Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Edge of Extinction (US)-[**SPOILERS**]

Options
  • 28-01-2019 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭

Survivor: Edge of Extinction (US)-[**SPOILERS**]

220px-Survivor_Edge_of_Extinction_logo.png

Season 38 of the greatest show in town CBS Survivor is due to premiere on Wednesday 20th February 2019 8/7c,8 PM Eastern Time/7 PM Central Time.This is the seventh season to take place in Fiji (Mamanuca Islands).

The season will feature 18 castaways divided into two tribes.There will 4 returnee players:

Joe Anglim
    Aubry Bracco
    Kelley Wentworth
    David Wright

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

*Inserts never ending promise to upload his Survivor collection for people to look at :rolleyes::o*

Roll on Season 38! I didn't really post much in the Season 37 thread ... must go back and add my thoughts.

Random info - Kelly Wentworth was in Dublin and Galway about 1 month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

2 weeks to go! Where does the time go?

1 more sleep! :D:D

No more sleeps!

I wonder how the returnees will do ?? If I was playing with returnees I'd want them out as quickly as possible (after I got over the wow factor lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,348 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wasn't really digging any of the players however Damm that was a nice twist ending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I wasn't really digging any of the players however Damm that was a nice twist ending.

Really enjoyed it as an opener.

Joe Amazing's all round game is ridiculously good outside of the puzzles.Underestimate Aubry at your peril.

The other returnees are very solid players who if given a chance will go deep into the game.Kelly is really beautiful,ditto Lauren.Plenty of truth in Wendy and Reem's conclusion re the danger of the power couple.

Fell on deaf ears due to our passive aggressive age discriminated mother figure.Yikes in tribal even when players were trying to reach out to her she took offence.

Her blunt honesty at the end was comedy gold and was hilarious although it came back to bite her with this new redemption island like twist?Plenty of rain forecast lol.

That young pre med student seems a bit under hand,not to be trusted.:D

Liking "wardog",he seems a very straight up sort of guy.Ditto Wendy seems very honest and loyal.Perhaps she picks the wrong folk to be loyal to though.A probably fatal flaw as indicated by the number of votes she accumulated.She is endearing with the obstacles she faces from the social game viewpoint with the tourette's and OCD.

Usually we have a player who appears insistent on demonstrating to the tv audience that he/she is here to play the game.Could that be Ron with his secret advantage?

Hard to get a read on some of the other players.

Prediction for an early vote out,Julie our New York Mam.

It was nearly scarier seeing her with machete in her control than Reem!:D

Our Tennessee country Gavin strikes me as a run with hare hunt with the hound sort.

Rick the news anchor could be an interesting player although don't foresee him ending up the sole survivor.

TBH I'm kinda rooting for Joe.He got a great all round game and bundles of charisma and the newby female players all adore him.Can he overcome the obstacles a returnee player faces?

Really enjoyed the first episode!
    I am not surprised Reem got the boot after trying to 'mother' everyone, what on earth made her think that would be a good move? I'm going to be really annoyed if anyone picks to not go to 'extinction' island when they are voted out even though it will be a miserable existence.

I heard the black dude couldn't swim before the show and I think that is going to be a big hindrance going forward. He is f*cked if they have any swimming type challenges although he did seem to do well in the water when the girls were teaching him.

Not a huge fan of the girl with Tourettes, I think she is going to get too loud and annoying. I'd be surpirsed if she gets to the merge - if she does it will be as a goat.

As for returnee David - not really sure why they brought him back - he still seems scared of everything lol

That is the easiest decision in the world

If you have to think that hard and constantly ask God, You don't deserve to continue in the game or deserve to have been in it in the first place.

Don't really feel like much happened this episode and I didn't find it all that exciting. Wish they would stop having combined reward & immunity challenges!

I'm so surprised that they didn't get Kelly out, would have been a perfect opportunity. As for Aubry - it's her 3rd time playing yet she is coming across as a desperate newbie and everyone is seeing through it.

What is with Keith and his "oh god oh god" when it comes to deciding whether to leave or go to extinction island?? If god tells him to leave the game then I'll be pissed. People kill to go on this show and you are considering not staying? Muppet!

Easiest vote in many a long day.I was sure he'd opt to leave as he's far too precious for the arduous challenges of Survivor.Hope I've called it right on his decision as he doesn't deserve to be still there.

Can't see that tribe winning many ICs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Not really feeling this season so far, its kind of boring. A returning player will probably win,they usually do

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Sawduck wrote: »
    Not really feeling this season so far, its kind of boring. A returning player will probably win,they usually do
    We're only 2 eps in!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Ugh, the ending was stupid - who wouldn't decide to stay in the game. Either Keith is one of the worst players of all-time if he can't make that decision automatically or some editing shenanigans are afoot to try and add suspense - I'd rather it be the former and we're not going to be subjected to this cliffhanger of will they stay or go every episode, since Survivor has lasted nearly 20 years without the need for Cliffhangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'm enjoying the season so far, like the slight shake up with Extinction Island. I'm assuming the cliffhanger is a one off to an extent as most others will have a very different reaction to the decision in front of them.

Find myself rooting for Aubrey again which is going to end in disappointment, sooner rather than later I expect.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Surely they all know there is some twist afoot? Is no one there questioning the "theme" of the season?

Might have to add that giant snake to my survivor collection :D
    Hyzepher wrote: »
    Surely they all know there is some twist afoot? Is no one there questioning the "theme" of the season?

They were questioning it in episode 1. I'm sure they bounced around ideas but we only saw a few seconds of the conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

They're all a bit Meh so far. Hopefully it picks up.
    Have they ever done a Survivor in a cold climate? I'd love that. Be much tougher survival wise I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,460 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

pooch90 wrote: »
    Have they ever done a Survivor in a cold climate? I'd love that. Be much tougher survival wise I think.

Brilliant idea, but far higher risk to the castaways.

Regarding this week, I'd say that's the easiest vote-out there will be this season.

How can you apply to Survivor if you can't swim? It should be on the bloody application form at this stage.

Can you swim? Y/N

Mr E wrote: »
    How can you apply to Survivor if you can't swim? It should be on the bloody application form at this stage.

Can you swim? Y/N

It is on the application form but they obviously were happy to overlook it in his case.

Well this weeks player has no one but themselves for getting voted off.

• Advertisement

Well this weeks player has no one but themselves for getting voted off.

Agreed!!!

Why the hell are they not getting the returnees out. Haven't any of them watched the game before? You don't let returnees get to the end!

As for Wendy releasing the chickens - wtf ? You might as well just quit as they are going to vote for a$$ out next! The tribe needs the chickens so that they can be strong ... what don't you get about that? Argh!!!!

Prediction for tribe swap - 2 tribes have 1 returnee each and the other tribe has the remaining two.

*On an unrelated topic I had a long conversation with Denis Martin (Survivor China) last night. I was tempted to ask what happened to the 50 grand but decided not too lol.

Ah that's a bit harsh,there were definitely machinations afoot to vote Wentworth.

Hilarious Chris's honesty play backfired when Wardog went running back to Wentworth because he trusted her more.:)

So as the machiavellian David yet again escaped been thrown under the bus as his plot he expects will not be revealed for the time being.>Fancy Chris an impressive player in challenges to roar back from the edge of extinction.

No Keith like godly hesitations.

Kelley can wear a scowl like nobody else at tribal,the quite visible disdain she has for Wendi and the treacherous Chris was hardly subtle.

Wendi is a hilarious character,not chance of winning the game with her well meaning hypocrisy re the chickens.Not sure how the jailbreak will improve her ability to integrate with the other players.

The tribal swap won't do her any harm.

TBH I think Wardog is quite fond of his little warpup.Considering she was crippled with a possible neural damage:D her swim in the IC was in a different league to the dismal shows by Kelley,David and Lauren.

Joe and Aubry's tribe are infinitely superior in ICs,hard to see any end to their winning streak.

What a boring episode! Even Wendy releasing the chickens wasn't that exciting :rolleyes:

Great edit from the get go setting up the easy vote out of Wendi and flipping things on their head.

Any mathematicians amongst us able to work out the odds that the original tribal members excepting Wendi would recoalesce in smaller tribes post the tribe swap?

The love in amongst the five spoiled the usual venom and blindside intentions at tribal.

David is most definitely on the outs.

I think Wardog will targeted as he's running the show just that little bit too much.A kin to a godfather.

Speaking of which that original tribe now Lesu have a truly terrible record in ICs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭BobMc

Maybe they should cook Wendy! love to see that :)

Been slow this season, no one I'm really rooting for yet

Double episode this week.

Can't believe Aubrey went out with an idol and a cursed second vote in her bag. I wonder did the advantage actually have an adverse effect and persuade her to hold onto them until the post merge.

Not really sure who I want to root for now either. Depends on who comes back into the game. Shame it's going to be a skilled base comp to get back on. Was hoping for something more interesting.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Can't believe Aubrey went out with an idol and a cursed second vote in her bag. I wonder did the advantage actually have an adverse effect and persuade her to hold onto them until the post merge.

Not really sure who I want to root for now either. Depends on who comes back into the game. Shame it's going to be a skilled base comp to get back on. Was hoping for something more interesting.

She never saw that one coming,a beautifully executed blindside.

It's got to be Joe Amazing or should I say Samson who is head and shoulders above all others.

Kelley and David are on camera already making the case for him.

Unfortunately he'll likely have to win all the ICs post merge,find some HIIs and stumble upon an advantage.

Kelley's performance in challenges has been abysmal,ditto the domineering Wardog.Thought Lauren and Wardog would kick off.David at least is helping around camp.

Aurora and Julie are very solid players.

Gavin has some real game play,Victoria has a ruthlessness that may compensate for her poor physical game.

Tis amazing how many of the players lack the basic survival skills and piggyback on the likes of Joe.

Crazy of the argumentative and openly hostile Reem to hand the inept Keith the advantage.He's a very untrustworthy character.

Should be interesting the challenge that lies ahead for those voted out to reenter the game.

It'll be good to see more form the like of Julie, Victoria and Aurora now that we're in the post-merge. Maybe one of those will emerge as someone to root for.

I think I'm much more on team Kelly/David than team Joe. It's interesting that their initial instincts to try take each other out by rallying troops is the main reason why they're still there.

• Advertisement

Voted off with an idol and a second vote so with the twist just she get to bring them back into the game now?

Advertisement