Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Grass Track

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

800 metres and 1 mile this year....

https://bhaa.ie/events/trinity-track-2018/

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nialler73

Just float in. A big group of kids was using it today though, so had to run on the inside of it. Kids were having a great time

It seemed to be a promo for The Irish Runner 5 mile. They had Ronnie Delaney over there pressing the flesh... Nice to see him, looked v well for his vintage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Nialler73 wrote: »
    It seemed to be a promo for The Irish Runner 5 mile. They had Ronnie Delaney over there pressing the flesh... Nice to see him, looked v well for his vintage.

Yeah a few runners were getting their photo with him. It was a good idea I have to say especially when they were describing the history of trinity to Irish Athletics

• Registered Users Posts: 10,426 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

aquinn wrote: »
    If the track is genuinely measured incorrectly has anyone contacted BHAA to advise them?

Apparently it measures OK on their watches. ;)

aquinn wrote: »
    If the track is genuinely measured incorrectly has anyone contacted BHAA to advise them?

In fairness some of the bhaa races in the past werent measured great. But still.great events

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

I work in Trinity and have been using this track for the last couple of weeks.

If there's a cricket match on (there was one last week) I just run around the outside, not ideal if you are looking to run on grass but still nice surroundings.......

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

coogy wrote: »
    I work in Trinity and have been using this track for the last couple of weeks.

If there's a cricket match on (there was one last week) I just run around the outside, not ideal if you are looking to run on grass but still nice surroundings.......

I was asked to leave when running on the outside of a cricket match there last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Most will be aware of it already but the entire College Park grass area including Running Track has been closed for remedial works for at least the remainder of this month
    EpFJ7Xb.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

The whole pitch is f*cked in fairness, it's basically not even grass anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

cunavalos wrote: »
    Most will be aware of it already but the entire College Park grass area including Running Track has been closed for remedial works for at least the remainder of this month
    EpFJ7Xb.jpg?1

Really annoying. I’ve been using it for lunchtime sessions as I’ve been finding it hard to make it to training of late.

• Advertisement

When is the track opening up for the summer does anyone know?

Chivito550 wrote: »
    When is the track opening up for the summer does anyone know?

I would say by the end of the month, but can see it closing down in summer like it did last year, as the ground is very dry.

I pass it several times a day so I'll keep ye posted.

TT Racers were back on it last Tuesday along with a seperate group led by Gary o Hanlon

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    TT Racers were back on it last Tuesday along with a seperate group led by Gary o Hanlon

Well, people run in College Park alright, but the track is not laid out yet.

Does Gary O'Hanlon group train at lunchtime?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Track is being marked out today by the looks of it!

Yep track is now up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

LaHaine wrote: »
    Track is being marked out today by the looks of it!
    Yeah can confirm track is officiallly marked out as of lunchtime today
    JSQvRr4.jpg?1
    A lot of regulars have been back since last week but there may be an increased number of cricket matches on the pitch this summer as they did a lot of work on the wicket this year

cunavalos wrote: »
    Yeah can confirm track is officiallly marked out as of lunchtime today
    JSQvRr4.jpg?1
    A lot of regulars have been back since last week but there may be an increased number of cricket matches on the pitch this summer as they did a lot of work on the wicket this year

Where can we see the schedule for cricket matches? Just so none of us rock up to run and find out we can’t use it. Nothing worse.

• Advertisement

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Where can we see the schedule for cricket matches? Just so none of us rock up to run and find out we can’t use it. Nothing worse.

Cricket Leinster website?

https://www.cricketleinster.ie/match-centre/fixtures?category=&competition=&club=7G345GF2JW&team=&venue=&year=&month=

Also here (looks incomplete):

http://trinitycricket.com/news

Does Gary O'Hanlon group train at lunchtime?

certainly looked like he was leading a group out there. Come to think of it Catherine McKiernan was also there training people too.

certainly looked like he was leading a group out there. Come to think of it Catherine McKiernan was also there training people too.

Yeah saw her training a group in St Stephens green last week.

Huge group there at lunchtime today - TT Racers I presume, who use the track Tues and Thurs at lunchtime during summer. Not sure how exclusive their access is.

Murph_D wrote: »
    Huge group there at lunchtime today - TT Racers I presume, who use the track Tues and Thurs at lunchtime during summer. Not sure how exclusive their access is.

No running group has exclusive right to it, but if a running group wants to use it they must pay a fee.

Individuals are free to run on it, but common sense needs to come into it when busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

Can you run on this if you're slower than drinking soup with chopsticks?

FYI, according to an email from Trinity Sport, the track will be closed between June 27 - 22 July for the summer concert series.

Murph_D wrote: »
    FYI, according to an email from Trinity Sport, the track will be closed between June 27 - 22 July for the summer concert series.

For a whole month?

For a whole month?

This is what I was told:

“The track is available apart from the cricket up until the 27th of June then takes a break until 22nd July because of the summer series happening in college.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

I used it last week for a 45 min easy session. Nice to be back on the track!!

Advertisement