Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

i think poch is taking a break for himself.

i think he'll take united over before the end of the season.

i think he will do well, but i would have reservations about what his ceiling is in a team of big dogs where the expectation is to win, alright.

He can take United to a better place than ole. But he won’t make them champions. If he was good enough they would grab him.

seeing bergwijn deal agreed on twitter sources

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,696 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

joeguevara wrote: »
    If Poch was good enough he’d be snapped up and the new club would pay and shortfall that spurs would recoup. It’s simple breach of employment contract. When spurs fired him, they would have had to pay remaining contract. But if he got a new job within that term, spurs wouldn’t be on the hook.

Simple fact is no club has snapped him up. Reason why none of the big clubs like real, or united ( and ole and zz are on the thinnest of ice) is because he is at best above mediocre. He can bring a medium team forward but he will never be a champion.

His tactics were 2d. His man management was shocking. He was petulant and he had no savvy for the transfer market.

As for the constant chants of Enid out. Jaysus. Pool fans were calling for their owners out. We have a stadium worthy of champs. We have to ncreased our stature to every continent. We are attracting players we could only dream about. We have a manager more decorated than 99%.

Who would you prefer over Enic...glaziers....abrahmovich..the Saudis...give alternatives.

:confused: :rolleyes:
    1 trophy in 19 years under the ownership of Enic…. 1 Fcuking Trophy !!!!!!

Lowest net spend …. etc etc

"Attracting players we could only dream about" ??? Really ?

An impressive Ndombele (when hes fit)
    Lo Celso - yes, but I didn't see many other top clubs bidding for him ?
    Sessegnon - no, no hes not a top drawer/player I have dreamt about !
    Son - he wasn't the player he is now, when purchased.

There has been very few "established" top class player we have bought (buy player with 'potential' and hope for the best)

Van Der Vaart
    Modric
    LLoris
    Vertonghen
    Dembele

We have bought in Lidl, when trying to compete with Brown Thomas.

NJie.
    Saha
    Nelson
    Vlad Chiriches
    NKoudou
    Janssen
    Yedlin
    Wimmer
    Stambouli
    Velkojvic
    Holtby
    Capoue
    Khumalo
    Fazio

Theres dozens more ….. All sanctioned by Enic, cheap players , hoping they turn out to be big stars …
    Enic Out

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

counting trophies as the only measure- too simplistic

demanding stars, as if the megabucks transfers work out well for us? weve always done better by buying players that are motivated to play for us and the top tier of players arent as things stand. too simplistic.

three, four years running in the cl and an amazing stadium built, money finally being spent regenerating squad, and weve one of the top "stars" in management in the dugout.

funny time to be losing the head at a board i must say. lots of progress, without denying that pochs time was marred by mistakes all round in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭Glebee

Bergwijin seems to be a done deal. Article from middle of last year does indicate hes decent although sometimes that Dutch league flatters to deceive. Can play left or right wings it seems. Probally end up being sh1te:(

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11755064/steven-bergwijns-potential-is-huge-after-breakthrough-year-with-psv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭golfball37

Lo Celso, Son, Moura, Lamela, Alli, Ndombele even. Yeah we really need another attacking midfielder.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Lo Celso, Son, Moura, Lamela, Alli, Ndombele even. Yeah we really need another attacking midfielder.

not unfair

but of that lot, only moura and lamela are even close to similar in attributes and where/how they play.

now the concern is that bergwijn appears to be a similar type, but then:

son in awful form and no competition
    dele in awful form and no competition
    lo celso plays through the centre from deep and has like six games played for the club
    moura in awful form and no competition
    lamela permanently injured and i love the guy but hes .... a bit rubbish tbh

so again, its not that we are brilliantly served by attacking wide players tbh

id be more concerned that serge aurier is always in the bloody way on anyone we do play wide right, but no current player from the list above operates in that area of the pitch to any decent standard imo

not unfair

but of that lot, only moura and lamela are even close to similar in attributes and where/how they play.

now the concern is that bergwijn appears to be a similar type, but then:

son in awful form and no competition
    dele in awful form and no competition
    lo celso plays through the centre from deep and has like six games played for the club
    moura in awful form and no competition
    lamela permanently injured and i love the guy but hes .... a bit rubbish tbh

so again, its not that we are brilliantly served by attacking wide players tbh

id be more concerned that serge aurier is always in the bloody way on anyone we do play wide right, but no current player from the list above operates in that area of the pitch to any decent standard imo

I'm not disagreeing with you on form/qualities etc. But from a pure numbers point of view we need strikers and a FBs far more urgently.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We've just going for the Harry school of score more than them :pac:

I'm not disagreeing with you on form/qualities etc. But from a pure numbers point of view we need strikers and a FBs far more urgently.

oh yeah, agreed!

dmc and cf for me need big upgrades for the way jose is trying to play, even moreso than fb (jose is carrying on in pochs shoes there- "whatever ye do, dont defend anyway lads")

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

so the eriksen saga is finally over

see GLC made permanent also

announced a minute apart, lol

counting trophies as the only measure- too simplistic

demanding stars, as if the megabucks transfers work out well for us? weve always done better by buying players that are motivated to play for us and the top tier of players arent as things stand. too simplistic.

three, four years running in the cl and an amazing stadium built, money finally being spent regenerating squad, and weve one of the top "stars" in management in the dugout.

funny time to be losing the head at a board i must say. lots of progress, without denying that pochs time was marred by mistakes all round in the end.

Too simplistic ?
    Really ? Are you Daniel Levy …… ???

I don't see any Kilkenny hurlers saying the medals aren't important, because Nowlan Park is a fine pitch...

Medals matter.... Titles matter....
    Look at Liverpool .. 2 years ago we beat them 4-1 …..

Enic have made a balls of their tenure , overall, due to their penny pinching.

ENIC OUT

greenspurs wrote: »
    Too simplistic ?
    Really ? Are you Daniel Levy …… ???

I don't see any Kilkenny hurlers saying the medals aren't important, because Nowlan Park is a fine pitch...

Medals matter.... Titles matter....
    Look at Liverpool .. 2 years ago we beat them 4-1 …..

Enic have made a balls of their tenure , overall, due to their penny pinching.

ENIC OUT

of course medals matter and we all want to see the club be successful

but to secure the long term future of the club and to break our wage cap we needed to increase revenue with a larger stadium- JOB DONE

we needed to improve training facilities to attract the big names and improve our image and our coaching standards- JOB DONE

we needed a top class successful manager who will attract the players and hopefully take us to the next level- JOB DONE

OK we FAILED to invest in the squad and build on a successful unit but the signs in this January window are encouraging with the signing of players requested by the manager, fernandes and Bergwin with Piatek to come by all accounts, de celso now signed on a permanent deal
    4 deals in january, when was the last time we did that

deadwood going in eriksen and rose, KWP too hopefully. If we could just shift waynama then we are genuinely starting to back a manager

anyway even Kilkenny have barren patches

of course medals matter and we all want to see the club be successful

but to secure the long term future of the club and to break our wage cap we needed to increase revenue with a larger stadium- JOB DONE

we needed to improve training facilities to attract the big names and improve our image and our coaching standards- JOB DONE

we needed a top class successful manager who will attract the players and hopefully take us to the next level- JOB DONE

OK we FAILED to invest in the squad and build on a successful unit but the signs in this January window are encouraging with the signing of players requested by the manager, fernandes and Bergwin with Piatek to come by all accounts, de celso now signed on a permanent deal
    4 deals in january, when was the last time we did that

deadwood going in eriksen and rose, KWP too hopefully. If we could just shift waynama then we are genuinely starting to back a manager

anyway even Kilkenny have barren patches

1 title in 19 years ?? Barren, or no ambition?

Without investing and building on the 'successful' (?? top4 ??) the board have failed.
    None of the rest means anything without titles.

Fancy training pitches, and heated seats in the changing rooms mean fcuk all to me! They are there to pamper the (underperforming) players that have worn our jersey over the last 5 - 10 seasons.

Moving the deadwood is great- Poch wanted it done 18months ago though … .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Enic have done fairly well. We were in poor shape before they came along. Yes we won a few cups but we were just a mid table nothing club. Never really getting near challenging for the league. We were a bit like Everton are now but not spending as much as them.

Of course Enic cuda done better. There are also lots of teams who have worse owners.

Enic are heading in the right direction IMO.

yeah because we are kilkenny in any such metaphor. definitely, we're the best of the best and a year without a trophy is a tragedy, yeah thats us, kilkenny

because theres nothing like comparing an amateur ethos, no-transfers sport to epl upper tier to really make a clear point about how spurs *become* kilkenny

its a long long time since spurs were at the top table. referencing the last league cup is pointless, that did nothing and would do nothing for us. nor did the one before. the fa cup isnt what it was so 1991 isnt worth calling back to either.

spurs have been a bigger club the past three or four years than has been the case since probably the early 80s. these things are measured in more meaningful steps than bloody league cups ffs.

we arent starting from kilkenny. we're starting from the pack behind the big dogs. and there's no way to close that gap without a plan that puts the elements in place that draw the best talent to the club.

we jumped ahead of that plan under poch, it wasn't sustainable and levy failed badly to react to the new landscape

but the idea that a league cup wouldve been preferable or in any way been an adequate replacement to any one out of a run of cl qualifications, a world class stadium, world class training facilities is frankly nonsense.

yep, we should've backed poch. but the stadium couldnt be put on hold at that stage of proceedings.

yep, we shouldve paid wages commensurate to our success on the pitch to avoid players getting restless while the club achieved success above and beyond.

but handwaving away the concrete, *necessary* achievements that have happened while constantly referencing trophies and only trophies is laughable.

birmingham won the league cup in 2011, gwan and tell us what that's worth?

we arent starting from any pole positions, and we punched above our weight for three years- raging that that came to an end and insisting that it was worthless is a view you're free to take. plenty of us can see the strides made in that time that should stand to us for many years yet.

in fact, I'll go one further

failure to celebrate the achievements of cl qualification, learning to progress in that competition while qualifying again multiple times, bringing through youth, building a stadium, etc is probably a major input into the players, poch, the club taking their collective eye off the ball and losing spirit, togetherness and focus

imagine getting all that done and some fella barking at you that you hadnt won a league cup!

1 title in 19 years ?? Barren, or no ambition?

Without investing and building on the 'successful' (?? top4 ??) the board have failed.
    None of the rest means anything without titles.

Fancy training pitches, and heated seats in the changing rooms mean fcuk all to me! They are there to pamper the (underperforming) players that have worn our jersey over the last 5 - 10 seasons.

Moving the deadwood is great- Poch wanted it done 18months ago though … .

Well I have had the privilege of sitting in that new stadium and I can tell you it means something to me, a fabulous facility that everyone associated with Spurs should be proud off
    What it has done for the profile of this club should never be under estimated,

yeah because we are kilkenny in any such metaphor. definitely, we're the best of the best and a year without a trophy is a tragedy, yeah thats us, kilkenny

because theres nothing like comparing an amateur ethos, no-transfers sport to epl upper tier to really make a clear point about how spurs *become* kilkenny

its a long long time since spurs were at the top table. referencing the last league cup is pointless, that did nothing and would do nothing for us. nor did the one before. the fa cup isnt what it was so 1991 isnt worth calling back to either.

spurs have been a bigger club the past three or four years than has been the case since probably the early 80s. these things are measured in more meaningful steps than bloody league cups ffs.

we arent starting from kilkenny. we're starting from the pack behind the big dogs. and there's no way to close that gap without a plan that puts the elements in place that draw the best talent to the club.

we jumped ahead of that plan under poch, it wasn't sustainable and levy failed badly to react to the new landscape

but the idea that a league cup wouldve been preferable or in any way been an adequate replacement to any one out of a run of cl qualifications, a world class stadium, world class training facilities is frankly nonsense.

yep, we should've backed poch. but the stadium couldnt be put on hold at that stage of proceedings.

yep, we shouldve paid wages commensurate to our success on the pitch to avoid players getting restless while the club achieved success above and beyond.

but handwaving away the concrete, *necessary* achievements that have happened while constantly referencing trophies and only trophies is laughable.

birmingham won the league cup in 2011, gwan and tell us what that's worth?

we arent starting from any pole positions, and we punched above our weight for three years- raging that that came to an end and insisting that it was worthless is a view you're free to take. plenty of us can see the strides made in that time that should stand to us for many years yet.
    in fact, I'll go one further

failure to celebrate the achievements of cl qualification, learning to progress in that competition while qualifying again multiple times, bringing through youth, building a stadium, etc is probably a major input into the players, poch, the club taking their collective eye off the ball and losing spirit, togetherness and focus

imagine getting all that done and some fella barking at you that you hadnt won a league cup!

You are Daniel Levy.

I said not winning trophies ...titles ...

I didn't specify the "League Cup" that you constantly reference.

Spurs will never win a league title while Enic are there !
    NEVER.

What do you think about Giroud then Daniel ?
    Massive ambition shown there ! ffs ….

#Lidl
    Enic Out

• Advertisement

Well I have had the privilege of sitting in that new stadium and I can tell you it means something to me, a fabulous facility that everyone associated with Spurs should be proud off
    What it has done for the profile of this club should never be under estimated,

yes... You paid a premium price to watch the likes of Dier and Aurier tie their own legs in knots ….

Do we get a title for "Best Stadium" … ? :rolleyes:

Come on lads , its getting a bit laughable with the "World class training ground " and fabulous facilities ….

Try set your standards as high for the playing squad …..

EnicOut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Can't say it better than this post

https://mobile.twitter.com/AbdulTHFC/status/1222150223138557953?s=19

#ImWithDaniel #EnicIN

yes... You paid a premium price to watch the likes of Dier and Aurier tie their own legs in knots ….

Come on lads , its getting a bit laughable with the "World class training ground " and fabulous facilities ….

EnicOut

actually no, quite a reasonable price for london TBH

seen some of our better players on show, (id always try to look on the bright side, funny enough having ur kids with you tends to do that)

you keep going on about signing better players well let me ask you this

do you think the current improvements in the clubs facilities and status and the higher wage cap and current manager will attract better players

EnicOut

You say ENIC out...who do you want in?

You are Daniel Levy.

are you george graham?

official confirmation of bergwijn on a five year deal

lo celso confirmed
    winger/striker signed
    central midfielder signed

all under 23, all good prospects

#enicout

We still really need a DM and a striker, but this is already more business then i expected us to do this window.

Kiith wrote: »
    We still really need a DM and a striker, but this is already more business then i expected us to do this window.

yep

striker as an absolute priority, and i wouldnt mind a "B" grade professional if he could hold the ball up, serve as target man and cover for kane when he's back.

i do think jose should have blooded parrott in the last several weeks though, it would have given fans and player alike a boost and id imagine his contract would be signed now.

CDM, and I'll regret saying this the next time i see him actually playing, is at least covered in principle by dier, who we should be able to expect more from if he really is over a long-term illness. the guy went from england international (on merit) to absolute junk but he is the most aggressive and physical player we have and a hell of a tackler. id love to see him back in the form of a few years ago.

and ye think im not sentimental :-)

If only we could get rid of a few now.

• Advertisement

it seems this Piatek guy is a dead cert today as well

I'd love to see Dier back to his old form as well, but i just don't see it. Not sure if it's his fitness or confidence, but he looks terrible most of the time. He was a beast that first year. As for outgoings, Rose and Wanyama are really the only two who might go. Possibly Vert, though i suspect that won't happen till the summer.
    it seems this Piatek guy is a dead cert today as well
    The Times are reporting we are offering Lamela in art exchange for him, which i really hope doesn't happen. I love Lamela, if for nothing other then his desire on the pitch.

i think its more likely foyth goes than piatek joins tbh

Jose has little time for such careless centre backs

I'd love to see Dier back to his old form as well, but i just don't see it. Not sure if it's his fitness or confidence, but he looks terrible most of the time. He was a beast that first year. As for outgoings, Rose and Wanyama are really the only two who might go. Possibly Vert, though i suspect that won't happen till the summer.

The Times are reporting we are offering Lamela in art exchange for him, which i really hope doesn't happen. I love Lamela, if for nothing other then his desire on the pitch.

Couldn't see Lamela leaving. He looks like he could create a good partnership with Lo Celso. He really tries his hardest when on pitch but plagued with injuries.

Bit worried that Ndombele mightn't be physically cut out for the PL by constantly picking up injuries after strong tackles.

actually no, quite a reasonable price for london TBH

seen some of our better players on show, (id always try to look on the bright side, funny enough having ur kids with you tends to do that)

you keep going on about signing better players well let me ask you this

do you think the current improvements in the clubs facilities and status and the higher wage cap and current manager will attract better players

They WOULD attract better players , if Enic were actively persuing them ,and paying them the wages that they can get at other clubs ...
    You say ENIC out...who do you want in?
    One of the Sheik/Russian oligarchs that will use Spurs as their pet project, and want to win trophies.

I think that is why Enic have built the "world class" training facilites and stadium - They will sell up soon (hopefully)
    are you george graham?

:confused: George Graham wanted Enic out?
    He wanted to sign Giroud ? Maybe Gallas is match fit ?

Enic Out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

One of the Sheik/Russian oligarchs that will use Spurs as their pet project, and want to win trophies.

I don't, I'd rather earn it through having a well run club

• Advertisement

They WOULD attract better players , if Enic were actively persuing them ,and paying them the wages that they can get at other clubs ...

I think that is why Enic have built the "world class" training facilites and stadium - They will sell up soon (hopefully)

:confused: George Graham wanted Enic out?
    He wanted to sign Giroud ? Maybe Gallas is match fit ?

Enic Out

So you have no issue with an ogliarch using us a pet project and discarding us when a new toy comes along as opposed to a company who always seems to be focussed on achieving long term stability?

I don't, I'd rather earn it through having a well run club
    So you have no issue with an ogliarch using us a pet project and discarding us when a new toy comes along as opposed to a company who always seems to be focussed on achieving long term stability?

Chelsea taken over by Abramovich in 2003 ? 17 years later , still going 'strong' . With plenty of titles in the bag .

Man City taken over by Khaldoon Al Mubarak in 2008 - not going too bad is it ?

Liverpool taken over in 2010 by NESV (Tom Henry) - reaping the rewards now.

Speculate to accumulate.

To Dare is Too Dear seems to be Enics motto.
    They havent the stomach to financially back the manager/club to the extent we actually have something to show for their tenure !

Chelsea taken over by Abramovich in 2003 ? 17 years later , still going 'strong' . With plenty of titles in the bag .

Speculate to accumulate.

They havent the stomach to financially back the manager/club to the extent we actually have something to show for their tenure !

City owners have serious human rights concerns.

Abrahmovic serious human rights concerns and links to Putin

Are these the type of owners you would want?

Btw, was only two years ago that Liverpool supporters were shouting for Fenwayy out. Imagine if they had got their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

You are Daniel Levy.

I said not winning trophies ...titles ...

I didn't specify the "League Cup" that you constantly reference.

Spurs will never win a league title while Enic are there !
    NEVER.

What do you think about Giroud then Daniel ?
    Massive ambition shown there ! ffs ….

#Lidl
    Enic Out

Yeah they are failures. I remember the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s when we were up to our bollox in league titles.

Speculate to accumulate.

Not fair to equate Liverpool with the other two. John Henry has not been a sugar daddy and certainly not broken FFP rules. They sold Coutinho and signed VvD and Alison on the back of it. Its just excellent top to bottom management all round.

• Advertisement

Not fair to equate Liverpool with the other two. John Henry has not been a sugar daddy and certainly not broken FFP rules. They sold Coutinho and signed VvD and Alison on the back of it. Its just excellent top to bottom management all round.

It was still a takeover.
    I have complimented Liverpool, and the way they are run numerous times on here.
    I have said they are the template for clubs to follow imo.
    Sold a top player to fund their buying of 2 players that they were in real need of.
    They bought them , and within 2 years they have won 3 trophies, and are about to win the league !!

Our owners must be able to see what we lack.
    Striker , def midfielder, and full backs ….

What have we gotten ? 3 midfielders !! :confused:

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Yeah they are failures. I remember the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s when we were up to our bollox in league titles.

I don't know what you mean here ?

When we won the double ?
    Fa cups ?
    Uefa cups?

Football League Champions: 1950/1951, 1960/1961
    The FA Cup Winners: 1900/1901, 1920/1921, 1960/1961, 1961/1962, 1966/1967, 1980/1981, 1981/1982, 1990/1991
    Football League Cup Winners: 1970/1971, 1972/1973, 1998/1999, 2007/2008
    European Cup-Winners Cup Winners: 1962/1963
    UEFA Cup Winners: 1971/1972, 1983/1984
    FA Charity Shield Winners: 1920/1921, 1951/1952, 1961/1962, 1962/1963, 1967/1968 (joint), 1981/1982 (joint), 1991/1992 (joint)

We used to be able to win Trophies !!

"The game is about Glory"

I don't know what you mean here ?

When we won the double ?
    Fa cups ?
    Uefa cups?

Football League Champions: 1950/1951, 1960/1961
    The FA Cup Winners: 1900/1901, 1920/1921, 1960/1961, 1961/1962, 1966/1967, 1980/1981, 1981/1982, 1990/1991
    Football League Cup Winners: 1970/1971, 1972/1973, 1998/1999, 2007/2008
    European Cup-Winners Cup Winners: 1962/1963
    UEFA Cup Winners: 1971/1972, 1983/1984
    FA Charity Shield Winners: 1920/1921, 1951/1952, 1961/1962, 1962/1963, 1967/1968 (joint), 1981/1982 (joint), 1991/1992 (joint)

We used to be able to win Trophies !!

right.

allowing the league cup but not the charity shield (ffs), thats......17 trophies in.......13 decades (starting from 1888 as the date we joined the league, if im correct)

11 of those came in a 3 decade run from 58-87

so in the other 10 decades we scooped.......6 trophies.

if you were a fan of spurs all those years carrying on like you do in this thread, you would spend a lot of your time ranting looking for trophies and miserable.

have all of our owners always been absolute morons?

ok, maybe league position.

leaving out years we werent in the top division, and only going back to 1921 cause it gets messy before then, our average league placement for the decades read in order:

competition and resources required to compete have never been greater, and our facilities have never been better relative to our competition, and yet we have never historically performed as consistently in the league, all while staying stable as a club financially and not supporting owners that would frankly shame anyone with any morals.

so congrats, under enic in two decades we are exactly two league titles down on our combined total under every other owner we have ever had in the 11 other decades of our existence, but are performing consistently better. what a disastrous run of.......better than expected performance.

we were ahistorically successful in the thirty year period from 60 through to 90, fell to bits just at the wrong moment as the premier league formed and it is in fact only under ENIC that we have recovered.

you are demanding FA cups instead of champions league qualification.

if we had won four FA cups in the past decade and never qualified for the CL you'd be in here roaring "ENIC out"

owners arent perfect but deciding that only your measure is the relevant one and again insisting that nothing else counts as progress is a choice that we can all make ourselves.

Piatek to hertha looks done

Ah at this stage I believe some people are Enic out and their not for turning. Entitled to their opinions.

Some of us are of the opinion that Enic are doing fairly well, and we are improving.

Trying to debate with people who have decided they want Enic out is futile IMO.

I have decided to ignore the Enic out calls until I see them failing and we become as bad or worse than before they bought Tottenham Hotspur FC.

KWP to Southampton for the season on loan.

He needs that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭Glebee

Piatek to hertha looks done

Good, pure desperation buy there. If hes willing to go to Herta Berlin hes not what we need.

rose to newcastle til end of season, 2m fee and his wages off the books and the toxic little pox out of the squad

fine player, no better at watching his post or his man than he ought be and good riddance imo

Easily pleased then , aren't yee.

Don't worry , they will sell up soon for a massive profit...

right.

allowing the league cup but not the charity shield (ffs), thats......17 trophies in.......13 decades (starting from 1888 as the date we joined the league, if im correct)

11 of those came in a 3 decade run from 58-87

so in the other 10 decades we scooped.......6 trophies.

if you were a fan of spurs all those years carrying on like you do in this thread, you would spend a lot of your time ranting looking for trophies and miserable.

have all of our owners always been absolute morons?

ok, maybe league position.

leaving out years we werent in the top division, and only going back to 1921 cause it gets messy before then, our average league placement for the decades read in order:

competition and resources required to compete have never been greater, and our facilities have never been better relative to our competition, and yet we have never historically performed as consistently in the league, all while staying stable as a club financially and not supporting owners that would frankly shame anyone with any morals.

so congrats, under enic in two decades we are exactly two league titles down on our combined total under every other owner we have ever had in the 11 other decades of our existence, but are performing consistently better. what a disastrous run of.......better than expected performance.

we were ahistorically successful in the thirty year period from 60 through to 90, fell to bits just at the wrong moment as the premier league formed and it is in fact only under ENIC that we have recovered.

you are demanding FA cups instead of champions league qualification.

if we had won four FA cups in the past decade and never qualified for the CL you'd be in here roaring "ENIC out"

owners arent perfect but deciding that only your measure is the relevant one and again insisting that nothing else counts as progress is a choice that we can all make ourselves.

You always condescending ? :rolleyes:
    Anyway , what will you say when we don't qualify for the Champions Lge this year ?
    Will all you apologists say then, but we changed manager/transition/new players are the reason ?

Will you be delighted when Levy gets Giroud in ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement