Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plymouth Bamako Challenge

Options
  • 14-07-2019 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Looking to see if there would be anyone interested in doing this. I'm wanting to do it, but need a team mate and can't convince any of my mates to abandon their wives and drive across Africa!

It's basically a challenge to drive a banger from the south of Spain to Bamako in Mali. Its on just after Christmas where usually about 100 teams in cars leave in convoy and cross Morocco, the Sahara and into Mali.

It would likely cost something in the region of €2000 to €3000 for the 3 weeks.

Anyone interested in trying to get an entry for December 2019?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 colasta

And for anyone wondering... I'm a 41yo, separated, self employed male. I have a very basic knowledge of mechanics. I'm easygoing, friendly, enjoy a few drinks and a bit of craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

You do realise that Mali is in the middle of escalating ethnic violence at the moment? And it wasn't exactly stable before this.

Advertisement