Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GHOST 3 Arena Wed Nov 20th

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The Nal wrote: »
    Thats cool.

Yeah most venues add on 20-25% for merch. The queues last night were mental.

When I arrived, just as ATW were starting, the queue at the merch stand on the ground floor was mental alright but upstairs it was empty.

Also, at others gigs I’ve been at there, you couldn’t move down from the seats to the standing but there was no issue last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Arghus wrote: »
    If you paid full price for a ticket, then that behaviour is just... bizarre.

he was home before beddy byes though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭WealthyB

Brilliant gig, great setlist. Didn't look into what to expect and was glad - I definitely didn't expect to hear Satan Prayer!! Square Hammer was a great encore.

Little bit too much talking from Toby-Ass as the girls behind me were calling him, but that's nitpicking on my part. Think they can drop the 3 min Cirice intro at this stage too. Otherwise they were tight af and even though the vocals were lost on a few occasions, it didn't detract as I was signing every word to myself anyway.

Been following this band for years, seeing them headline was a dream for a long time, asses were definitely wobbled last night !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Only saw some of tribulation. Didn't know any of their songs but they seemed decent enough.

I thought the first 3 or 4 songs ATW did were painful, particular the guitar. Jesus it was like a cat being murdered. The pitch was just so high I was getting a headache from it. It seemed to settle down then and they were alright, bareable anyway.

Thought ghost were excellent. Wanted to see them in the summer but couldn't bring myself to head to slane. There was a lot of childish humour from Tobias alright but that's the character isn't it? His latest incarnation is supposed to be a childish, mistevous priest right? If he wasn't carrying on like that then he would have been out of character. Great stage presence and the band all round were excellent.

Felt the crowd was really lacking atmosphere wise though. I'd put that down to a combination of it being a midweek gig and I'm sure quiet a lot would maybe not have known all their songs.

Another thing I loved was the gap between Dance massacre and the encore. He was only off the stage for about 20 seconds before they started Square Hammer. Meant we didn't have to hear 'One More Tune' chants or even worse, the olé, olé, olé sh1te that always seems to appear before encores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If you paid full price for a ticket, then that behaviour is just... bizarre.

Not really, whatever floats your boat

Alice Cooper supporting Def Leppard about 5yrs ago, people leaving in droves after Alice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭bennyl10

scudzilla wrote: »

Alice Cooper supporting Def Leppard about 5yrs ago, people leaving in droves after Alice

Bit of a difference between AC and ATW though

Yeah, I bought a Linkin Park ticket at the RDS just to see QOTSA and left after Queens finished. I also know a few people who left (and you could see droves heading to the exits) after the Pixies played when they were supporting the RHCP in the Phoenix Park. Chilis are awful that day, I wish I had left too..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Yeah, I bought a Linkin Park ticket at the RDS just to see QOTSA and left after Queens finished. I also know a few people who left (and you could see droves heading to the exits) after the Pixies played when they were supporting the RHCP in the Phoenix Park. Chilis are awful that day, I wish I had left too..!!

Pixies were FANTASTIC that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

To each their own, but I still think it's madness.

If I had paid for the ticket, I'd stick around. Even if I was only there to see the support, I'd at least give the other bands a bit of a chance. Why not? Even watching from afar. What is there to lose? Unless you absolutely hate them, it just seems like someone desperately trying to prove some point.

It's like paying for a cinema ticket and leaving after the trailers IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭Dartz

I enjoyed that. Don't normally end up in the standing but me mates were down there. Not a fan of being down in the crowd - always afraid of whalloping someone.

Crowd did seem a bit dead - almost right to the end but there was a bit of necromancy from Papa Emeritus there now. Part of it might be that the support were mostly dead. I saw a few folks get into them and that was it. Most just stood and waited for Ghost to come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭flasher0030

To each their own, but I still think it's madness.

If I had paid for the ticket, I'd stick around. Even if I was only there to see the support, I'd at least give the other bands a bit of a chance. Why not? Even watching from afar. What is there to lose? Unless you absolutely hate them, it just seems like someone desperately trying to prove some point.

It's like paying for a cinema ticket and leaving after the trailers IMO.

I agree. Stinks of music snobbery - "I was there for the lesser-known "alternative" band, but I'm too cool to stick around for the popular band". It's not like it was €10 entrance fee into the local pub to see something and kinda take it or leave it. It's the guts of €60, and bit of an effort heading out for the night to 3Arena. I'd want to be getting proper value for my financial outlay and the bit of effort expended, even if I knew nothing about the band.

Thought this was a great show.
    Was standing at the barrier back at the sound desk right in the middle.
    I thought the sound was perfect there, could make out everything, even the tambourine when it was used. Best sound I’ve heard in ages,
    The sound for Tribulation I felt was shocking, nothing was clear but suppose that’s the support band price they pay.
    ATW not my thing at all, but had a good spot so couldn’t move away.
    Ghost started so strong I wondered how they keep it going, but they did, it was a right feel good gig and great fun.
    The stage show was great, I used to think you need fire and explosions to make a great gig :) but Ghost changed that, I’m now a fan of confetti , the effect with the lights was pretty cool.
    Great night, will go see them when they return, whenever that is.

Would never have thought of looking there, thanks

their IG page has pics also
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B5G4981hHLH/
    https://www.instagram.com/thebandghost/

Advertisement