Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie 2nd Annual Codenames WC July 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Three matches in and a big shock in the Group of Death, leaves the reigning champions with it all to do

Team sneaky kittens need to win by at least two to stay in contention in the Group of Death

Group of Death
    Team|Played|Won|Lost|PD
    Team Skunkman|1|1|0|1
    Team Digibags|0|0|0|0
    Team Kosh|1|0|1|-1

Group of Life
    Team|Played|Won|Lost|PD
    Team Tusk'O'Plasm|2|1|1|2
    Team SixGreen&SixRedtoes|1|1|0|1
    Team Sneaky kittens|1|0|1|-3

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Digi and I will be around Sunday evening and Monday for a game (or our games).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Green&Red wrote: »
    Three matches in and a big shock in the Group of Death, leaves the reigning champions with it all to do

Team sneaky kittens need to win by at least two to stay in contention in the Group of Death

Group of Death
    Team|Played|Won|Lost|PD
    Team Skunkman|1|1|0|1
    Team Digibags|0|0|0|0
    Team Kosh|1|0|1|-1

Group of Life
    Team|Played|Won|Lost|PD
    Team Tusk'O'Plasm|2|1|1|2
    Team SixGreen&SixRedtoes|1|1|0|1
    Team Sneaky kittens|1|0|1|-3

Can you explain the points system pls?

So ye won the game v Sk and Kitten and they had three tiles left so ye got +3 and they got -3, ye lost by 1 to us so -1 and 1
    Will only come into play when the number of games won is tied

SK and Kitten when are ye free?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

anytime

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

So what’s happens now? Do Digibags and Kosh go against each other and Skunkman against Digibags and whoever comes out with the most points goes through to the next round??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

SK and Kitten when are ye free?

I won’t be around until Wednesday

LadySkunk wrote: »
    So what’s happens now? Do Digibags and Kosh go against each other and Skunkman against Digibags and whoever comes out with the most points goes through to the next round??

Exactly, you play each team in your group once and the top two go to the semi finals

Exactly, you play each team in your group once and the top two go to the semi finals

So we need the sneaky kitties to beat you guys for us to be in with a chance?

• Advertisement

tusk wrote: »
    So we need the sneaky kitties to beat you guys for us to be in with a chance?

No. Ye're through no matter what, if we win ye finish second, if we lose ye win the group

I clearly can't read plain English. Please disregard me :pac:

whats the crack with assassin and points difference.

sKeith wrote: »
    whats the crack with assassin and points difference.
    I didnt know what to do, any suggestions? I gave it as the score when the assassin happened

I didnt know what to do, any suggestions? I gave it as the score when the assassin happened

Thing is though, the assassin hitter could be ahead of the winner, so is it fair to give winner minus points difference for a win?

sKeith wrote: »

Thing is though, the assassin hitter could be ahead of the winner, so is it fair to give winner minus points difference for a win?
    I was thinking about it and it’s probably not unfair, if they’re behind then they’ve gotten their luck with the assassin being hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

I was thinking about it and it’s probably not unfair, if they’re behind then they’ve gotten their luck with the assassin being hit?

It's probably not really going to be a problem but if someone clues 4 and gets 3 on their first guess and hits the assassin then it's not fair on the losing team to be -3 on differential. Genuinely don't think it's going to matter in this tournament but in a larger format it could be an issue

Any suggestions for a fairer method?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Duffman and Digibags when are you guys free to play next game? :)

Just confirming availability with my teammate now....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

When are we playing next G&R? Is it Wednesday?

Table reading isn't my forte, so pls let me know when and who myself and Ecto should play next hahaha

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

If any team needs a sub I'll be available from tomorrow morning (assuming subs are a thing?)

Sixtoes wrote: »
    When are we playing next G&R? Is it Wednesday?

Ya whenever Kitten and Skeith are free, Kitten said she was out until Wednesday

If you want a bit of practice as captain you could sign up for an ad-hoc game here

Any suggestions for a fairer method?

We did the assassinated team got a -1 point differential in LoL, didnt we?

We could do it that if team a is 5-3 up, and hit the assassin, the scores are swapped? So team a get a -2 and team b get a +2?

Baggly wrote: »

We could do it that if team a is 5-3 up, and hit the assassin, the scores are swapped? So team a get a -2 and team b get a +2?
    Sounds fair

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

LadySkunk wrote: »
    Duffman and Digibags when are you guys free to play next game? :)

I'm free for the rest of this week, might be on mobile most of today and tomorrow but can play

Guys, the aim is to have at least one match played by this Thursday and the second by the following Wednesday, make sure we get this finished in a reasonable time-frame.
    If you think you need a sub, even for one game, let me know and I'll try and arrange/bully someone into stepping in

Kitten, Skeith, Sixtoes how are we fixed for this week? Any apart from Sunday suits me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

duffman13 wrote: »
    I'm free for the rest of this week, might be on mobile most of today and tomorrow but can play

I'm just finished my working week so the next three days are perfect, can play intermittently from Saturday again

Pter is gonna cap this one for us I think, what about yerselves?

• Advertisement

Kitten, Skeith, Sixtoes how are we fixed for this week? Any apart from Sunday suits me

This has been stated just a post or two up the way by yourself.

Kitten is unavailable until tomorrow.

I'll play anytime. Kitten is our cap for the game. codenames is such a low commitment game, the only times i won't be available is when i'm unconscious or operating heavy machinery or both.

Advertisement