Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryanair: two boarding passes on one phone?

• 15-07-2019 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

I booked flights for myself and my wife on my phone.

I always book on my phone and also use it for my boarding pass.

I have checked in and now have two boarding passes in my Ryanair app.

Can we use these to get through the airport, or will I have to print off her boarding pass?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Dinarius wrote: »
    I booked flights for myself and my wife on my phone.

I always book on my phone and also use it for my boarding pass.

I have checked in and now have two boarding passes in my Ryanair app.

Can we use these to get through the airport, or will I have to print off her boarding pass?

Thanks.

D.

Yeah you can , just scan yours and hand to phone to your wife then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

I've used 4 on the one phone before. There's no issue at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭The Mulk

mightyreds wrote: »
    Yeah you can , just scan yours and hand to phone to your wife then

Yeah I usually screen shot mine and use the images, incase the app ever started playing up.
    I always have 4 on mine. Me, wife and 2 kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭AhrSkidar

Four in our family and I always have all the boarding passes on my phone. No problem at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,809 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The Mulk wrote: »
    Yeah I usually screen shot mine and use the images, incase the app ever started playing up.
    I always have 4 on mine. Me, wife and 2 kids.

This, in case the app plays up, screenshot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Strumms wrote: »
    This, in case the app plays up, screenshot

And send them to the wife by WhatsApp on the way to the airport, in case my phone diesðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Cheers all!

Thanks.

D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Nice one, some good tips here, need to check in now for a family of 5 tonight so I just hope that 4 isn’t the limit as I see that’s the largest number posted above. I’m kinda new to Ryanair travelling.

We have booked with abbey travel so have a weird login, not our own email address so does anyone know if this might cause issues with using the app for the boarding passes? On way out we just printed them off.

Was also thinking of having the app on iPad and phone as a backup. Will this be ok? We only have one phone between us so can’t what’s app screen shots.

Seve OB wrote: »
    Nice one, some good tips here, need to check in now for a family of 5 tonight so I just hope that 4 isn’t the limit as I see that’s the largest number posted above. I’m kinda new to Ryanair travelling.

We have booked with abbey travel so have a weird login, not our own email address so does anyone know if this might cause issues with using the app for the boarding passes? On way out we just printed them off.

Was also thinking of having the app on iPad and phone as a backup. Will this be ok? We only have one phone between us so can’t what’s app screen shots.

Traveling back from Birmingham recently, a group of about 15 men coming from a sporting event were boarding in front of us. One guy had all the boarding passes on his phone. When the last guy went to scan his boarding pass, the phone died! Ryanair staff used their loaves and just asked him to step aside until everyone else had boarded and then checked him on. The moral of the story is for passes to be on more than one phone!

Save screenshots of passes onto iPad too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There’s no issue having multiple passes on one phone.

If you have an iPhone, you can send a copy of her pass to your wife from Wallet. Otherwise, screenshot her pass and send it to her as backup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Seve OB wrote: »

Have traveled with 5 before so that's no problem, if you are in a hotel could you mail them to reception and get them to print them off as a backup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Thanks for the tip on the screen shot, it's a good idea to have a bank up just in case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Actually just checked in on laptop. It gave me a pdf of the boarding cards. I was able to email them to hotel reception who kindly printed them out for me. Much easier than mucking around with phones and iPads.

I’m not used to this lark. I’ve removed myself from smart phones recently for sanity purposes so only have an aul Nokia these days myself.

Advertisement