Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GHOST 3 Arena Wed Nov 20th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

Good show. Don’t know all their songs by any means but was kept entertained throughout. Great lights/effects/pyro too.

On stage at 9pm sharp too which was nice.

Tobias has a great stage presence. Also, i think it was the bassist - is some headbanger!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Great gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Great gig but less talking and more songs

There was some real juvenile humour I’d have expected at a Steel Panther or Blink 182 gig

Meh, think they play 20 or so songs which isn’t bad for <2 hours

Ya he waffled on for a while alright. Quite enjoyed him for the most part though.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Well surpassed my expectations. Had no problem with the silly dialogue. That's just Ghost world. And thank **** he's doing it. There's enough boring ass Burly Boys metulz in the world with no talking, no stage presence etc. Ghost have exploited their schtick for all its worth and it's a beautiful thing.

• Advertisement

What was there? I’m thinking around the 6k mark?

Had no problem getting a pint or the luas out

• Registered Users Posts: 21,149 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Great gig. Near 2 hours of just great fun, crowd into it, band were class, all had their roles and nailed them. Exceeded my expectations.

Standing (not including under balcony) was fairly full, looked like good amount of seats sold too. So maybe over 6k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Really enjoyed it although I thought the sound was a bit muddled (I was sitting in block D). The vocals were lost a bit at times. Great performances from the band and the stage and pyro etc. were amazing.

Didn’t see the first band and ATW weren’t my thing really. I’m going to sound like what my Dad use to say to me when I was a kid but at times they sounded like they were each playing different songs. They know how to drag the arse out of a song anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Really enjoyed it although I thought the sound was a bit muddled (I was sitting in block D). The vocals were lost a bit at times. Great performances from the band and the stage and pyro etc. we’re amazing.

Didn’t see the first band and ATW weren’t my thing really. I’m going to sound like what my Dad use to say to me when I was a kid but at times they sounded like they were each playing different songs. They know how to drag the arse out of a song anyway.

Thought I was the oy one who thought that the vocals were lost in the mix quite a bit.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Went for ATW only. Left before Ghost came on.

Not bragging or anything but I was home by 9.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

The Nal wrote: »

I don't think anyone would view this as bragging.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

jaysus you saw the 3rd best band!

Great gig but less talking and more songs

There was some real juvenile humour I’d have expected at a Steel Panther or Blink 182 gig

ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Missed Tribulation, heard good things though.

Sat through ATW, very much not my thing, all the bad parts of royal blood and KoL, rolled together with spoken word poetry and an overly heavy baseline.. the closest thing to 'noise' I've ever experienced.

Ghost were incredible, glad to see the ghouls all got their moments and Tobias is a wonderful front man,

seemed to sell most of the available seating and standing was quite busy, hopefully enough in MCD's mind to bring them back

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I quite enjoyed ATW, though I seem to be the exception. I like the doomy, stonery stuff though.

Ghost were fantastic, really tight sound and the crowd really got into it.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Missed Tribulation, heard good things though.

Sat through ATW, very much not my thing, all the bad parts of royal blood and KoL, rolled together with spoken word poetry and an overly heavy baseline.. the closest thing to 'noise' I've ever experienced.

Ghost were incredible, glad to see the ghouls all got their moments and Tobias is a wonderful front man, se

emed to sell most of the available seating and standing was quite busy, hopefully enough in MCD's mind to bring them back

Tribulation were unreal, they knew the opportunity they had and they went for it! I would have enjoyed ATM more only the energy of Tribulation made it difficult!

Vocals were muddled for sure. And I was front of stage.

Tribulation were bloody brilliant. The big stage suited them far better than Siege, which can only be a good sign.

ATW weren't my kind of disco either, though I appreciate there's a place for that desert fuzz. The "looks like we got a lot of Ghost fans in the house tonight!" bollix cracked me up. No ****, Sherlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

what are you, 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Wooderson

ATW were ace.

Why were the masks only available to buy after the show? I wasn’t going to buy one, just curious?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Why were the masks only available to buy after the show? I wasn’t going to buy one, just curious?

Presume it's a security issue, people covering their face?

Saw a few people with masks on top of their head, assume they had bought the before.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

The masks were 35 quid. Are these Ghost lads having a laugh?

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Presume it's a security issue, people covering their face?.

Yeah that makes sense

I'd say if you'd stuck around after Moonshine Sabbath that would have been obvious :P

Find me something in the 3 Arena that doesn't hawk a tour program or piece of merchandise that price. It's the lay of the land. I'm not too arsed, because I'd never buy that sort of stuff anyway, I buy the records. Most people Spotify them, hence where we're at.

why single out ghost, they're not even close to the worst in this area

Even if they were, they've built up this Satan for the Masses gimmick that'd allow them to get away with it whilst remaining in character.

He's a smart cat, is Tobias Forge. Kiss level merch doesn't really bother me. It's oddly comforting that there's an emergent mainstream rock and roll band with a big youth following who are able to do it.

Plenty of those folks will get a big inclusivity buzz from it, grab tickets for other metal gigs and fests around the gaf, and start exploring.

A Ghost coffin would be pretty cool.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

The venue(s) takes a cut of sales. They have to include VAT too and pay it all.

I was at a gig not too long ago where the Band asked people to not buy the merch as the Venue was taking so much out of it. They sold them from their van, signed them, spoke to fans etc.

Weepsie wrote: »
    The venue(s) takes a cut of sales. They have to include VAT too and pay it all.

I was at a gig not too long ago where the Band asked people to not buy the merch as the Venue was taking so much out of it. They sold them from their van, signed them, spoke to fans etc.

Thats cool.

Yeah most venues add on 20-25% for merch. The queues last night were mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

If you paid full price for a ticket, then that behaviour is just... bizarre.

Advertisement