Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New policy cheaper than renewal - explain!

Options
  • 13-01-2020 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

My renewal letter arrived and my insurance has gone up from €341.26 to €426.63. Thats over €85 more without any claims or anything changing since I took the policy out. In fact I have an extra years no claims, still have zero penalty points and I'm another year older. So I went online and started a new quote with the same details on Liberty's website and got a quote for €409. So it appears I am not being rewarded for loyalty or having an even cleaner driver record. For the record, in 2018 I paid €315. Please explain!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,535 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

$tormer wrote: »
    My renewal letter arrived and my insurance has gone up from €341.26 to €426.63. Thats over €85 more without any claims or anything changing since I took the policy out. In fact I have an extra years no claims, still have zero penalty points and I'm another year older. So I went online and started a new quote with the same details on Liberty's website and got a quote for €409. So it appears I am not being rewarded for loyalty or having an even cleaner driver record. For the record, in 2018 I paid €315. Please explain!
    you aren't
    Shop around, never accept a renewal quote.
    This is not unique to liberty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Check other companies. Liberty have just shown you they have no loyalty to you, so why should you be loyal to them?

• Company Representative Posts: 35 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Rachel

Hi $tormer,

Can you please PM your policy number and the quote reference number and I will check this for you.

Thanks Rachel

• Registered Users Posts: 13 $tormer

Hi $tormer,

Can you please PM your policy number and the quote reference number and I will check this for you.

Thanks Rachel
    Yes I will DM you the details but can you please explain why my renewal is €85 higher than last year without any claims or penalty points? I now have 13 years no claims bonus and 36 years of age, same car, same address, same job, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yes I will DM you the details but can you please explain why my renewal is €85 higher than last year without any claims or penalty points? I now have 13 years no claims bonus and 36 years of age, same car, same address, same job, etc.

Because most people are shmucks and will just pay it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 $tormer

Uodate: So I got contacted by a lovely lady on the phone from Liberty who confirmed my details. I was able to get my car insurance at a cost of €387. Very decent considering other quotes I got. I shopped around and next best quote was €479 from AIB. The rest ranged from well over 500 to beyond 800 for TPFT! No wonder theyre making massive profits year on year!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Fazorb

Uodate: So I got contacted by a lovely lady on the phone from Liberty who confirmed my details. I was able to get my car insurance at a cost of €387. Very decent considering other quotes I got. I shopped around and next best quote was €479 from AIB. The rest ranged from well over 500 to beyond 800 for TPFT! No wonder theyre making massive profits year on year!
    Hi,

Are Liberty insurance adjusting policy costs to reflect the lack of driving days?

I have my renewal today, despite another 1 years no claims bonus and the drop in me being on the road, yet again there is an increase.

Surely this is in error? Can I request a callback from yourselves to discuss a reduction if you would like me to continue with this policy.

Advertisement