Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blogging chat on Reddit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Emmser

People were randomly removed the night private posts were copied and pasted in the public thread threatening to doxx people. That meant the private group had a mole and the moderators are working through accounts to readd them when we could be sure the poster was genuine, but TBH bad mouthing the group is a sure fire way to stay excluded

I didn't think I bad mouthed the group. I feel hurt by that comment. I won't comment any further and if I can delete, I will. I don't want back in the private group but I certainly don't need any hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I know Emmser deleted her post but just on the post about being well known to mods - I don't have the same user name on Reddit as Boards. I'm only in the iBloggerChat because I commented on posts rather than lurk. I didn't even post all that much or make any stand out posts, but I was active.

wyrn wrote: »
    I know Emmser deleted her post but just on the post about being well known to mods - I don't have the same user name on Reddit as Boards. I'm only in the iBloggerChat because I commented on posts rather than lurk. I didn't even post all that much or make any stand out posts, but I was active.

I'm not really sure how it works so maybe I'm best sticking to boards. I've deleted my Reddit account and must catch up on all the housework, tv episodes etc. I've missed since getting sucked into the world of Reddit; it should come with a health warning! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Don't think it's clique at all. It's not like I have a very long post history on blogging over here. Maybe 6-7 months. People don't want to be doxxed and their careers threatened.

To be honest with you Emmser, I wasn't the one that deleted you so I wasn't in the position to re add people that I didn't delete. There was over 50 people deleted over the last week or so, I received multiple messages from people asking to get back into the private chat, many from people that rarely commented, only there for a snoop and then I was still receiving requests to join from random people as well as regular users in the public thread wanting to get onto the private group.

The public thread is still available and the same things are being discussed on both the public and private thread. Its up to the users on the public thread to keep it active and up to date, the same way the users did before the private page was set up.

Emmser wrote: »
    I'm not really sure how it works so maybe I'm best sticking to boards. I've deleted my Reddit account and must catch up on all the housework, tv episodes etc. I've missed since getting sucked into the world of Reddit; it should come with a health warning! :)
    Oh I know what you mean. I'm addicted to checking the Wedding subreddit and looking at all the dresses and reading the wedding dramas.

wyrn wrote: »
    Oh I know what you mean. I'm addicted to checking the Wedding subreddit and looking at all the dresses and reading the wedding dramas.

I only had weddingsonline when I was getting married but I was sucked into all the 'real weddings'! What's better is when you see someone you know: my friend worked for a wedding magazine and told me 9/10 people actually send in their wedding photos and info and ask to be published!

wendydoll wrote: »
    Don't think it's clique at all. It's not like I have a very long post history on blogging over here. Maybe 6-7 months. People don't want to be doxxed and their careers threatened.

To be honest with you Emmser, I wasn't the one that deleted you so I wasn't in the position to re add people that I didn't delete. There was over 50 people deleted over the last week or so, I received multiple messages from people asking to get back into the private chat, many from people that rarely commented, only there for a snoop and then I was still receiving requests to join from random people as well as regular users in the public thread wanting to get onto the private group.

The public thread is still available and the same things are being discussed on both the public and private thread. Its up to the users on the public thread to keep it active and up to date, the same way the users did before the private page was set up.

That's fair enough Wendy. Sure I can tag along in here and maybe ye'd visit from time to time. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭sunbeam

That's awful about the doxxing wendydoll. I was also locked out of the private group but can understand why you did it. I'm happy enough to stick to here and the public thread anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭forumuser

wendydoll wrote: »

I was removed from the private group and asked to be added again, I'm guessing I was removed for being a lurker (not a snooper) rather than a contributor which is fair enough. I rarely post because I have nothing to add, usually because someone else has already said what I thought! And unfortunately that's not likely to change.
    But I don't think the public group & the private group are the same at all, there are some really knowledgeable contributors that no longer post on the public group and I think it suffers because of that. It's a pity that trolling ruined a really great forum.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I was added to group but completely lost in reddit! So no worries if I’m deleted, I’ll stick to here. What’s doxxing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

pc7 wrote: »
    I was added to group but completely lost in reddit! So no worries if I’m deleted, I’ll stick to here. What’s doxxing?

If you need any tips feel free to PM!

Doxxing is when someone reveals a posters real identity online.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭danmanw8

anna080 wrote: »
    It'll take me 10 years to navigate that site so see ye there next year

Funny, I usually use that site and find boards confusing :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 CallmeKeano

fg1406 wrote: »
    I now ill probably get a slap on the wrist for this but since the other thread was closed down under threat of legal action, maybe we could take our discussion to another forum where we can discuss such issues freely. One beginning with R and ending with T where we could set up our own Irish Blogger sub? The Irish media might pick up on it more too since a main Irish paper nicks half their online content from that site anyway.

good call I rather that site myself moved across years ago and only check in here from time to time now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 IrishinOz

Has it been closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

IrishinOz wrote: »
    Has it been closed?

I was thinking the same, I loved reading that thread!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Cutie 3.14 wrote: »
    I was thinking the same, I loved reading that thread!!

Reddit archives threads after 6 months so I’m assuming that’s what happened there. No harm really, the place was populated by trolls. The closed group is still there though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭aoife1991

Reddit archives threads after 6 months so I’m assuming that’s what happened there. No harm really, the place was populated by trolls. The closed group is still there though :)

I was kicked out of the closed group the first time they closed it and haven't been left back in. I'm at a bit of a loss now cos I loved having someone to vent about bloggers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

aoife1991 wrote: »

I was kicked out of the closed group the first time they closed it and haven't been left back in. I'm at a bit of a loss now cos I loved having someone to vent about bloggers

Why did they kick you out?

aoife1991 wrote: »

Ye can always set up another group.

• Advertisement

GingerLily wrote: »
    Why did they kick you out?
    I don't post much on boards, I was reading the threads but wasn't an active participant so they wouldn't let me back in. I gave my boards username to the mods but *shrugs*

Ye can always set up another group.
    we'll set up our own group with blackjack... And strippers!

Nah, it's ok. I just liked following it and chatting about it.

I was never in the private chat groups on Reddit thb!

I posted a fair bit under old accounts here on Boards when the first threads about bloggers started and posted in the Reddit chat too, I'm missing it severely!

Is there any way I could be added to the private chat? I posted most days on the public Reddit chat if that qualifies Me!? If not it's Ok!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Why doesn’t someone just start a new thread in the same subreddit that the archived one is in?

Why doesn’t someone just start a new thread in the same subreddit that the archived one is in?

I was going to but after posting here about it then it might be obvious its me and dont want my two usernames to be linked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I was going to but after posting here about it then it might be obvious its me and dont want my two usernames to be linked!

Well hopefully someone will and then they can post a link to it here!

I feel the same. I have two different usernames and would like to keep my 'digital presence' as separate as possible haha

Ok I'm going to make a new thread...il post back here with the link soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kayla21

Ok I'm going to make a new thread...il post back here with the link soon!

Would you not consider opening a thread on Guru Gossip for the Irish Blogging World?

• Advertisement

My advice would have been to set up another subreddit rather than just another thread in that forum as you’d have more control over removing trolls etc.

My advice would have been to set up another subreddit rather than just another thread in that forum as you’d have more control over removing trolls etc.
    Plus that one will be archived in 6 months

Ah crap! I haven't a notion how to use Reddit in fairness, I always just have the thread open and easily accessible in a tab of its own on my phone's browser

Edit: I want to add aswel that to set up a subreddit id have to use my regular account, as you need to be a member for a certain length of time to do so.

I don't want to use my regular account for 2 reasons: I have no interest in being a moderator and dealing with trolls, and secondly there was an attempted doxing on the last person who set up the original Reddit thread and I don't want that happening to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Love the talk on Reddit. How can I join the closed chats?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭danmanw8

I'd like to know that as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panda18

Is the subreddit gone? I can’t seem to find it

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Wexy86

Panda18 wrote: »
    Is the subreddit gone? I can’t seem to find it
    A new one was started, did you get the link?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panda18

Wexy86 wrote: »
    A new one was started, did you get the link?

Hi Wexy86, I think I was in the most up to date one but since the start of the week I haven’t been able to find it. If it’s still there I must have been kicked out, I don’t know why though :-/ I really miss it, it was brilliant

Can someone send me the link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 mgt10

And me please ����

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Oh me too please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

And me please!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

and me please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

and me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

& me too please!

Did anyone get a link /add? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

And me please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

Ooh, could I get into the subreddit please?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Sonic46

Me too please.

Advertisement