Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roomba or equivalent?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

digitaldr wrote: »
    Did you get caught for duty?

No ordered through their Polish warehouse so no duty on it.

Still very happy with it but one thing I wasn't aware of was that it can only store 1 map with no-go areas etc. If you want it to do upstairs and downstairs for example you'll just need to get it map out the rooms each time and make sure any no-go areas have barriers to stop entry. That's not a problem for me and hopefully they'll release a firmware update that stores at least 2 floors. I believe that's a feature on the new S6 though so they might leave the S5 as it is.

Anyway, overall I'm very happy with it and it does a great job. Wife also really likes it and has been the quickest gadget she's seen the benefits of in a long time! Still struggling to convince her on the Harmony Remote & Hue bulbs! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I sent my Harmony remote back. I didn't think the technology was quite there yet and definitely didn't pass the wife test! Very happy with Hue though - mainly use ikea smart bulbs with it plus a few motion sensors for bathrooms, hall stairs & landing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I sent my Harmony remote back. I didn't think the technology was quite there yet and definitely didn't pass the wife test! Very happy with Hue though - mainly use ikea smart bulbs with it plus a few motion sensors for bathrooms, hall stairs & landing.
    My Harmony remote used to work brilliantly, but after some recent firmware updates it has been a bit all over the place. Genuinely though, normally once it's set up and you do all the preset functions (time consuming I'll admit) it's a good piece of kit.

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Did you get caught for duty?

IMO, factor duty into the end price. If you don't have to pay it, it's a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

I received the Roborock S5 yesterday and am struggling with one issue regarding mapping.

The first vacuum of the house completed (but missed a bit of the house) and the map is visible is the cleaning history as follows:
    https://imgur.com/a/NG0zDmT

However when I open the app less than half of one room is showing and this is all that is visible - I cannot set no go areas and the "go to" function is not working:
    https://imgur.com/a/RKhwUSr

Any advice? I am running the latest firmware (3.3.9_001864)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I sent my Harmony remote back. I didn't think the technology was quite there yet and definitely didn't pass the wife test!

Why so? It's a set it once device. Put the time into getting your devices and activities right and you will get years out of it without any messing.

There are a few things, you need to turn off HDMI CEC on all your devices as it can repeat commands causing problems and also you may need to tweak the settings to lock down which blaster does which device as there can sometimes be IR rebounds depending on what glass furniture you have.

We have 2 of them but I recently changed TV in the kitchen and find the new Toshiba to be terrible with it compared to a Samsung as it doesn't have a HDMI 1 and 2 command, instead you must cycle source.

RonanC wrote: »
    I received the Roborock S5 yesterday and am struggling with one issue regarding mapping.

The first vacuum of the house completed (but missed a bit of the house) and the map is visible is the cleaning history as follows:
    https://imgur.com/a/NG0zDmT

However when I open the app less than half of one room is showing and this is all that is visible - I cannot set no go areas and the "go to" function is not working:
    https://imgur.com/a/RKhwUSr

Any advice? I am running the latest firmware (3.3.9_001864)

Have you enabled map saving under vacuum settings? It's not enabled by default and you can't set no-go zones etc until it's on.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

garion wrote: »
    Have you enabled map saving under vacuum settings? It's not enabled by default and you can't set no-go zones etc until it's on.

Yes, did that straight away. I may have to try a full reset at this stage

RonanC wrote: »
    Yes, did that straight away. I may have to try a full reset at this stage

Just noticed I'm on the 0017698 firmware. I have an update pending but I think I'll delay the update until you fix your problem! 😜

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

garion wrote: »
    Yep that's the one I bought from Poland warehouse I think.

How long was delivery?

Shane732 wrote: »
    How long was delivery?

Just over a week I think. Less than 2 away. No customs.

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Neato d3 price drop to £229. Tempted to pull the trigger, though the few really scathing reviews have me thinking.

Neato Robotics Botvac D301 Connected Self-Charging & Docking Robot Vacuum for Pet Hair & Allergies - Alexa & Smart Home Compatible Automatic Vacuum https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KV1C1C2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_TxfjDb5SG1MAS

• Registered Users Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Neato d3 price drop to £229. Tempted to pull the trigger, though the few really scathing reviews have me thinking.

Neato Robotics Botvac D301 Connected Self-Charging & Docking Robot Vacuum for Pet Hair & Allergies - Alexa & Smart Home Compatible Automatic Vacuum https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KV1C1C2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_TxfjDb5SG1MAS

cant understand what people would have issue with, its a brilliant device and has an excellent feature set.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Anybody got the D3, serious price drop tempted to take the plunge... will love some more info on it

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭kennM

Anybody got the D3, serious price drop tempted to take the plunge... will love some more info on it

Don't have the D3 but I went for the Eufy Robovac 30c, similar price range (https://www.eufylife.com/uk/products/variant/robovac-30c/T2118211) and find it great, favourite piece of smart home kit.... it actually largely saves you a job.

If you hang on for Prime Day, July 15th I believe, I'd say you'll see discounts on lots of smart home kit. Personally I got 30C on deal a few months back for £208, normally they're around the £299 ish.

kennM wrote: »
    Don't have the D3 but I went for the Eufy Robovac 30c, similar price range (https://www.eufylife.com/uk/products/variant/robovac-30c/T2118211) and find it great, favourite piece of smart home kit.... it actually largely saves you a job.

If you hang on for Prime Day, July 15th I believe, I'd say you'll see discounts on lots of smart home kit. Personally I got 30C on deal a few months back for £208, normally they're around the £299 ish.

Ya I am between the Eufy 30C & the S50...obviously the price of the Eufy is great but the Neato has mapping which I would be interested in especially at the price

i have a d3 what do you want to know,

i dont believe the eufy is in the same segment in terms of features

Cyrus wrote: »
    i have a d3 what do you want to know,

i dont believe the eufy is in the same segment in terms of features

How do you find the cleaning power on it? Does the mapping work ok? how do you find the battery life, form reading reviews it seems the 60 minutes is not great. Is it slow to clean also? Thanks for your help

• Advertisement

How do you find the cleaning power on it? Does the mapping work ok? how do you find the battery life, form reading reviews it seems the 60 minutes is not great. Is it slow to clean also? Thanks for your help

cleaning power is great no issues with that,

mapping works perfectly as do no go lines

Battery life isnt an issue really as it will go back and recharge if it needs to finish the cycle i find it can do my down stairs without recharging.

Im not sure what you mean by slow to clean? hasnt been an issue for me, but remember you are likely to run these devices when you arent there or at night so battery life and time to clean are less of an issue.

you can also upgrade the battery if you want (its the only difference between the d3 and d5 i believe)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

Ya I am between the Eufy 30C & the S50...obviously the price of the Eufy is great but the Neato has mapping which I would be interested in especially at the price

Neato would be the different league to Eufy 30c, they were the first to introduce laser mapping.
    Xiaomi/Roborock just reaped their vacuums from Neato.
    As for the battery ,D3 got 2600mA one. D5 5200mA

Normally I would say go for the Xiaomi ( Roborock) Mi Robot Vacuum , 1st generation. It is copycat of Neato D5, cost you €230-250 delivered.
    https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32756896771.html?trace=storeDetail2msiteDetail
    But for this price Neato D3 seems to be better choice ( considering Amazon direct warranty Vs shipping faulty goods to China)
    How big is the house? 2600mA battery should be alright for cleaning approx 60 m² without recharging.

alec76 wrote: »
    Neato would be the different league to Eufy 30c, they were the first to introduce laser mapping.

exactly

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

App notifications for the S50 are a little strange sometimes. It'll repeat 'unable to find dock' alerts several hours after it's finished. Anyone else find this?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Decisions decisions - the 30c is down to £170 as a Amazon Prime deal.

They also have the Deebot NS79S for €180 delivered

D3 is 213 from the warehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

As I finish mopping all my floors and know the bloody things will be dirty again in 24 hours, I just want a robo mop now! :(

Help

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

As I finish mopping all my floors and know the bloody things will be dirty again in 24 hours, I just want a robo mop now! :(

Help

24 hours is not bad
    tell my dogs about 24 hours and they say 2 hours:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭kennM

Shaunoc wrote: »
    24 hours is not bad
    tell my dogs about 24 hours and they say 2 hours:pac:

I think most of us have seen those disaster stories about a RoboVac going off before a dog accident was cleaned up off the floor.... eeewwwweeuuu

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

I got the Roborock today and it seems decent.

The main teething problem I am having is that when I try to set no go zone it's telling me they are too close to the dock - even though they are in totally different rooms!

Any suggestions?

Advertisement