Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Didn't receive hospital bill

Options
  • 25-05-2019 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

I was admitted to Beaumont Hospital last month around April 4th after consuming methanol/ethylene glycol. They gave me an antidote for a few days, discharged me and then readmitted me for a weekend because there were unsafe levels in my blood still.

I was told by the doctor that the antidote though effective was quite pricey (around €500 per gram and I was given 2 grams each day). I have Laya Healthcare. So far, I haven't received any bill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Did you give your laya account number to the hospital?
    If so you probably wont see a bill. Log in to your laya account, details will be there.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Laya (or whoever) normally send out a detailed list of everything they’ve paid for regarding your treatment. For my own hospital visits it has appeared in the letterbox anywhere from a couple of months to a year afterwards. Give it time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

I was admitted to Beaumont Hospital last month around April 4th after consuming methanol/ethylene glycol. They gave me an antidote for a few days, discharged me and then readmitted me for a weekend because there were unsafe levels in my blood still.

I was told by the doctor that the antidote though effective was quite pricey (around €500 per gram and I was given 2 grams each day). I have Laya Healthcare. So far, I haven't received any bill.

If you were admitted as a public patient, it’s something like 75 Euro per night.

If you were admitted as a private patient, you’d just pay your excess.

Might be worth clarifying that with patient accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,092 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

It took two months for my admission to appear on my Laya account
    It can take up to 6 months for a hospital to submit a claim apparently

Advertisement