Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 years named driver experience but a gap?

Options
  • 09-07-2019 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Geting back out on my own after i let my own no claims bonus expire (i know stupid but was off travelling). I do have last 6 years named though on my partners policy but theres a gap of about a year in the middle. Are they all strict on the gap and does it have to be straight 6 years.I looked at Kennco but are there any others you think i should try? Assuming brokers are best at this stage?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Anyone?

zweton wrote: »
    Geting back out on my own after i let my own no claims bonus expire (i know stupid but was off travelling). I do have last 6 years named though on my partners policy but theres a gap of about a year in the middle. Are they all strict on the gap and does it have to be straight 6 years.I looked at Kennco but are there any others you think i should try? Assuming brokers are best at this stage?

Thanks

I had a gap in mine, a few years back, as I was not working and could not afford to keep car on the road.
    Told them the reason and there was no issue, it was only for 4 months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

As far as I know you only loose your NCB after a 2 year gap.
    If I were you I would call the insurance or broker and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Yeah it's a 2 year gap before you loose your NCB.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I came within 3 days of the having not had a policy in my own name for 2 years and was told that as long as it was less than 2 years, it was fine.
    Ring the company (or companies) you were insured with throughout the 6 year period and ask them to send you confirmation of the time when you were insured.

The letter covering the latest year you were insured should confirm the amount of 'no claims' bonus you had earned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Named driver experience doesn't give you any entitlement, it's different to a no claims bonus. With driving experience, it's down to what a prospective insurer might want to offer you and you'll only know that by talking to each of them

Advertisement