Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Science Themed PEEHS game

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

In but highly sceptical that some of my answers are correct. I wasn't 100% on the density one (are you looking for an SI unit, like would inches be an acceptable answer for a unit of length?) and I entered only the surname of the Nobel Laureate as I can't think of his first name for the life of me. I guessed a letter for the DNA one as that's out of my league.

Great idea for a topic, really tested on a few of them but also a good mix of ones with very few correct answers.......best of luck to all who entered!

I might do one soon that is all just questions with a finite number of answers......Name one of the members of the Beatles, Pick an Irish city etc etc.

What question do you think didn't have a finite number of answers in this peehs?

Apologies, I meant to say "more" finite..... As in one with only 2-5 selections

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

currently 10 cities in ireland, although 5 if you limit to republic of ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

It's your quiz, do what you like.

From my limited experience, it would be a lot easier score it and admin the collation of entries.

It would lead to a much tighter scoreboard as there is less spread of points won. There could be 10-12 on top points.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

sKeith wrote: »
    currently 10 cities in ireland, although 5 if you limit to republic of ireland.

And most of the "cities" in Northern Ireland are bull**** fake cities anyway. :rolleyes:Lisburn is NOT a city. #petpeeve

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

It would lead to a much tighter scoreboard as there is less spread of points won. There could be 10-12 on top points.

Yeah, that would be the fun of it. Have a couple of really high scores thrown in so you aren't scuppered by one bad question / answer

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Last call for sign ups - I'll close this at 8 this evening to give myself a chance to sort it all out before the big reveal tomorrow!

Hopefully will be able to catch some of reveal tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭wally79

“Name a unit for measuring density”

My answers

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Will you PM everyone with the results or announce here?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

There will be a reveal thread later on where I announce them all.

I kinda wish I hadn't entered this. I'm gonna humiliate myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I kinda wish I hadn't entered this. I'm gonna humiliate myself!

Snap

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I think most of us are in the same boat - struggled to remember science from school. Tis a long time ago now :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'll probably Sheep every answer as is par for the course when I play Peehs lol.

Out for dinner tonight so might miss the reveal but looking forward to reading back over it :D

Necro wrote: »
    I'll probably Sheep every answer as is par for the course when I play Peehs lol.

Out for dinner tonight so might miss the reveal but looking forward to reading back over it :D

Maybe set up a game where only the person creating it knows if it is Peehs or Sheep, or even a mix of Q's.

It would be evil, but would be a funny reveal.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    Maybe set up a game where only the person creating it knows if it is Peehs or Sheep, or even a mix of Q's.

:D dont be giving me ideas when I'm home from holidays tomorrow lol

Will I hold off on the reveal if there's another on tonight?? Or should I start the reveal now and get it done before tusk starts HP??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ohh if you do it now, I'll actualy be online for one for a change. But see what the majority think!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

2 reveals one day HIT ME!!!!!!

• Advertisement

I'm online too, is there enough of an audience here to do it?

You're the gaffer Sully

Baggly wrote: »
    2 reveals one day HIT ME!!!!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=7296115

sullivlo wrote:
    Will I hold off on the reveal if there's another on tonight?? Or should I start the reveal now and get it done before tusk starts HP??

I thought HP was tomorrow but I'm also inebriated lol

Oooh I'd be happy for the reveal now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I'm online too, is there enough of an audience here to do it?

If its a choice between working until 5 or dossing during a reveal....

tenor.gif?itemid=13116595

Baggly wrote: »
    If its a choice between working until 5 or dossing during a reveal....

I've been dossing since 12. Could do with a distraction.

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    I've been dossing since 12. Could do with a distraction.

I've been dossing since June :pac:

Advertisement