a two legged game guys will be booked and miss games ,

Atletico are the masters of the dark arts though.
    Remember Suarez taking out Robbo last year? now multiple that by ten more sh*thouses.

• Advertisement

Well, we do have a 100% record of both wins and clean sheets in competitive games in the Wanda! :)

manager-of-liverpool-jurgen-klopp-celebrates-with-his-players-and-the-trophy-after-winning-the-uefa-champions-league-tottenham-hotspur-v-liverpool-uefa-champions-league-final-2019-wanda-metropolitano-stadium-madrid-1st-june-2019-TBGFPX.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Are AM still the shi'thouses of football though? Anyone watch them now they are not on SKY?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

They have the best defense in La Liga but struggle to score goals 21 goals in 21 games i think it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,434 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Atletico got knocked out of Cup by a 3rd tier side if I'm correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Atletico got knocked out of Cup by a 3rd tier side if I'm correct.

I'd hold fire on that until we know the outcome on the Shrewsbury game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,916 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Are AM still the shi'thouses of football though? Anyone watch them now they are not on SKY?

Apparently every Spanish team we face are the ****houses of football recently.

Last game against a Spanish side was Barcelona where Robbo had to get subbed at half time from a kick to the knee, before that was the CL Final where Salah was subbed after 30 minutes from a dislocated shoulder.

Even our last pre-season game against a Spanish side resulted in this:

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

I actually think AM are one of the toughest opponents we could have got. They will scrap, fight and happily act like **** houses at every opportunity in order to get through. Our lads will have to fight fire with fire here and 2 years ago id have doubted them but i think they have it in them to match AM in this respect if needed, especially with Robbo leading the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Atletico lost to Eibar away and drew at home with Leganes in their last two league games. Will be a tough game but total faith that the Pool are more than good enough to get the job done over two legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,725 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Did someone say we need a sh1thousér?

thumb_93528_default_news_size_5.jpeg
    ELB0O_7X0AY69XX.jpg
    Screenshot-2018-11-30-10.13.13.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,891 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Henderson vs Costa.
    GentlePoisedAdder-small.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

I've heard many an opposition fan say they hate Robbo so he's defo doing the sh!thouse thing right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Apparently Wijnaldum has been offered a new contract, no sources other than tw@tter so pinch of salt required!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Fieldog wrote: »
    Apparently Wijnaldum has been offered a new contract, no sources other than tw@tter so pinch of salt required!

Great news if true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Wijnaldum & Henderson are 2 players who I can see being similar to Milner in that they'll be good in their 30's.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Great news if true

https://twitter.com/TheKopiteOFF/status/1222478323533733889?s=20

Fingers crossed, no Pearce or anything reporting yet so not sure how reliable these are....

If Maddock is actually reporting it then I would trust it.

Now they may have just added Maddock's name to get clicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Hopefully that's true and he signs it. None of the main players should be let leave until their performances start to drop. Upgrading the squad players with guys that could potentially push the first team should be the aim.

Nope it's bullcrap, nothing on twitter at all.

They are taking liberties with what he actually said.
    According to Dave Maddock, who was talking on Redmen TV, the club WILL offer Wijnaldum an extension – but the issue is not the money on the table – it’s the length of a deal for the 29-year-old.

“They club will offer him a new contract,” Maddock said.

“The key was not that, but that he’s approaching 30-years-old. When Liverpool are looking at contracts, they reward contracts for performance – but they also look at potential sell-on. But the fact is at 30-years-old, you give one more contract, you get nothing for it.

“You have to be sure that when you give that player a contract, it works. If you give him a five year contract, is he going to go on until he’s 35?

“I suspect they’re talking to him about length, not money. They’ll give him the right money.”

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2020/01/29/wijnaldum-contract-situation-explained-by-maddock-money-not-issue-but-ginis-age-is/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Nope it's bullcrap, nothing on twitter at all.

Aren't most new contracts just announced via twitter now with little speculation. Feels that way.

A 3 year extension would all parties then and if Gini sees out those 3 years he will owe the club nothing and should be allowed to leave on a free.

If he or the club want to sell him before the 3 years money is on the table for a sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

No Antonio for West Ham thankfully.

Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Origi, Salah, Firmino

Subs: Adrian, Fabinho, Lovren, Keita, Minamino, Matip, Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

A 3 year extension would all parties then and if Gini sees out those 3 years he will owe the club nothing and should be allowed to leave on a free.

If he or the club want to sell him before the 3 years money is on the table for a sale.

4 year and I agree, like Milner and Leeds..... :pac::pac::pac:

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1222591563391520773

Origi in for Mane

Jones is really part of the senior squad now, until the rest are fit anyway!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Im so fuming with mane - triple captain for the double game week :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Lads what channel is game on ?

None legally

NBCSN

Boo urns on the Gini contract, hopefully it gets done, I like him a lot as a player and seems a nice fella....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

NBCSN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,506 ✭✭✭✭noodler

ardinn wrote: »
    Im so fuming with mane - triple captain for the double game week :mad:

Sure he's been injured since last Thursday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

noodler wrote: »

There was no news on him being out until the press conference and think it's only today that they confirmed he'd be out tonight and v Southampton and due back v Norwich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,506 ✭✭✭✭noodler

8-10 wrote: »
    There was no news on him being out until the press conference and think it's only today that they confirmed he'd be out tonight and v Southampton and due back v Norwich

Ah sure people were talking about six weeks etc.

I dunno, seemed fairly clear to me he wasn't back six days later.

noodler wrote: »

My point was he got injured in the first game of a double game week - and is out tonight aswell. 3 points from a more than possible 40+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

My point was he got injured in the first game of a double game week - and is out tonight aswell. 3 points from a more than possible 40+

I had him as captain, it's annoying but I've learned to live with it. It's more conflicting when Aguero scores a hat trick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Wrong forum mate. Nobody cares about your imaginary coaching job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,916 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Barca now trying to sell Coutinho by the deadline to fund a move for a striker, not been a great two years for him.

https://twitter.com/David74Sanchez/status/1222584308000534532?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Thanks for station.

Difficult game tonight .

But if we win tonight, 70 pts before January over is a record that will never be beaten.

8-10 wrote: »
    Wrong forum mate. Nobody cares about your imaginary coaching job

Go bend yourself - light hearted natter about manes injury - get a life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

If anyone has an ace up their sleeve I'd appreciate if you could stream it over to me via PM

Westham playing two left backs maybe trying Uniteds effort in one of them man marking Trent?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement