Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Games Table Quiz - July 2019

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

quickbeam wrote:
    Wonder if popcorn settings can be changed to lengthen the days so it'd last a few days instead of a few minutes.

Sure can, you just change the game type and then you can modify the day length etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Tomorrow then! Who's in?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Choc Chip wrote: »
    android!
    You have to go into the individual chat/group and at the top of it click in and under 'media visibility' say 'no'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

tusk wrote: »
    ah screw them. We're a nice bunch if people wan't to join come on in...

I was actually thinking of a short game on discord, but a bit more involved than popcorn. over the course of a day or two only. Could also be done on watsapp.

Digi ran an evening game here a while ago, was one of my first games. I loved it. I'd be up for faster games too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,306 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I’ll sign up for this if not too late. No idea what Discord is though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Collie D wrote: »
    I’ll sign up for this if not too late. No idea what Discord is though.

It’s like WhatsApp, but you don’t need to exchange phone numbers to join, so you remain anonymous.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

We have currently 31 signed up I believe. As I only have access to my mobile for the next week, here is the schedule I'm proposing.

Close sign ups Wednesday this week
    Create teams and get names sorted.
    Questions to be posted in rounds of 2 over 3 days, on Fri, Sat, and Sun (around midday)
    Hopefully do all results/reveals on next Monday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Kolido wrote: »
    We have currently 31 signed up I believe. As I only have access to my mobile for the next week, here is the schedule I'm proposing.

Close sign ups Wednesday this week
    Create teams and get names sorted.
    Questions to be posted in rounds of 2 over 3 days, on Fri, Sat, and Sun (around midday)
    Hopefully do all results/reveals on next Monday evening.

Sounds G K-man

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

If you need help with team logistics etc Kolido let me know. Im sure i can help with that without being privy to the questions (if you need a dig out).

Baggly wrote: »
    If you need help with team logistics etc Kolido let me know. Im sure i can help with that without being privy to the questions (if you need a dig out).

Thanks dude, I appreciate the offer. Will let you know if I run into trouble.

• Advertisement

FUNFACT: There will be no werewolf questions in this quiz.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Is it just me or does anyone else wonder why Fine Gael are advertising a table quiz on Boards every time they see the thread title?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Zaph wrote:
    Is it just me or does anyone else wonder why Fine Gael are advertising a table quiz on Boards every time they see the thread title?

Oh jesus he's uncovered Forum Games dark secret guys!

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Zaph wrote: »

Hahaha I read it as that every single time! Glad I'm not the only one! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

No idea what you're talking about :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I accidentally went to a Sinn Féin table quiz once. I was not amused.

Barney92 wrote:
    I accidentally went to a Sinn Féin table quiz once. I was not amused.

Back in the heady days of national school I was a regular on the table quiz team and we would compete in the various competitions: Credit Union, Cadburys, Community Games. Did pretty well in all, making a few national finals.

But the quiz considered creme de la creme was the Pioneers one. Never made it past the provincials in that. Our school principal who was a nun and avid Pioneer to boot drove us home in silence.

'It's an awful shame to let down the school like that tonight' she said to us as we got dropped back into the home town.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Necro wrote: »
    Back in the heady days of national school I was a regular on the table quiz team and we would compete in the various competitions: Credit Union, Cadburys, Community Games. Did pretty well in all, making a few national finals.

But the quiz considered creme de la creme was the Pioneers one. Never made it past the provincials in that. Our school principal who was a nun and avid Pioneer to boot drove us home in silence.

'It's an awful shame to let down the school like that tonight' she said to us as we got dropped back into the home town.

:eek:

Watch out folks, we've got a shark here.

A sample of some of the SF table quiz

What is twenty six plus six?

Name the ten hunger strikers who died in the summer of 1981.

Barney92 wrote:
    Watch out folks, we've got a shark here.

:pac: I did specify National School.

Nowadays... :cool: Not so much!!

I went to a charity quiz once years ago. Entry was something outrageous like £300 per team, but I managed to convince our CEO to have the company cover the cost. On arrival each team was allocated a "celebrity". Some were moderately well known, but ours was a complete mystery to us because none of us were into GAA. So when Colm O'Rourke, who was the then Meath captain and a recent All-Ireland winner came over and introduced himself I think he was a bit put out that we weren't massively excited to have him on the team. When he told us he was a teacher we thought at least he'd be pretty decent, how wrong we were, he was feckin' useless and didn't seem interested in being there at all.

The quiz itself was the toughest I've ever been to, the questions were ridiculously hard. I think the winning score out of 100 was just under 60, and one team didn't even break 20. Where's the fun in that? And iirc the prizes even for the winners were just boxes of chocolates or something equally crap, despite the huge money they took in in entry fees and all the sponsors they had lined up. We politely declined when we received an invitation to return the following year.

• Advertisement

We better be getting decent chocolates for winning this quiz!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

A tin of quality street.

Virtual chocolates are the best type. Also guilt free too ;)

h389A312D

Necro wrote:
    Virtual chocolates are the best type. Also guilt free too

Yep 0 calories

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    A tin of quality street.

Strawb said decent chocolates! :P

Zaph wrote:
    Strawb said decent chocolates!

They better be Ferrero Rocher so

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    A tin of quality street.

Don’t be giving me those coconut ones

Don’t be giving me those coconut ones

I don't get all the hate for coconut, it's the greatest of all the nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I like coconut things too.

Advertisement